ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #826
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgypup View Post
That may be true, but in any event, I don't have a bike suitable for this type of ride.

Some might say the GSA is a great way to enjoy a dirt ride like this, maybe a longer touring ride up the coast, or even a track day in the desert, but this really isn't adventure riding, so I'll have to take a pass.

Maybe when I buy a dirt bike I can join you guys again.

Awe Jeeze gimmee a break
Razr really is a good guy he just likes stirring the shit up, he's good at it and you are just one of many that took his bait
I think he likes it and actually I like seeing him successfully pushing peoples buttons on occasion
I don't know maybe he does it just to get people to go out and prove him wrong
regardless of what you think Razr thinks or what anyone else thinks about how or where or what anyone chooses to ride this will be a good ride for any type of bike or rider skill level

you need to be there
Show up and I'll split YOUR beer tab with Ersin

Anyways
The ONLY important thing is going out and having fun Quit worrying about what ANYONE else says or thinks, it doesn't matter if you ride your bike out, or trailer it out in a $300,000 dollar motorhome with a 60,000 dollar trailer behind it or throw it in the back of a $ 700 dollar Toyota pick up truck. Everyone has the potential to have the same amount of smile on their face and good memories at the end of the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Relax... Razr doesn't follow this thread.
And who cares about what people think/say about adventure riding. For some, riding on a busy LA freeway may be an adventure as well.
I love my one and only bike as my big bike, small bike, adventure bike and trail bike. And I have fun with my big bike on any terrain. The rest is just an appurtenance...
yeah what he said ...........

Uhmm whats an appurtenance

Oh & Razr if your reading this

you still owe me 1 PBR

Sorry

PUI
9th 12 hour shift in a fuckin row 1 night left then 3 dayshifts Then 5 days off then 6 dayshifts then XMAS VAC another 6 off

airborndad screwed with this post 12-05-2011 at 11:29 AM
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM   #827
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post

Uhmm whats an appurtenance
I dont know either.
Direct translation from Turkish.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #828
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Talking

I agree . I know RAZR's a good guy and is just having fun in his own way.

I just don't want that stuff going unanswered/unchallenged. We bust balls on eachother all the time, which is part of the fun , but I think that kind of stuff bleeds a bit into hostility .

I might bust on Ersin now and then but we've ridden together, shared a campfire, helped eachother out, etc... RAZR and I don't have that kind of bromance yet (but I'm optimistic ) so it can easily be perceived as hostile.

I'm not Joe Blow from Nebraska either; we all ride together and should try to be sure the the ball busting is all in good fun.

There's also a lot of other GS/GSA riders our there who get intimidated and don't want to be the next target of ridicule. They end up not venturing past Starbucks and never realize all the fun they could be having. It's like when I moved to CA in '86 and started surfing. I few swings taken here and there, a few lessons learned and suddenly we're taking surf trips down to Mexico together. I'm still a kook too, bt dubs.

My panties are out of my ass now.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #829
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:

I just don't want that stuff going unanswered/unchallenged. We bust balls on eachother all the time, which is part of the fun , but I think that kind of stuff bleeds a bit into hostility .

I might bust on Ersin now and then but we've ridden together, shared a campfire, helped eachother out, etc... RAZR and I don't have that kind of bromance yet (but I'm optimistic ) so it can easily be perceived as hostile.

I'm not Joe Blow from Nebraska either; we all ride together and should try to be sure the the ball busting is all in good fun.

There's also a lot of other GS/GSA riders our there who get intimidated and don't want to be the next target of ridicule. They end up not venturing past Starbucks and never realize all the fun they could be having. It's like when I moved to CA in '86 and started surfing. I few swings taken here and there, a few lessons learned and suddenly we're taking surf trips down to Mexico together. I'm still a kook too, bt dubs.

I am not planning to get intimate with Razr, too, unless he changes his avatar...
I am scared, seriously...

I am serious about the scaring part.

As a matter of fact, I am planning to talk to Luv2Race about that...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #830
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

see you on the 8th
Old 12-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #831
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I am not planning to get intimate with Razr, too, unless he changes his avatar...
I am scared, seriously...

I am serious about the scaring part.

As a matter of fact, I am planning to talk to Luv2Race about that...
Hope you have a comfortable seat and a good proctologist
Old 12-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #832
M1Jeep
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,908
Ersin, count me IN!

Good times fellas!
M1Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #833
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,228
Quote:
BTW, I hope to see all of you guys on that weekend. fmfpunk, francisthepig, The Rider, Strangebone, 2old2race, DannyG, Lior, Ami, Razr, Luv2Race, Fishyhead, JohnGil, windrat, Scorpion, jamin_mathins, CaliCarl, Katty, Lonestar2112, Erwin8r, KLRRob, DSM8, El Zorillo, pcvance, Orange Beast, Riddler990, rruugger, traveltoad, Klammer, spafxer, novos, JonF, BiggieFalls, and of course h8chain, and fudgypup and Tex :(... Damn there are so many of us. :) I am sure I am missing some names.
But your beers are not on me...

glad ersin to see you stepping up in organizing a ride. this sounds a good one; love to ride with matt too.

i'm not sure if i can make it since there are a few who are already committed to do the 14-15th carrizo big bke ride. i can't do 3 consecutive weekends. there's a group that is planning a new year's camping too, nothing official yet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...53&postcount=8
NSFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #834
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
I have taken the cr250 out a few times. The L still is not running. Am the worst shade tree mechanic.
I am in the same boat. I broke a bolt off in the head and I have not spent the time to get it out. 30 minutes and I would be done and could finish getting the bike ready......

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #835
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Jeep View Post
Ersin, count me IN!

Good times fellas!
Alright. We need Sito and dirtdadx to complete the original crew. Only Ben cant make it so far.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-05-2011, 01:35 PM   #836
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
I can't go. I'll be in San Diego w/my son staying on the USS Midway with the rest of the "Native Sons" group (formerly Indian Guides). The YMCA went PC on us and wanted to cleanse out the entire native American theme so we said no thanks and affiliated with the Native Sons (& daughters). If you have kids k-4 it's a great way to build memories and get one-on-one time with them.

fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #837
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h8chains View Post
glad ersin to see you stepping up in organizing a ride. this sounds a good one; love to ride with matt too.

i'm not sure if i can make it since there are a few who are already committed to do the 14-15th carrizo big bke ride. i can't do 3 consecutive weekends. there's a group that is planning a new year's camping too, nothing official yet.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...53&postcount=8
Once again, it is gonna be my 1st Anniversary on off-road. When I step into my 2nd year, I'll be organizing more rides hopefully.
Hope you can make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar2112 View Post
I am in the same boat. I broke a bolt off in the head and I have not spent the time to get it out. 30 minutes and I would be done and could finish getting the bike ready......
Bob, you still didnt fix your license plate???

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #838
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Hope you have a comfortable seat and a good proctologist
I dont go there...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 12-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #839
Lonestar2112
scatology expert

Oddometer: 6,872
Quote:
Relax... Razr doesn't follow this threat.
And who cares about what people think/say about adventure riding. For some, riding on a busy LA freeway may be an adventure as well.
I love my one and only bike as my big bike, small bike, adventure bike and trail bike. And I have fun with my big bike on any terrain. The rest is just an appurtenance...
I have disagreed with RAZR before. An adventure ride is what YOU want it be. I am going to AK this summer, all asphalt and gravel roads. I will be mostly camping but some I will be in motels. For me this is an adventure of a life time. If it doesn't meet others definition of adventure F' them.

Eric, you ride the ride you want to ride. If it is an adventure for you EXCELLENT. We are both the type of guys to wave at fellow bikers regardless of what they ride. The only important thing is that we ride.

Ersin, my calendar is iffy for the 8th. If I can I will crash your ride. If the L is up I will try it. If not I will look at the GS and do the easy way.

Wypierdalaj ty chuju jebany
F*CK CANCER
Lonestar2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 PM   #840
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
I can't go. I'll be in San Diego w/my son staying on the USS Midway with the rest of the "Native Sons" group (formerly Indian Guides). The YMCA went PC on us and wanted to cleanse out the entire native American theme so we said no thanks and affiliated with the Native Sons (& daughters). If you have kids k-4 it's a great way to build memories and get one-on-one time with them.

Sounds like fun. I have always wanted to have a son. You are a lucky man...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube