Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #1501
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Cycle buy have it listed but not cheap at $482.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/husaberg/parts.htm
Thanks for the link. Always good to have an additional source. BUT, *ouch* that's a pricey part. It's cheaper to get a spare 70degree tank.
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #1502
fish433
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
I have the 70degree tank on my bike... but when I bought the bike ('11 FE570S, btw), the PO didn't have any of the stock parts that had been removed, so I don't have the original subframe assembly (part # 81203102000). ktm-parts.com can't seem to locate it by part number either.

Would anyone who has the 70degreeracing subframe tank be willing to part with their old subframe at a reasonable price? PM me if you are.
got one make me a offer sbigney@att.net
fish433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #1503
DeFens
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 496
Curious about cost difference

I just bought a 2011 FE 390, and will take delivery within the next couple of weeks (shipping from LA to my home near Seattle). As I've read more about the 'Bergs, I keep wondering why the FE450 costs several hundred more than the FE390 -- other than a longer connecting rod to shorten the stroke, aren't they the exact same bike? What's the 450 have that the 390 doesn't other than a few more horsepower? Or is it just market differentiation - a higher displacement bike costs more, even if the bike is identical to a smaller displacement one?
DeFens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #1504
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
T-town
Are you going to the Eureka springs dual sport ride this year?
Have you been to the Clayton ride?

On of my favorite trails is the INT from Billy Creek to the Talahina State park.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #1505
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFens View Post
I just bought a 2011 FE 390, and will take delivery within the next couple of weeks (shipping from LA to my home near Seattle). As I've read more about the 'Bergs, I keep wondering why the FE450 costs several hundred more than the FE390 -- other than a longer connecting rod to shorten the stroke, aren't they the exact same bike? What's the 450 have that the 390 doesn't other than a few more horsepower? Or is it just market differentiation - a higher displacement bike costs more, even if the bike is identical to a smaller displacement one?

That is a question for the ages. The 390s are not bringing the money in the used market either. They are sweet bikes. Probably the best all around bike that the blue line has to offer.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #1506
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFens View Post
Con-rod length has nothing to do with stroke length.

Stroke is determined by the distance from the centre of the crank to the centre of the big end and then doubling it. I believe that con-rod length can affect torque and dwell angle.

The price differential is down to marketing, a "bigger" bike should cost more.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #1507
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLeod View Post
Are you going to the Eureka springs dual sport ride this year?
Have you been to the Clayton ride?

On of my favorite trails is the INT from Billy Creek to the Talahina State park.
Negative on Eureka...I don't care much for organized crowded rides. I much prefer just winging it.

The Kiamichi Mtns around Talihina are my backyard playground. I'm a Platinum Frequent Flyer there. INT is good. K-trail is fun. If you like that stuff, Google the "Ouachita National Forest" and find all the additional ORV areas nearby. There's a lot more great riding in those hills. Looking forward to hitting all the spots on my 390 this winter (from a whole new perspective).

Yeah....done the Clayton thing too. And many of the Annual Winter Dualsport rides (nothing better than freezing temps for effective crowd control).

HF
Athena Big Bore Project
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #1508
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Thanks guys...been pulling the fuse and will continue to use that trick, or just ride everyday to keep the system charged.

NB, Thanks for the pics. Glad you got the brake light sorted. What were you doing under the hood of the Berg?
charge the bike? must be a 2011 thing. I've never charged my '09 and I don't ride but once or twice a month.

who knew charging was required? why wasn't I told?
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #1509
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by (sp?) View Post
charge the bike? must be a 2011 thing. I've never charged my '09 and I don't ride but once or twice a month.

who knew charging was required? why wasn't I told?
Just talking about trickle chargers...run one on every bike, and some other toys that I own.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #1510
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 200
I put a Can-am filter on my 2011 570 when I bought it new. Have about 1000 miles on it so far and not a lick of trouble other than the check ball in the gas cap. Was thinking about doing one of those throttle body filters but I think I am just going to stick with what I've got.

Quote:
Guys at Genuine Dirt Racer said the in-line filters were not working on the 570s. Restricted fuel flow too much was what they said. I don't know if that was the black or the gray filter, but I'll find out.

Anybody still using the Can Am in-line filter?
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one).. gone.. damit
05 Honda 650L.. gone
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #1511
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
Negative on Eureka...I don't care much for organized crowded rides. I much prefer just winging it.

The Kiamichi Mtns around Talihina are my backyard playground. I'm a Platinum Frequent Flyer there. INT is good. K-trail is fun. If you like that stuff, Google the "Ouachita National Forest" and find all the additional ORV areas nearby. There's a lot more great riding in those hills. Looking forward to hitting all the spots on my 390 this winter (from a whole new perspective).

Yeah....done the Clayton thing too. And many of the Annual Winter Dualsport rides (nothing better than freezing temps for effective crowd control).

HF
I can't wait to test the Husaberg out at both the INT and K-trail this coming year. Just had the boingers done!
I plan on riding the Whiterock enduro in March.

If you ever get a chance go looking for Double falls Reservoir near Wilberton. You go to Idabel and turn back north its a pretty nice road that has a few nice hill climbs. Take your fishing pole, I don't think many people get in there to fish.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #1512
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,332
short of the lights what is the differance between an fe and and fx?
Old 12-17-2011, 07:07 PM   #1513
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdrrally View Post
short of the lights what is the differance between an fe and and fx?
Depends on the year. Pre 2011 FEs had open cartridge forks. The 2011 FEs come with closed cartridge forks...big improvement over the open forks. 2011 FE tracks much better. All FEs come with a wr 6 speed tranny. 2011 FX has a cr 6 speed. Think the pre 11s had 5 speed (not sure). FX also has a 19" hoop on back vs the 18" on the FE. FX suspension is stiffer. Bout sums it up.

Both are great bikes.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:24 AM   #1514
tdrrally
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,332
thank you

looks like the fe is for me then
Old 12-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #1515
Wyobrew
Missed it by that mu

Oddometer: 459
Quote:
2011 FE tracks much better.

Both are great bikes.
I am not sure what makes you say the FE tracks better than the FX...

The info on the trans and forks is correct. I love my FX so far, but no complaints about the 570 either. I would assume finding and plating an FE would be easier, but the pricing on any leftover FX models made the choice easy. The CR tranny makes it a great tight trail bike for me. I am finding I ride it faster than my 300XC for some reason...
Wyobrew is offline   Reply With Quote