ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #1291
2old2race
I wana ride

Oddometer: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmybikemodelname View Post
If we can find who dumped those pups, let's take off all of their clothes, and then leave them in the wild when a winter storm is coming with no food and no water. Let's also be sure to bind their hands and feet and smear some fresh rabbit blood on them so the coyotes, cougars and bobcats know where to find them.

Nice job guys.

Bob
'08 KLR650
'07 Tiger 1050 - Gone
'98 XR440 - Getting a frame up rebuild
'89 XR250 - Needs a Lic Plate
2old2race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #1292
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,003
Stupid onions. Good job guys. Post up the shelter ill like to send them a few bucks to feed the ADV dogs.
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #1293
speedygee68
dirt eater

Oddometer: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidewayes View Post
stepen up to a big bike
SLIDEWAYS: After doing the Bishop unride last August with a certain Father/Son team, I thought it was the coolest thing to go ride with your own kid on a dual sport. Been wanting to do it ever since, but had to wait for the turd to get his M1 permit. Then the 990S deal kinda fell into my lap which allowed me to let jr. 'borrow' the Husky. I figured I better have fun with my boy now before he's off to college next year. Hope to ride with you and yer boy sometime soon.

Rider914: you are the MAN! There should be more people like you in this world

and to Team Rider 914: Don't know you guys but you are on my Cool People list too. Thanks for doing whatcha done did.

08 KTM 990S, 08 Husky TE610,
speedygee68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #1294
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Glen
Marty
Matt

Awesome job
THANK YOU!!!!!!
same here. good deed and a great example to the community.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #1295
bigtodd
Hi, wanna ride?

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by airborndad View Post
Glen
Marty
Matt

Awesome job
THANK YOU!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1 View Post
Stupid onions. Good job guys. Post up the shelter ill like to send them a few bucks to feed the ADV dogs.
WOW! Awesome story and effort put forth. Sounds like you guys just earned yourselves a new team nick name.

ADV dogs

SPOT - bigtodd - where I at now?
bigtodd.whereamiriding.com
bigtodd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #1296
Cannabinoid
Banned

Oddometer: 739
this message self-destroyed...

Cannabinoid screwed with this post 01-01-2014 at 10:12 AM
Cannabinoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 PM   #1297
browneye
PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer: 5,058
So glad to hear that worked out Matt. Great job!!
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #1298
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Feeling extra good about getting those pups to shelter that day since it's surely snowing there as we speak and I'm sure survival in their skinny condition would be impossible. I gotta say, as much as I wanted to help those pups, I was really at a point of leaving them due to my one handed, noob riding skills being...well...not being. But Matt was committed and I could tell that he was really feeling attached to his black-n-browny. Angels were watching over those little pups and us that day because we all had an awesome day of riding and the FIRST guy I ran into on the road with this pup in my jacket happened to be the answer to our prayers. Freakin' miracle I tell ya!

I'll admit, I've been thinking about that little brown pup for two days and I'm thinking about going back and adopting her. Just seemed like I was avoiding fate in letting her go to the shelter. I'd even already given her a name - "Desi"- despite my better judgement. She was a really pretty and healthy pup with lots of positive energy even after days of hunger and thirst - and she loved riding the moto (except the motor starting part). I've been telling my son for months that if he wants a dog he should find one, not buy one. And here I found one in a magical place, doing something I love to do and I just let her go.

If anyone finds the shelter that has them, I'd sure like to know where they are.

Thanks Matt for leading another great ride and us to do the right thing by those pups. If nothing else, I'm sure great pups like those will attract responsible masters and they'll end up in great homes. Something tells me those little guys are lucky-pups.

Glen

13 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:57 AM   #1299
FYYFF
Forever young...

Oddometer: 1,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by r'elise me View Post
Feeling extra good about getting those pups to shelter that day since it's surely snowing there as we speak and I'm sure survival in their skinny condition would be impossible. I gotta say, as much as I wanted to help those pups, I was really at a point of leaving them due to my one handed, noob riding skills being...well...not being. But Matt was committed and I could tell that he was really feeling attached to his black-n-browny. Angels were watching over those little pups and us that day because we all had an awesome day of riding and the FIRST guy I ran into on the road with this pup in my jacket happened to be the answer to our prayers. Freakin' miracle I tell ya!

I'll admit, I've been thinking about that little brown pup for two days and I'm thinking about going back and adopting her. Just seemed like I was avoiding fate in letting her go to the shelter. I'd even already given her a name - "Desi"- despite my better judgement. She was a really pretty and healthy pup with lots of positive energy even after days of hunger and thirst - and she loved riding the moto (except the motor starting part). I've been telling my son for months that if he wants a dog he should find one, not buy one. And here I found one in a magical place, doing something I love to do and I just let her go.

If anyone finds the shelter that has them, I'd sure like to know where they are.

Thanks Matt for leading another great ride and us to do the right thing by those pups. If nothing else, I'm sure great pups like those will attract responsible masters and they'll end up in great homes. Something tells me those little guys are lucky-pups.

Glen

Glen,

I was showing the ride report and pictures to my GF and daughter last night and they fall in love with puppies as well. We are planning to get a puppy soon and they were nagging me they wish they can get one of those cuties... I told them, if you let me go ride next weekend, maybe I can find one for you girls...

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
FYYFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:05 PM   #1300
canpile
Trail User

Oddometer: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Glen,

I was showing the ride report and pictures to my GF and daughter last night and they fall in love with puppies as well. We are planning to get a puppy soon and they were nagging me they wish they can get one of those cuties... I told them, if you let me go ride next weekend, maybe I can find one for you girls...
I just took 3 of the cutest bullmastiff mix pups to Helping Paws in Apple Valley last week. On December 23 I rescued a whole family of dogs from the desert, starving mom and dad dogs w/6 newborns. I fostered them for the past 8 weeks and found homes for 3 of the 6 pups. My neighbors took both parents . If you're interested, contact them @ (760) 694-7192.
canpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 PM   #1301
Off Limits
Thread killer

Oddometer: 3,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYYFF View Post
Glen,

congratulations on your daughter!
Old 02-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #1302
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Longriders View Post
congratulations on your daughter!
Thanks Shan

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 02-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #1303
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by canpile View Post
I just took 3 of the cutest bullmastiff mix pups to Helping Paws in Apple Valley last week. On December 23 I rescued a whole family of dogs from the desert, starving mom and dad dogs w/6 newborns. I fostered them for the past 8 weeks and found homes for 3 of the 6 pups. My neighbors took both parents . If you're interested, contact them @ (760) 694-7192.
I got the number. Thanks.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube
Old 02-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #1304
r'elise me
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Ersin i was going to contact you to see if you were riding out to the death Valley noob rally so if you are let me know I'd love to join you. Which of my bikes would you bring? List below! If there some good fun hard trails I like to try those with one of the smaller bikes. Of course if I'm going to ride all the way out there I'll take the 690 or the GS

13 year old boy - baddest-ass toy I've ever had
r'elise me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #1305
FYYFF
Forever young...

Quote:
Originally Posted by r'elise me View Post
Ersin i was going to contact you to see if you were riding out to the death Valley noob rally so if you are let me know I'd love to join you. Which of my bikes would you bring? List below! If there some good fun hard trails I like to try those with one of the smaller bikes. Of course if I'm going to ride all the way out there I'll take the 690 or the GS
Glen,

Just take your small bike. This is your first time in DV so it is much easier to be on a smaller bike. Once you see and understand the terrain, you can come back with your bigger bikes. There is at least 3-4 big rides to DV every year. You can catch any one of them when you are ready to go.

My Smugmug
Follow me with SPOT
My YouTube