Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 06:31 AM   #991
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Sorry about that, its an 800. I updated my post to include that. I have been meaning to check the steering head bearings this winter! I can easily check the tightness soon. Thanks!

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #992
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Any word on whether or not the 2013 software can be flashed to 2012 or older F800GS to help out with the throttle snatch? Thanks!

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 12-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #993
Loutre
Cosmopolitan Adv

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
Any word on whether or not the 2013 software can be flashed to 2012 or older F800GS to help out with the throttle snatch? Thanks!
that are some interesting questions! someone would mind calling a real BMW dealer?

R1150GSA SE

Loutre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #994
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loutre View Post
that are some interesting questions! someone would mind calling a real BMW dealer?
Yeah, I tried Friday but didn't really get an answer...

Once Christmas is over I was going to call around to a few others. Didn't know if anyone happened to know off the top of their head. Merry Christmas!

DSJ's Shenanigans
Old 12-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #995
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,401
Laugh

There is no flash for the F800 that lessens the snatch. The bikes are tuned lean to meet the emission standards. So... If the 2013 throttle is "snatchy" going backwards with a flash wont help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouthjacket View Post
Old 12-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #996
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighTechCoonass View Post
There is no flash for the F800 that lessens the snatch. The bikes are tuned lean to meet the emission standards. So... If the 2013 throttle is "snatchy" going backwards with a flash wont help.
A larger tooth in 1st will, though!
Endurodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:10 AM   #997
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Laugh

Power Controller, Booster Plug, or Accelerator (any resistor tuning device that "properly' drops the air box temperature) fixes the problem perfectly with out effecting fuel economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
A larger tooth in 1st will, though!

HighTechCoonass screwed with this post 12-24-2012 at 03:51 PM
HighTechCoonass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:09 PM   #998
HighFive OP
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
I used the $75 Accelerator plug-in, and yes, it solved the snatchy problem perfectly. But it did affect my fuel mileage. I'm only averaging about 48 mpg now, where I was getting about 55mpg stock. The bike runs so much better with the Accelerator, I don't mind the mpg loss..

Goes to reason that a richer fuel mixture equates to greater fuel consumption. So, I expected this occurrence. I don't no why claims are made to the contrary. Have you actually experienced something different than this on your F800?

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:38 AM   #999
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

My taller first gear has slightly INCREASED the mpg, has steadied first gear snatchiness and hasn't affected acceleration at all, really (not hat I've noticed, at any rate!). It appears to be the cheapest option, too?!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:15 AM   #1000
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
I used the $75 Accelerator plug-in, and yes, it solved the snatchy problem perfectly. But it did affect my fuel mileage. I'm only averaging about 48 mpg now, where I was getting about 55mpg stock. The bike runs so much better with the Accelerator, I don't mind the mpg loss..

Goes to reason that a richer fuel mixture equates to greater fuel consumption. So, I expected this occurrence. I don't no why claims are made to the contrary. Have you actually experienced something different than this on your F800?

HF
HF:
I have the IICE module and I'm not "organized" enough to have done any real MPG benchmarking,
but I would for-sure notice a 7 MPG drop, and that's not my experience. Maybe you have something else going on? Take the Accel module back out and see if mileage goes back up by 7mpg?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #1001
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,409
I lost 1 or 2 mpg with the Accelerator module (58 to 56). Mileage can vary greatly on the bike depending on where and how fast you ride it.

Sprockets!!! I got sprockets, 15 and 17 tooth. I used the 17 for a year. It does have an effect on high speed vibes. I did not notice much impact on fuel mileage.

It is adequate for most fire roads, but not the steep twisty type with 1st gear hair pins. I took it off and will save it for long freeway travel. It was the installation of the fuel module that made the use of a 17 tooth on most of the fire roads possible.

itsatdm screwed with this post 12-26-2012 at 10:01 AM
itsatdm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:49 AM   #1002
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurodude View Post
My taller first gear has slightly INCREASED the mpg, has steadied first gear snatchiness and hasn't affected acceleration at all, really (not hat I've noticed, at any rate!). It appears to be the cheapest option, too?!
Taller 1st gear? You mean front sprocket? Or you actually tore the gear box apart and installed a new gear? If so please pass the knowledge of this part on? Also did you run similar setups between the other gears?

I have done this on quite a few race bikes but in all my internet travels I have not seen anything for the F800 so far. It is not really that it has fixed snatchiness it is the derivation of the power being transferred over a broader spectrum. I can not believe that this is a cheaper option because of the work involved in just pulling the entire motor and dealing with seals, fluid, and the necessary knowledge just to do this. A fuel mapping ECU and a sprocket change would be easier, cheaper and more pliable to adapt to different configurations... More information please.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #1003
Endurodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry for the confusion! I meant sprocket. Not as exciting as you were hoping, sorry . . . .
Old 12-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #1004
runnin4melife
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 803
No worries! Sprockets are the simplest and cheapest too.
runnin4melife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:38 AM   #1005
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Talking

One thing I don't want a taller 1st gear... that makes to tougher on the tight rocky trails when riding out west.