ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #91
Whitehall
Easy Does It

Oddometer: 9
Boulder FNG

I've been lurking around here for months. I'm 41 and live in Boulder, CO. Overall noob, some previous street experience. I ride a g650gs and a wr250r.

I'd like to meet some folks to ride with. Really looking forward to this summer! I'll be out most weekends and some after work M-F too. I've lived here a while and know the area pretty well from mtn biking and 4wheeling.

@Ravenwood: we should hook up!

WH
Whitehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:01 PM   #92
Mad*Sparrow
NoMadic Wanderer

Oddometer: 180
Lander Wy

My F650GS is moving to Wyoming here soon to start a new job with me so I thought I would say hi. Oklahoma has been kind to me but the mountains aren't high enough. Is Ft Collins the place to service this Dakar or are there individuals close by that can keep me off the road?

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mad*Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:33 PM   #93
GOTTHEFEVER
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Kremmling

Hi, I am Shane. I recently moved to Kremmling and am riding a F800GS. I have been riding for over 15 years, but new to Adventure riding. I bought my bike last august and I am excited to get out and explore Colorado. I am wondering if there are any riders in my area that would want to ride. Like I said, I recently moved here and don't know anyone. I did however get to ride the trough road last weekend. What a great first ride!
Attached Images

GOTTHEFEVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #94
clolflyer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
New Guy Here

Well - not so new to the dirt. Just new to the forum. I've been riding in the mountains of SW Colorado for 30 some years now. 62 years young and just celebtated the coming of Spring with a new scoot. It flicks around like a 250 and 'no mo jetting wars'. Didn't know it was sooooo muddy that day (what a way to break in a new bike....)
So Hello to everyone and I hope we meet on the trails. I'm partial to the old mining trails/roads between Sliverton, Ouray and Telluride. Nothing short of spectacular!
Attached Images

clolflyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:35 PM   #95
RagnarDanneskjold
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Hey guys, just found the regional subforum. New to adventure riding -- just bought my first dualsport, a 2014 KLR650 NE. Pretty new to Colorado as well, only been here a year and a half or so.
RagnarDanneskjold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #96
Asatrur
Newbie KLR adv rider

Oddometer: 1,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnarDanneskjold View Post
Hey guys, just found the regional subforum. New to adventure riding -- just bought my first dualsport, a 2014 KLR650 NE. Pretty new to Colorado as well, only been here a year and a half or so.
Hail Ragnar! Nice KLR, where are you located?
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...Op8LhphYfeBJ9I
Asatrur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #97
RagnarDanneskjold
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asatrur View Post
Hail Ragnar! Nice KLR, where are you located?
Hails!

I'm in Westminster, but I travel all around this great state of ours to hike, climb, camp, and generally be outdoors.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #98
HanzoSteel
n00bish

Oddometer: 712
Quote:

Welcome to ADV, you may want to attend SgtMarty's tech day and meet other KLR riders.

Linky: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963185
Old 04-21-2014, 11:38 AM   #99
RagnarDanneskjold
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanzoSteel View Post
Welcome to ADV, you may want to attend SgtMarty's tech day and meet other KLR riders.

Linky: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963185
Damn, wish I could make it. I'll be on the western slope next weekend.
Old 04-21-2014, 06:26 PM   #100
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,232
Quote:
Originally Posted by clolflyer View Post
Well - not so new to the dirt. Just new to the forum. I've been riding in the mountains of SW Colorado for 30 some years now. 62 years young and just celebtated the coming of Spring with a new scoot. It flicks around like a 250 and 'no mo jetting wars'. Didn't know it was sooooo muddy that day (what a way to break in a new bike....)
So Hello to everyone and I hope we meet on the trails. I'm partial to the old mining trails/roads between Sliverton, Ouray and Telluride. Nothing short of spectacular!
welcome. I live over in Telluride and also love riding the whole area. Shoot me a PM when more melt has happened and we can hit some passes!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #101
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump

Oddometer: 1,238
Touring in May and July

Good day,

I'll be touring through WY, and later MT this spring and early summer.

Within my sig is my trip planning thread.

I actually feel good about my WY route draft, but after I leave Glacier Nati Park, and then back south toward Bozeman, I do not have any routes set up to get to N.D.

If anyone has any good ideas, please let me know on my thread found in the sig.

I know it's early notice to check in, but I figured I'd stop in and say hello.

Have a great spring.

Here's to Beartooth Highway being good to go in mid to late May.
The_Precious_Juice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:12 PM   #102
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump

RagnarDanneskjold

Nice KLR 2014 NE MC.

I'm glad you got the New Edition. Did you ride the older 2008-2013 KLR prior to this. I'm curious about how the new suspension is doing.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:38 PM   #103
RagnarDanneskjold
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Precious_Juice View Post
RagnarDanneskjold

Nice KLR 2014 NE MC.

I'm glad you got the New Edition. Did you ride the older 2008-2013 KLR prior to this. I'm curious about how the new suspension is doing.
I did not. After doing a lot of reading, it seemed like it was a good way to spend $100 extra (I actually got it for the non-NE price, so even better).

I'm so new to riding bikes like this that I'm not sure I would have been able to tell you a difference anyways. My only other bike was a Ninja 250, so this dualsport thing is new to me!
Old 04-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #104
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump

Nice bargain

Quote:
I did not. After doing a lot of reading, it seemed like it was a good way to spend $100 extra (I actually got it for the non-NE price, so even better).

I'm so new to riding bikes like this that I'm not sure I would have been able to tell you a difference anyways. My only other bike was a Ninja 250, so this dualsport thing is new to me!
Ok.

Thanks for the reply.

Ride safe.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 PM   #105
DrewC
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hello all, new to the board and honestly just trying to learn and research for a potential purchase. I'm 26, moved to Denver in August 2012 (from Houston, born and raised) and since moving here thought this would be the perfect place for a DS. It's summer now and I've seriously been contemplating it.

Little background - I went to supercross every year as a kid. I begged and begged for a dirtbike and never got one. My dad and grandfather had bikes (prior to my existence) and my mom wouldn't have it. However, somehow my older brother/dad convinced her that karting was a safer option, so at 9 years old I started competing in karts. Got fairly serious in that till I was about 16, and since then have just been toying with cars. Track days, NASA/SCCA events, ChumpCar/LeMons if anyone is familiar, etc.

Being away from my race team back in TX had me itching for a local track car for myself. I picked up an E30 BMW 325is and honestly after only owning it a short time am consider swapping for a DS to do more exploring and get some garage space back.

Apologies for the wall of text. Currently leaning towards a CRF250L although a local dealer has a new '13 WR250R at a discount. Currently trying to make up my mind on selling the bimmer and getting a bike and all that before registering for the MSC and going all in. I have never owned a bike but have toyed on friends' here and there years ago.

Questions, comments, advice?
DrewC is offline   Reply With Quote