ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #31
Dokkaebi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Hey everybody,

Just moved up to Northern CO in Jan from AZ, been a blast so far trying a ton of new things out. Been lurking around doing my research, soon to be new rider eager to have new toys to tinker around and play with. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Dokkaebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM   #32
Raddroy
n00b

Oddometer: 5
New to Adventure Rider

Greetings all ! New to Adventure rider. Grew up in Utah riding dirt bikes and motocross. Discovered adventure riding in 2001. Bought a R1150GS. Now own a R1200 GSA. Love riding through the back roads/trails of Utah. Recently did the Pony Express trail....very cool ride.
Raddroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #33
2fastlx
Adventurer

Oddometer: 83
Hey guys. Wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I live in the north Denver area. I am currently riding an 03 KLR and an 05 DL 1000. I spend a good amount of my time exploring Colorado and take the occasional ride through Wyoming and Nebraska.
2fastlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #34
skydawg
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
New in Castle Rock / Larkspur Area

New inmate here in Larkspur with a KLR650 & ZG1000 Concours. Lots of experience and looking to find some locals for some day rides, especially during weekdays. Dirt, street, both...don't matter, just looking for excuses to ride either bike & meet some like-minded locals. Drop me a line via PM. Jay
skydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 AM   #35
travelingman32
n00b

Oddometer: 7

Well, hello all. Just bought an '01 F650 Dakar and looking forward to getting to know you all.
travelingman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #36
Jeem
n00b

Hey everyone, my name is Jim... I live in broomfield and ride an 07 klr650. I'm a vw/Audi tech and a tinkerer/builder. I'm new to motorcycles, but not two wheels and handlebars. I raced bmx as a kid, I've dabbled in trials, downhill, xc on downhill bikes, single speeds, all of those together...etc...

I've done almost 2500 miles in the 2 months I've had my KLR, so I'm pretty much hooked.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting some other local riders.
Jeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
mixedsignal
n00b

Mixedsignal's Introduction

Hi All,

My name is Ron. I'd like to introduce myself to this group. I'm looking for opportunities to participate in moderate (and slightly harder) rides so I can continue to get experience in DS riding. I have a R1200GS that I took off road only once but I picked up my KLR650 back in May to have something a little lighter to ride. I have been on some rides posted on the KLR650.net forum that were arranged by MrHoneySir, who is a great guy to ride with. I am good friends with Bullwer and we have been on a few trails so far and many road rides before DS. I have learned a lot but need to keep learning so I can do the slightly harder trails. I'll be asking about some of the rides and activities and look for opportunities to meet up with you guys.
mixedsignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #38
Myfuture_yourdebt
Banned

Oddometer: 372
New to ADVRider, not new to riding....I have a KLR650 I've put 28k miles on in 4 years as well as a plated WR450f I've ridden for 2 seasons.
I work, go to school, and live in Denver.
I'm 23 y/o meaning I probably won't get along with a lot of you old men because I can actually pick up my KLR by myself . Now your daughters I'd probably get along with...
Myfuture_yourdebt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:37 AM   #39
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay_The_Trail View Post
New to ADVRider, not new to riding....I have a KLR650 I've put 28k miles on in 4 years as well as a plated WR450f I've ridden for 2 seasons.
I work, go to school, and live in Denver.
I'm 23 y/o meaning I probably won't get along with a lot of you old men because I can actually pick up my KLR by myself . Now your daughters I'd probably get along with...
Careful there, bud...I'm a nearly 50 yr old broad (feel free to take that literally) and I can pick up my KLR...more than once even (thank goodness). Don't you know KLRs are chick bikes?

Welcome to the Rockies! Lots of good folks in the Denver area.
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:23 PM   #40
ironbrewer
Hopefully Riding

Oddometer: 4,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieRider View Post
Careful there, bud...I'm a nearly 50 yr old broad (feel free to take that literally) and I can pick up my KLR...more than once even (thank goodness). Don't you know KLRs are chick bikes?

Welcome to the Rockies! Lots of good folks in the Denver area.
I know I never had to pick my KLR up. I got rid of mine and bought a chicks bike. My WR250r is definately a chicks bike.

Pat Paulsen
ironbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #41
AimlessAmy
n00b

New to ADV

Hi everyone! I'm not new to Colorado, I am new to DS. I have a Triumph Tiger and love it, although haven't gotten her very dirty yet... All of my friends ride cruisers so I'd love to make some new friends who aren't afraid of rougher terrain!
AimlessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #42
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,901
Hi!
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #43
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by AimlessAmy View Post
Hi everyone! I'm not new to Colorado, I am new to DS. I have a Triumph Tiger and love it, although haven't gotten her very dirty yet... All of my friends ride cruisers so I'd love to make some new friends who aren't afraid of rougher terrain!
Hiya Amy -

There's a fair number of lady DS riders along the front range. I'm up in Ft. C. Welcome to the Rockies and just stay tuned into the forum for rides. Somebody usually has something happening.

Paula
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:35 PM   #44
AimlessAmy
n00b

Thanks, Paula! I look forward to it!
AimlessAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:38 PM   #45
Joetool
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Hey all. Hello, Just got a KLR650 (2011).At 43 just got my First bike ever. I live above Boulder, so trails galore. After my MSF class, I need to armor it up for my inevitable drops...
Stoked to drop into some remote fly fishing areas after I get proficient.

Joe
Joetool is offline   Reply With Quote