ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #2041
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,691
I've used two 908RR's on the back of the 990. I like it in sand, which I hate, but on wet pavement that thing is slick!
The TKC80 up front works better than the 980 which wanders all over hell and gone. Loves those rain grooves too.

My preference is the Scorpion MT90A/T. but, I'm old fart that spends too much time on pavement. The OEM tires lasted about 4K miles. Maybe. I'd have to look in my notes to know for sure. The front 908 really cupped and wore heavily from braking hard on pavement. That thing would push easily on dry pavement. Took me a while to get my braking backed off to deal with it. One panic stop thanks to a wayward texter and I ordered the TKC80 as replacement. I tucked the front but, caught it before I hit the floor.
__________________
...Richard
" you may not be able to fix it with a hammer, but you'll damned sure teach it a lesson" - Anon
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:15 AM   #2042
isaac004
Studly Adventurer
 
isaac004's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 682
Best Noob "Day Trip" Trail/Ride in So Cal? La Verne/Los Angeles

Not much time to write a RR, but here is a collection of photos from the Big Bear Rode last Sunday 8/17.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaac_...7646638078971/

isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:23 AM   #2043
Earl999
Studly Adventurer
 
Earl999's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca.
Oddometer: 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
Not much time to write a RR, but here is a collection of photos from the Big Bear Rode last Sunday 8/17.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/isaac_...7646638078971/

If you want to hit BB again next w/e, let me know.
__________________
WR250
XR650L
CR500AF
CR250R
Earl999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #2044
isaac004
Studly Adventurer
 
isaac004's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl999 View Post
If you want to hit BB again next w/e, let me know.

Thanks, but no KTM riding for the next few weeks due to other plans and the fact that all suspension is stripped from my bike for a bit.
isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #2045
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
Thanks, but no KTM riding for the next few weeks due to other plans and the fact that all suspension is stripped from my bike for a bit.
Suspension stripped ???? Let me know when you are set for some testing when it's back

Would love to download a couple of your shots, is there some trick to it?
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:18 AM   #2046
isaac004
Studly Adventurer
 
isaac004's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 682
Will do!

Bottom right of the photo, click the arrow that is pointing down. Then you select the desired size and it downloads.
isaac004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #2047
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?
 
bigtodd's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Surf City, USA
Oddometer: 1,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac004 View Post
Will do!

Bottom right of the photo, click the arrow that is pointing down. Then you select the desired size and it downloads.
Ah ... Mongo no understand funny little box with buttons and pictures

thanks
__________________
Life is an adventure that requires the correct equipment

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:54 PM   #2048
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 15,890
we need to do one last camping in big bear before the campgrounds officially closed on oct. 19, 2014.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:35 PM   #2049
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSFW View Post
we need to do one last camping in big bear before the campgrounds officially closed on oct. 19, 2014.
Come on up and run the Dusy ershim trail with me this week end....

Two nites on the trail
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:41 PM   #2050
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
Come on up and run the Dusy ershim trail with me this week end....

Two nites on the trail
which weekend Noel?
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #2051
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
which weekend Noel?
This sat(8/30)-mon...... Jeepin of course

Three (well set up ) rigs
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #2052
pcvance
Walk Verplank
 
pcvance's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sequoia Country
Oddometer: 4,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
This sat(8/30)-mon...... Jeepin of course

Three (well set up ) rigs
Cool, are you running south to north or vice versa? This would be a good time to ride it...I have other plans for labor day weekend but, having chase jeeps would be nice.
__________________
KTM 640-E / KTM 525 EXC CENTRAL VALLEY DUAL SPORT RIDES / RIDERS Sequoia-So Cal / STEWARDS OF THE SEQUOIA / STEWARDS OF THE SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST
pcvance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:38 PM   #2053
craigincali
Just hanging around
 
craigincali's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: A town called Hell
Oddometer: 1,896
anyone riding Big Bear Sunday ??? I am going to head up there but don't know my way around
__________________
Me
I am usually drunk when I post so dont take it personally !
2010 KTM 990
craigincali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:53 PM   #2054
Vermon
not gnarly
 
Vermon's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: smelLA
Oddometer: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunerat View Post
This sat(8/30)-mon...... Jeepin of course

Three (well set up ) rigs
Noel, like Perry said..you start'n, from the North end at Kaiser pass..
or south end

I remember the first time early 80's my dad on his Maico took me up there,
I was on my RM370, just a local flat tracker Shaver Lk. boy, thought I'd seen it all up there... NOPE!…that was the shit, and shit in over my head!
...oh yeah, there's the "Oh Shit" Rock ... hah forgot bout that spot…

...we would do parts of it at time…it's a long haul!
did a lot of camping/hike'n and good fishing(trout) in them parts

each time... I can remember my dad say'n…"it was a doozy on the Dusy"
__________________
VernON

Vermon screwed with this post 08-23-2014 at 11:02 PM
Vermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:28 PM   #2055
dunerat
WTF?
 
dunerat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: DRINKIN FROM THE CUP
Oddometer: 14,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcvance View Post
Cool, are you running south to north or vice versa? This would be a good time to ride it...I have other plans for labor day weekend but, having chase jeeps would be nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermon View Post
Noel, like Perry said..you start'n, from the North end at Kaiser pass..
or south end

I remember the first time early 80's my dad on his Maico took me up there,
I was on my RM370, just a local flat tracker Shaver Lk. boy, thought I'd seen it all up there... NOPE!…that was the shit, and shit in over my head!
...oh yeah, there's the "Oh Shit" Rock ... hah forgot bout that spot…

...we would do parts of it at time…it's a long haul!
did a lot of camping/hike'n and good fishing(trout) in them parts

each time... I can remember my dad say'n…"it was a doozy on the Dusy"
Running south to north(start at courtright res.)up chicken rock ,up Thompson hill and down oh shit rock.three days on trail.... It's a Looong crawl
__________________
GO KINGS!!!!(Edit:2 TIME STANLEY CUP CHAMPION KINGS) 00'KX500 (dune wrecker)08'SE ,06'EXC,02'YZF/W,76'04'H-D
92 YJ extreem ,76 CJ 5 sand beast ,07 JK cruiser
dunerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014