Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 03:40 PM   #1831
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
Apply it around your anus, of course. But you only needs to do that when about to bring the bike in for service.
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #1832
ibgary
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Question thread subscriptions

How do I unsubscribe from a thread?
ibgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #1833
Pangia
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
How to unsubscribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
Near the top of this page in orange letters click on "control panel".
On left side of new page see a menu, towards the bottom of menu, click "subscriptions".
Hope that helps.

Pangia

2013 F800GS / Santa Fe to Cinnamon Pass Ride Report

Pangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:01 AM   #1834
Schai
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexBuck View Post

Without the FuzBlock I would have 5 extra wires piled onto my battery and none of that stuff would be switched . . . with my sad memory, I be sure to forget to turn something off and end up with a dead battery.
I have all of those connections, plus a little more, but only one extra wire on the battery (+). I pick up the +12v power from the battery terminal on the starter solenoid. Then I split off the switched power through a relay.

I need to have the power for my heated gear on the switched power. The heat controller sits on the tank bag and stays with the bike when I dismount. If it stayed on, it could drain the battery overnight,
Schai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #1835
Pete7874
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
Go to your 'Control Panel' where you'll see all your subscribed threads listed. Then click 'Unsubscribe' directly under the thread that you want to unsubscribe from.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:05 AM   #1836
ibgary
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Thanks.
ibgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #1837
acap650
acap650

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
Wouldn't bet on it. Have at least 3 friends/famely members who drained their battery because of heated gear. Stay on the safe side and and run it trough one of these switched power outlets.
Not sure how one can walk away from the parked bike with the heated gear cable plugged in.
acap650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:47 PM   #1838
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
I recently busted the front brake reservoir on my 2013 F800gs. Dealer wants 365 bucks to have the whole brake assembly shipped in. Ebay wants 13 bucks for a Chinese replacement. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. (Just the plastic cup is broke everything else is still in tact)
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #1839
Reaver
Outta Here

Oddometer: 2,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanhXeo View Post
I recently busted the front brake reservoir on my 2013 F800gs. Dealer wants 365 bucks to have the whole brake assembly shipped in. Ebay wants 13 bucks for a Chinese replacement. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. (Just the plastic cup is broke everything else is still in tact)

Sooooooo your TT front reservoir guard is still in the mail? If you spend another G for protection, it would save you the $13.

Did you notice if the res has changed for '13 as there's an older model used unit on Ebay also.

Sorry, don't know about your Chinese one specifically.

Edit: I know they did away with the bobble head design but I think the res is the same. There's a thread about converting it somewhere.

Leaving it all behind 2014

Reaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #1840
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,673
Quote:
With that much difference, I'd chance the China replacement. How bad can they mess up the plastic....???? I guess it still has to fit.... LOL.

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #1841
BanhXeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
Sooooooo your TT front reservoir guard is still in the mail? If you spend another G for protection, it would save you the $13.

Did you notice if the res has changed for '13 as there's an older model used unit on Ebay also.

Sorry, don't know about your Chinese one specifically.

Edit: I know they did away with the bobble head design but I think the res is the same. There's a thread about converting it somewhere.
Its funny you mention the TT res guard. The cup would still be full of oil had the TT guard not peeled back like a tin can and puncture the reservoir...ill post a pic when im home from work
This is my WIFE, here are my BIKES, and these are my STORIES: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897188
BanhXeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #1842
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Its funny you mention the TT res guard. The cup would still be full of oil had the TT guard not peeled back like a tin can and puncture the reservoir...ill post a pic when im home from work
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww crap...........

Here's one option for new res. and bobble-ectomy:

http://f800depot.com/f650gs-08-items.html?cat=146
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:02 AM   #1843
wyobohunter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
New Owners - Stupid Questions Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayner View Post
They're even fine on loose gravel. They won't work well enough for you in sand, mud, tall wet grass, or any other surface that requires the tires to "bite in" rather than use friction from the bike's weight to gain traction.
Exactly - if you want a 50/50 tire get the Conti TKC 80's or similar. I did climb some pretty good OR hills with my Scorpion Trails but the surface was dry hard packed dirt and slabs of sandstone. If it was loose, sandy or muddy I wouldn't have made it up. Also, don't forget to turn off the ABS and ASC! Ask me how I know...
wyobohunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #1844
marty_uiuc
moran

Oddometer: 266
what sort of fuel mileage are folks with the 700 getting?

the wife recently picked a f700gs up for commuting, about 15 miles each way of mostly interstate riding. the bike is getting 41mpg. the bike has a givi v46 top box, which may or may not be affecting drag. she does not ride the piss out of it, and basically gets up to about 75mph and stays there unless there is traffic.

while the fuel mileage is not terrible, we were sort of under the impression these bikes return fuel mileage north of 50mpg. is this normal, or could there be something amiss with the fuel injection? she reports no surging or strange engine behavior, and the few times i've ridden i've actually felt like the fueling was substantially smoother than my multi.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #1845
Hucker
Lost

Oddometer: 672
This seems low to me. My wife's 2012 gets 58-64 mpg. My F800GS gets 43 mpg when I'm beating the snot out of it.
Hucker is offline   Reply With Quote