Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #2761
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskir222 View Post
I bought one of those very same tubes to fit on my bike.
could not get it to fit so the tire does not crush it.
I bought two tubes....thinking it would be nice to have a spare....and then I found out it will only fit on a subframe fuel tank because it does not have the structure for the emissions stuff.

I posted that here but to find it is a "challenge".

The "secret compartment" is a good alternative IMO. I think you could store three tire irons and a tube in that space.

Dave
Old 09-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #2762
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoWheelsGood View Post
Hi,

I've heard of lots of problems with the fitment of the Safari front tank for the 570 (hard/impossible to get on, leaks, etc) and that they were working to resolve the issues.

Any updates from anyone? Green light to get the tank? And I have radiator guards and the fan installed. Any issues there?
Tank fits fine... Just take you time.....
Fan (OK)
as for rad gaurds??? the (Alum front kind Yes ) or the (EE brace kind NO)
I have a pair of Alum Front Gaurds on mine.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #2763
TwoWheelsGood
Four Wheels Bad

Oddometer: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Dad View Post
Tank fits fine... Just take you time.....
Fan (OK)
as for rad gaurds??? the (Alum front kind Yes ) or the (EE brace kind NO)
I have a pair of Alum Front Gaurds on mine.
Alum front, yes. Thanks.

I've been using a 1gal MSR bladder in one side of the Mojave and a 2gal in one side of a Coyote bag, but would be nice to not lose half of my carry space to gas...but goddamn that thing is expensive
TwoWheelsGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #2764
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,959

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskir222 View Post
I bought one of those very same tubes to fit on my bike.
could not get it to fit so the tire does not crush it.
Hmm, no idea why your tire would hit it unless you have a really big rear tire. I run a 130/80-18 tire and it does not touch it.

I have seen two other FE570's run it the same way (my inspiration to do it) and their tires don't hit it either.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:33 PM   #2765
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Ok, I have read thru this whole thread twice in the last year and know the information is in here somewhere but can't seem to find it now that I need it.

What are the spare wires for/do behind the headlight of the 2011 FE 570? Are any of them "accessory" plugs? Two wires down by the head tube with clear caps look promising. I am a wiring and electrical noob.

Want to be able to wire in some grip warmers and maybe figure how to get a USB port in there also to charge the phone and IPad.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #2766
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Ok, I have read thru this whole thread twice in the last year and know the information is in here somewhere but can't seem to find it now that I need it.

What are the spare wires for/do behind the headlight of the 2011 FE 570? Are any of them "accessory" plugs? Two wires down by the head tube with clear caps look promising. I am a wiring and electrical noob.

Want to be able to wire in some grip warmers and maybe figure how to get a USB port in there also to charge the phone and IPad.

I have the FE570s ..street legal and there are still wires up front that are connected to nothing... including two wires with clear caps on them.. I know that is zero help,,, but be careful and hopefully someone will post an actual helpful answer soon
Old 09-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #2767
ambre_OWNZ
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider1 View Post
If you have a 70 degree subframe fuel tank, Cyborg did this with an agri supply tool tube:

Post #2337 on this thread.

Sorry to change the subject... But Is that the ktm tail light assembly? The one on my fs looks completely different
ambre_OWNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #2768
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambre_OWNZ View Post
Sorry to change the subject... But Is that the ktm tail light assembly? The one on my fs looks completely different

It's the stock OEM taillight that came with my 2011 FE390. It is a dual-element LED and after I added all the other dual-sport lighting package (harness, brake switches, etc) it works great, but pretty minimalist.

Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #2769
ambre_OWNZ
n00b

I like that tail section a lot more than the one that came on my 2011 fs570. Looks like I will be searching for some berg/ktm parts real soon... Now I feel like my bike is the ugly duckling :sad.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #2770
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
I like that tail section a lot more than the one that came on my 2011 fs570. Looks like I will be searching for some berg/ktm parts real soon... Now I feel like my bike is the ugly duckling :sad.
ambre_OWNZ, your taillight/blinkers looks like the one that come on official "street legal" FE/FS Husaberg kits. My 390 was sold as a "dirt" offroad-only version and converted by me to street-legal and turns out the dirt version of the taillight assy is in fact a dual-element (brake/running) taillight so I left it. My blinkers cam from Sicass Racing for example. Your setup will definitely be seen better in traffic when dual-sporting it.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #2771
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,333
IMO - the nicest tail assembly comes from Paul Williams aka PW_Garfield. It's uses the stock Euro sub-fender with a special LED light, super compact and it includes a license plate light unlike the Euro tail light that Cyborg uses (our Euro bikes actually have a second big ass ugly piece hanging off the tail that has a plate light on it). This is required to be street legal in a lot of countries (in Europe it even needs "E" markings on it), and I swapped mine out for that reason.

He sells them on all the forums and Ebay, about the same money as the Euro parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husaberg-FE-...item2ec088975f

LukasM screwed with this post 09-18-2012 at 02:55 PM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:51 PM   #2772
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,825
Quick up date:
I should have my Bash Plate in two weeks
Also getting closer on the Oil cooler.

PS,
I would like to get a FE 570 rear sec with that storage compartment.
anyone have one????
I have a FX 450 rear I can trade ??????????????
Old 09-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #2773
ambre_OWNZ
n00b

Have any of you had any issues of your fuel pump not working when the bike is still hot? Rode it for about an hour then shut it off to get some fuel, tried to start it back up but the fuel pump wouldn't kick on. So I let it sit for about 45 minutes and it fired up. It's still under warranty so I'm bringing it in tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else has come across that problem like I have
Old 09-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #2774
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Have any of you had any issues of your fuel pump not working when the bike is still hot? Rode it for about an hour then shut it off to get some fuel, tried to start it back up but the fuel pump wouldn't kick on. So I let it sit for about 45 minutes and it fired up. It's still under warranty so I'm bringing it in tomorrow, just wondering if anyone else has come across that problem like I have
Not trying to sound like a jerk but I think there are a bunch of guys that have. I think there must be at least 20 pages dedicated to this issue. Bad fuel pump. Dealer should replace it with a black topped one? Tight tolerances in pump. Hot fuel and bike make it seize after getting shut off. Have to let it cool. Keep blipping the starter and listening for the fuel pump whirl. No whirl equals no start.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #2775
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Sorry, see that you just joined.

The search tab and google are your friend!

Welcome to ADVrider from another noob.