ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #61
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367

Geolander screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 10:06 PM
Geolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
SportFaller
Dirt dont hurt, MUCH

Oddometer: 666
Hey Geolander, howdy from a fellow forester! How are things in CO?
SportFaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
Jayrod1318
Poster

Oddometer: 1,544
The infamous geolander of JM fame.

Glad you moved on from that other forum.

You got dog piled pretty hard last week, I thought your response to the nonsense was great.

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:48 PM   #64
balto68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Hello Rocky Mountains!

I'm 25, Colorado raised and recently moved back after school in Texas. I grew up in the Denver metro area and now live in beautiful Grand Junction. I'm new to riding (about to take the basic class), and I decided to ride because I think it's gonna be a great way to explore my new home. Driving through the mountains in my Subaru just doesn't cut it, plus the gas mileage on an old Outback can't compare with a motorcycle.

Anyways, just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. Still no motorcycle, practically no experience. But I'm already learning, and the weather is starting to get nice (aside from the occasional April snow dump). So I can't wait to get started riding. Hopefully before too long I'll have something meaningful to contribute!
balto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:41 PM   #65
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,326
Hi all,

I'm Dominic from Ft Carson, 25yo.. Just picked up my new '12 Sertao today from BMW of Denver. Kind of a new rider but better late than never.

The bike:

DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #66
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFaller View Post
Hey Geolander, howdy from a fellow forester! How are things in CO?
Well, we're slowly catching back up with rainfall here. The woods look like they might be in salvageable shape this season. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

We had an early fire up north in FoCo that had a bunch of us worried for the season but Colorado has her way of working things out. She knows what she wants, and is a fickle beast without regard for the adventurers who love her so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrod1318 View Post
The infamous geolander of JM fame.

Glad you moved on from that other forum.

You got dog piled pretty hard last week, I thought your response to the nonsense was great.

Welcome aboard!
That shit was a riot. I laughed my ass off. Definitely dig the mood 'round here.

Someone needs to light a fire under my ass to finish my WR's wiring and go get it titled.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #67
Geolander
Gnarly Adventurer

Geolander screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 10:07 PM
Old 05-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #68
MattinCO
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Matt and I'm in the market for a used dirt bike for trail riding. Currently thinking a used Yamaha WR250F, maybe 2007+, but am considering the earlier ones. Already bought boots, helmet, knee pads, pressure suit, pants and a jersey, figured I'd get all the safety stuff out of the way before getting a bike

I'm very new to motorcycling, looking to go further, faster, and easier than I can on my mountain bike, have always been jealous of the motorcycles on Sovereign and Slickrock while I'm pedaling. I do mountain bike alot, and am very curious see what bike handling skills transfer over to a dirt bike.

Plan to get the bike plated (if it isn't already) to link trails together, but don't plan to do much road riding.

Lots of good info on this site and many of the planned rides look great and I hope to participate once I get more dirt experience.
MattinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:39 PM   #69
Gunnison
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
I am new to the ad rider forum, but not new to adv riding. I ride a 09 kLR aim on the KLR forums, thought I would spread my wings try the adv forums too.
Gunnison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:23 PM   #70
WheelSick
Nooo0000b

Oddometer: 5
Greetings from N Colorado

Hello fellow Rocky Mountain people,
My name is Rick. Live in Berthoud Co.
Glad to have stumbled on this forum. Great read for sure !!

I am an X vet class a Moto / Enduro guy gone MTB racer for the past 7 years, never really got out of Moto, just Haven't raced or ridden consistently for the past 7 years :/

The fun is back, really looking forward to rides and events on my newly acquired 990 adv Baja.

Currently ride Enduro (KTM300Xc) trials (TXT 300pro) and good friends and long rides on the 990.

Let me know if you want to explore, 2 of my buddies recently bought ADV bikes as well.

IPHONE TYPING. SO SORRY :)

WheelSick screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 07:50 PM
WheelSick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #71
CO_james
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Hey

James here. I live in Lakewood,CO and recently bought an 08' KLR650. I've been looking around here for a couple weeks and it seems like a good place for info and some entertainment.

CO_james screwed with this post 06-26-2013 at 06:15 PM
CO_james is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #72
earlster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
New rider in the Boulder/Louisville area

I'm Alex. New to this forum and new to dual sport riding, but an old or better middle aged hog when it comes to motorcycles. I recently traded in my trusty old Bandit 1200 for a V-Strom 650 and am loving riding here in the mountains and off the slab. As a family man I don't have tons of time for all weekend rides, but am looking to meet some friends for riding lots of half and full day trips.
Just finished my first 1k miles on the new bike and looking for many more miles.
earlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #73
MotoBaker
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi internet moto people, I'm new.

I bought a '13 Tiger 800 a few months ago after moving back to CO after a 10 year tour of both coasts. This is my first dual sport, I had an '02 SVs650 in Seattle and LA, I am quickly learning I like the Tiger much, much more.

Anyway, I signed up here to find more riding buddies, so hi!
MotoBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:23 AM   #74
CoPhotog
Seeker

Oddometer: 7
Happy to be here

This forum has been a great help so far, so I wanted to introduce myself and start participating.

I'm a retired Naval Aviator, working and living in the Colorado Springs, CO area. Among many different pursuits, two of my passions are Photography and Riding.

I've been riding for over 30 years, mostly street, mostly big bikes (Honda GL1200/Gl1800). I've been interested in ADV riding for a while and recently decided to jump in.

I recently bought a used '11 Triumph Tiger 800XC. I'm having fun learning to ride it off road (lots of fun on road!) and getting it outfitted for some trips into the mountains.

http://kalinwilson.photoshelter.com/...0001GuhNOqXtGI

Thanks to all the inmates for their help and advise so far!

Kalin
The Nature Photography Gallery
Lookin' forward to the next ride...
CoPhotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #75
Kitteh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Hi,

I'm new. I'm in the Durango area. I just picked up a DRZ250 a week ago and am planning to ride a few of the area mountain passes with what is left of this season, then head to Utah & NM for some latest season rides.

I have been riding for a while, probably an intermediate?

Still need to do a little tweaking on the jetting on my bike. Pics are from the first little ride on the new bike up Kennebec.

- Michele
Kitteh is offline   Reply With Quote