ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
caudebec43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Longmont as well and new to DS

Yo I am in longmont as well and just picked up a KTM. I am still bonding with the beast but would love to get out for some rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
I have been riding two wheeled vehicles since I was in diapers and added motors about 10 years ago with a Shadow and then a Connie that recently sold to get my 00 KLR, which I love. I am in Longmont and new DS and am always looking for folks to ride with.
caudebec43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:21 AM   #17
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by caudebec43 View Post
Yo I am in longmont as well and just picked up a KTM. I am still bonding with the beast but would love to get out for some rides.
Great, I will send you a PM with my contact info.
Asatrur
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #18
bob_dobbs
born again noob

Oddometer: 11
Wicked new to the forum

Wyoming here, carbon county I am back on two wheels finally after to long off of them. In no rush to go any where when I am riding.

Not much else to say then hi.
bob_dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
neo1piv014
ADV in training

Oddometer: 619
Hey! My name's Isaac, and I'm from Albuquerque, NM. After a year and a half of riding street bikes, I decided to get into dual sporting. I'm riding a 2001 Suzuki DR650SE, and I'm always on the lookout for weekend riding buddies.
"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
neo1piv014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
ColoradoSGM
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Greetings from Colorado Springs

Hello all... Started riding cruisers a few years back and finally made the leap to a more adventure type ride.

2005 Victory 8-Ball
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
ColoradoSGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #21
NativeSon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,761
hey, I'm Matt. I'm moving to Frisco, and ride an R1150R. Someday soon there will be a DS in the garage too.
NativeSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
Slideways#96
scooter trash

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo1piv014 View Post
Hey! My name's Isaac, and I'm from Albuquerque, NM. After a year and a half of riding street bikes, I decided to get into dual sporting. I'm riding a 2001 Suzuki DR650SE, and I'm always on the lookout for weekend riding buddies.
Check out the Rockies section for NM inmates and rides. Also check out NMdualsport.org as well as NMOHVA. Lot's of rides and riders around here. I'm usually out every weekend so feel free to pm me and I can show you some riding around Santa Fe. Note there's a great group ride coming up in October in T or C. It's referred to as the Rubber Chicken Ride.
Slideways#96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #23
MurphCO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
My name is Murph, and I live in Colorado thus MurphCO

I currently reside in both Pueblo West and Denver, but will be transitioning to Denver full time in June. I ride a Yamaha Super Tenere, just sold my Victory Hammer about a month ago. This is my first ADV bike, and I am completely in love....

I also post under the same name at the supertenere forum

If you commute between Denver and the Springs, I'll likely see you on either I-25 or 83 any given weekday, forgive me for passing you so fast, it's an addiction.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
neo1piv014
ADV in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideways#96 View Post
Check out the Rockies section for NM inmates and rides. Also check out NMdualsport.org as well as NMOHVA. Lot's of rides and riders around here. I'm usually out every weekend so feel free to pm me and I can show you some riding around Santa Fe. Note there's a great group ride coming up in October in T or C. It's referred to as the Rubber Chicken Ride.
Awesome! I'll check out the sites you mentioned, and once my family lets me duck out for a few hours, I'll hit you up.
"The impossible often has a kind of integrity which the merely improbable lacks."
Old 05-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #25
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 609
Hi everyone, I'm Pat. I recently transferred from WV to Socorro, NM. If anyone knows any good local riding spots and wants a noob sand rider to laugh at, hit me up.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:37 AM   #26
neo1piv014
ADV in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomo View Post
Hi everyone, I'm Pat. I recently transferred from WV to Socorro, NM. If anyone knows any good local riding spots and wants a noob sand rider to laugh at, hit me up.
You going to NMT down there, or just get stuck in Socorro for a while?
Old 05-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
Pomo
gonzo

Oddometer: 609
I'm working at NRAO. I worked at the office in West Virginia and decided to move down here for a change of scenery.

"It's supposed to be a challenge, that's why they call it a shortcut. If it was easy it would just be the way." ~ Rubin, Road Trip

Pomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #28
neo1piv014
ADV in training

NRAO is a nice gig. I have more than a couple friends who did their time there as interns while going to NMT.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
Roll Cage
Shippin' Up

Oddometer: 39
Cool2 Howdy

Hola amigos,

My name is Alex, and although I am new to this forum, I have been a longtime lurker here at ADVrider. Started out riding in the dirt in 2008, and hoping to now combine my love of camping and exploring with my love of riding. Just picked up a near cherry 2005 KTM 525 EXC, which I'm now outfitting to be a more dirt oriented dual sport. If all goes well, I'll be doing the CDT at the end of this summer on it with my dad and a few friends.

I'm currently a full time student down at New Mexico Tech, studying Materials Engineering. I'll be a senior in the fall. Because of this, I split most of my time between Albuquerque and Socorro and ride when I'm not doing school work [Or should be doing school work, as the case may be... ]

Glad to meet y'all, and am happy to now officially be part of the family
Roll Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #30
RollRocker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Hello,
Long time motorcycle rider and racer, and I've owned many over the years. My father and uncle had bikes as long as far back as I remember. I do hydraulic maintenance for a well known equipment company.

I'm originally from Wichita, Kansas but haven't lived there since high school. Moved to Colorado from Utah where I worked on mining equipment.
RollRocker is offline   Reply With Quote