Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #2791
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,931
Cooler Elc. Rad Thermo Fan Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
... Ordered from NAPA, its an FAE brand: Part # 1435003 Thermo Fan Switch 90/95c
I been doin research on this unit & Unable to locate one as my Ebay one took a dump on my 690

Napa # FS331
BWD # TFS696
Standard # TS606
Duralast # SW585
Syntech # MTO563

Anybody Recently purchased one ??

How many degrees Quicker than Stock, does this turn the fan on ??

Im thinking 20-30 degrees
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #2792
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,192
Love my 570....just saying

Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #2793
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
TLtrails & Ganshert,

Do either of you happen to know what pump you are running as far as black top or brown top? Haven't checked mine yet but would like to know what my likelihood of running into problems is if I have the black top. Dealer already said that they know of no problems with the '11s (" don't believe everything you read on the internet!") so I doubt they will change out an old style pump without it having issues first.
I'm not 100% sure but think it was black. I looked to see if I took any pictures when I did the subframe tank but no luck.
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #2794
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
Love my 570....just saying
Me too (mine, that is ).

What pipe is that you've got? I'm pretty content with the stock pipe ('specially since it has the required USFS spark arrestor in it) but I keep thinking about getting a pipe... I'm running out of farkles

On another note, I rode the RR200 last weekend and had a blast (saturday's "Adventure" is here: http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b...-1-2012-09-15#). I was running the MT-43 rear and by my estimation it was the most popular tire in use. It coped pretty well with just about everything. What I didn't like was the RallyCross front I had on. Any other recommendations on front tire from the peanut gallery?
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #2795
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Me too (mine, that is ).

What pipe is that you've got? I'm pretty content with the stock pipe ('specially since it has the required USFS spark arrestor in it) but I keep thinking about getting a pipe... I'm running out of farkles

?
Stock header pipe, Wings silencer comes with USFS spark arrestor. Great fit and quality
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #2796
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knobbiethrower View Post
Love washing my 570....just saying

Old 09-22-2012, 08:36 AM   #2797
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 202
2011 570s. 93 hrs original black pump still going strong. Only problem I had was the check valve in the gas cap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one).. gone.. damit
05 Honda 650L.. gone
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #2798
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Me too (mine, that is ).

On another note, I rode the RR200 last weekend and had a blast (saturday's "Adventure" is here: http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/b...-1-2012-09-15#). I was running the MT-43 rear and by my estimation it was the most popular tire in use. It coped pretty well with just about everything. What I didn't like was the RallyCross front I had on. Any other recommendations on front tire from the peanut gallery?
Hey, I was at the RR200 last week, that was a cool ride. Run the MT43 myself, great tire. I asked a few guys there what front tire they were using. The Perelli Scorpion was popular..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one).. gone.. damit
05 Honda 650L.. gone
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #2799
Sproat Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Just had a good weekend of riding with a new Michelin T63. Nice to have some traction back there again...(didn't realize how toast my stock bridgestone was). This tire is not as tall as the Bridegstone (or maybe it was the size I got...although I got the same tire size as Cyborg), so I'm now able to plant my feet with a little more ease at those important moments...so I'm appreciating this unexpected benefit of the tire.
Sproat Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #2800
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,147
My bike has been at Bazzaz Performance for a little while so they could develop a plug and play module for our Husabergs.
I now have the ability to switch between two fuel maps, on the fly, and also modify these maps on my computer.
I'm stoked to have this added ability, for me the two maps will be one for more power, one for better fuel milage. I'm going to go hit the trails soon and will follow up with some more insight to what this system does for the Husa. I haven't changed the two maps Bazzaz made, I wanted to go check them out before messing with one of them to get better fuel economy, but I did back them up to my Mac. The maps from Bazzaz has one for best performance with the ignition timing switch in normal, one is for nest performance with the ignition switch in Wild mode.

While it was away at Bazzaz, my bike also took a trip to FMF for them to refine the fitment of their exhaust systems on our Husa's. Again, once I get more seat time I'll comment on the new Powercore 4 I now have.

I have invited Jason, the mad scientist behind this tuning to shed some insight on what they did, and what they found on the Husa. Hopefully I'll get the Dyno report soon too.

Map switch on the left

Where all the magic happens at the Bazzaz shop

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 09-28-2012 at 10:44 AM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #2801
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
After killing my OEM Yuassa battery on my very first ride, trying to start a bike locked up because of the bad black topped fuel pump, I replaced it with a Shorai battery. As I get ready to move out west, CO, and plan on riding solo quite a bit, I was contemplating buying a lightweight 4 Cell Lithium battery to carry with me as a back up. A 4 cell Ballistic Parts Evo2, http://www.ballisticparts.com/produc...ries/4cell.php 4 cell battery weighs less than a pound, puts out 135CCA and would fit easily in my KLIM backpack. Overly cautious, or a good idea for a bike w/o a kick start and the inability to bump start, (Rekluse clutch)?
Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #2802
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,147
I trust my Shorai to get me home when I'm far out there solo, I even charge my iPhone and camera batteries at camp off of it in the evenings.
Personally, I'm trying to reduce weight in my backpack as much as possible for long haul multi day/week rides, it adds stress to my back and butt so I wouldn't carry a spare battery, but I don't have a Rekluse.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:17 PM   #2803
natedog39
New Sheriff in town

Oddometer: 6,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by boduke View Post
My 2011 is also in the shop at the moment getting a bad fuel pump replaced.
Maybe the question should be: Who hasn't had a fuel pump issue...

I'm kind of suprised there wasn't an official recall.
It's a fantastic bike thou, would buy it again tomorrow. But it does rub the wrong way to have such a universal issue with such a $$$ bike.
My 09 570 has 5,200 miles with only a fuel injector replacement a year and a half ago.

Knock on wood, fuel pump is still good.

2014 FE 501
2012 990Adv

Team Ghetto does a hot lap of America
natedog39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 AM   #2804
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,215
Well my dealer told me to put anti-seize on the 6 x large screws that hold the black subframe rails on (under the seat). He said that if they stick, you are screwed...

I'm going to do it tomorrow morning, anyone else got any ideas of places I should stick the anti-seize or horror stories they want to share about getting their screws stuck?

Old 09-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #2805
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr

Oddometer: 1,931
A little weight savings isn't worth it, when it won't crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
I trust my Shorai to get me home ...
Don't depend on it for very long at all, because IT WILL FAIL YOU
Absorbed Glass Mat Batts is the only way to go for dependability and/or longevity IMHO
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote