Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 07:18 PM   #2146
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Cyborg, I weigh same as you, maybe a little more depending on tools carried etc and have had my suspension worked by a shop here who races 390s.

Mine is a 2010 390.

Forks
.48 kg/mm fork springs
Revalve forks

Shock
P20 spring
Fit telescopic needle
Revalve shock

The telescopic needle changes the rear shock a fair bit and makes your other adjustments more useable/noticeable.

FYI.
Thanks Cruz, are your forks single or dual chamber?
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #2147
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,626
The single chamber model.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #2148
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Got it dirty today

Just when I thought I could escape from the mountains, poor Berg got surrounded by a bunch of Big Orange!

Old 04-22-2012, 12:00 AM   #2149
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

At least you knew you could escape them easily.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done.

George Carlin
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #2150
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Got it dirty today
Hip Hip Hooray ! ! !

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #2151
McLeod
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Had a bit of fun this weekend at Cross Bar Ranch near Davis OK. We didn't find any rocks but there was a bit of mud!!!

Learned that when playing in the rocks you might wanna run a bit more tire pressure than 12!
Old 04-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #2152
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
Well I got the brand new 570 out this weekend.. after 12 miles of rocky single track and dirt I stopped for a break.. about 15 minutes later.. bike wouldnt start. I could hear the fuel pump start.. but the bike would just kinda turn over and huff and fart a bit. I thought it was boiled gas.. but after further reading on husaberg.org I am wondering if it isnt the fuel pump?? I undid the quick disconect and on start up it was definitely moving some fuel. So what is the next step? Remove the check valve from the fuel cap? does that do anything? I ordered the heat blanket and some heat wrap for the header.. needed or a waste of time? Thoughts would be appreciated.. pretty disheartening to have your brand new bike not start after 12 miles. I will say the next day it did better... longer ride.. more stops and starts.. it did hesitate after a lunch break, but eventually started. It seems to get worse when it sits for a while.. when I stopped for only a few minutes.. it would start back up no problem.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:46 PM   #2153
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 196
The heat blanket and header wrap are good things that you will want to do. Also an additional inline fuel filter is a good add on. I had problems with my check valve in the gas cap and had to remove it but I had different symptoms than what you are describing.
Has it been de-smoged yet. I know fuel in the canister can cause problems like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Well I got the brand new 570 out this weekend.. after 12 miles of rocky single track and dirt I stopped for a break.. about 15 minutes later.. bike wouldnt start. I could hear the fuel pump start.. but the bike would just kinda turn over and huff and fart a bit. I thought it was boiled gas.. but after further reading on husaberg.org I am wondering if it isnt the fuel pump?? I undid the quick disconect and on start up it was definitely moving some fuel. So what is the next step? Remove the check valve from the fuel cap? does that do anything? I ordered the heat blanket and some heat wrap for the header.. needed or a waste of time? Thoughts would be appreciated.. pretty disheartening to have your brand new bike not start after 12 miles. I will say the next day it did better... longer ride.. more stops and starts.. it did hesitate after a lunch break, but eventually started. It seems to get worse when it sits for a while.. when I stopped for only a few minutes.. it would start back up no problem.
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one)
05 Honda 650L
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #2154
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by APBlack View Post
The heat blanket and header wrap are good things that you will want to do. Also an additional inline fuel filter is a good add on. I had problems with my check valve in the gas cap and had to remove it but I had different symptoms than what you are describing.
Has it been de-smoged yet. I know fuel in the canister can cause problems like that.
yeah the dealer de-smogged it and remapped it also put the grey fuel filters in... but I dont know if the fuel pump is the all black one (bad?) or the two colored one (good?). I also ordered a shorai battery.. I use them on my other bikes and love them.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #2155
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
My 2010 was doing the same thing recently - it would take at least four crank 5 seconds-wait 5 seconds/repeat for it to start. Huffing and farting after the 2nd or 3rd attempt. If it didn't catch after 5 attempts, it wasn't going to start.
It would restart hot fine, but waiting 20 minutes or more was back to the problem.

Turned out it was the fuel pressure regulator.

1 crank after the fuel pump prime now.

Went to the Shorai as well, so far so good.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #2156
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

LED headlight

Modded a Baja Designs Squadron to fit the OEM mask on my FE390

Details here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=18537328
Old 04-24-2012, 10:44 PM   #2157
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Hey Cyborg, did you try a better standard bulb in the oem before going to the BD Squadron?

Your work looks great.

George Carlin
Old 04-25-2012, 07:54 AM   #2158
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Hey Cyborg, did you try a better standard bulb in the oem before going to the BD Squadron?

Your work looks great.
Thanks Cruz, no I didn't want to try a different incandescent bulb because I felt the beam pattern out of the OEM reflector was terrible. I wanted to keep power use down and a more powerful standard bulb would draw even more. I had wired both filaments ON in the standard OEM bulb for technically 70watts and the light output was still very marginal at night.

This Squadron draws about 43watts and put's out great light that's easy to ride with at night.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #2159
Zombie025
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Got it dirty today
Me too

After a two hour endurance race on our local race track
Zombie025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #2160