Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #2986
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,212
A dual sport kit equipped '10 FX450 w/ Florida tags and title was no trouble getting Virginia tags and tile for me.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #2987
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
guys whats the thoughts on wheel spacers, have tried the enduro engineering ones but they're showing signs of scoring in less than 300 miles, anything better out there or suggestions on minimising wear ?

ZIP ty racing's are the best going!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #2988
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
guys whats the thoughts on wheel spacers, have tried the enduro engineering ones but they're showing signs of scoring in less than 300 miles, anything better out there or suggestions on minimising wear ?
What kind of wear are you getting Frosty? I just checked mine with over 5500 klms on them and they show little marks or wear.

xronly
Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #2989
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoto View Post
cyborg

I are you still happy with your BD Squadron light. I am going to install one soon. That was a great thread you did on your installation.
Yes, very happy with the Squadron and it's proving to be very durable.
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #2990
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
What kind of wear are you getting Frosty? I just checked mine with over 5500 klms on them and they show little marks or wear.
What's up with the wheel spacer thing? Is there a problem with OEM?
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #2991
Rossb
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
My 570 has not got an ignition switch. Does the wiring loom make allowance to fit one?
Anyone got a diagram?

Regards

Ross
Rossb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #2992
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Little bit of info: easy forestry road riding. Bit of a mileage test:
4l/100km followed by 4.3l/100km. i.e. 25km/litre
(58mpg & 54mpg).
Pretty happy with that and could probably have done better if serious.....although fun factor would diminish.

That is an estimated 212kms per 8.5 l tank if needed....

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:32 PM   #2993
SRG
SRG

Berg dudes - I have a new to me 2010 FX450 (plated). I love the bike, but one of the first "problems" with it I've had is the heat shield portion of the plastic frame guards gets pushed into the hot exhaust (by my boot heel). Then the plastic heat shield melts. Then the plastic heel cup of your right boot melts.

So I found an Australian company - B&B Offroad Engineering - that makes a proper aluminum heat shield/guard for that area. I inquired about getting them to send me one, but with shipping it came to $94. I thought maybe I could instigate a "group buy" and asked about ordering 7 of them. That got the price down to $72. So, are there 6 of you out there (in the US) that would pay _+$80 to have one shipped to your door?

Here's the pic B&B sent me. Obviously, the plastic frame guard/heat shield will have to modified/cut back to make the new B&B one fit. The B&B guard is formed from 2mm thick aluminum and they say it's quite sturdy. Anyone interested?

http://s1283.beta.photobucket.com/us...ml?sort=3&o=10
Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #2994
bfly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Berg dudes - I have a new to me 2010 FX450 (plated). I love the bike, but one of the first "problems" with it I've had is the heat shield portion of the plastic frame guards gets pushed into the hot exhaust (by my boot heel). Then the plastic heat shield melts. Then the plastic heel cup of your right boot melts.

So I found an Australian company - B&B Offroad Engineering - that makes a proper aluminum heat shield/guard for that area. I inquired about getting them to send me one, but with shipping it came to $94. I thought maybe I could instigate a "group buy" and asked about ordering 7 of them. That got the price down to $72. So, are there 6 of you out there (in the US) that would pay _+$80 to have one shipped to your door?

Here's the pic B&B sent me. Obviously, the plastic frame guard/heat shield will have to modified/cut back to make the new B&B one fit. The B&B guard is formed from 2mm thick aluminum and they say it's quite sturdy. Anyone interested?

http://s1283.beta.photobucket.com/us...ml?sort=3&o=10
...or
bfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:43 PM   #2995
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Cry Spinning insert...

No, this is not a problem with the 70degree subframe tank...

Doing some maintenance on the 570 this weekend and needed to get the plastics off. All is well until I go to do the middle bolt on the left fairing (middle of the three that run along the top edge, adjacent to the air filter). This goes into the stock fuel tank. It turns, but goes nowhere.

Any suggestions?
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #2996
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
No, this is not a problem with the 70degree subframe tank...

Doing some maintenance on the 570 this weekend and needed to get the plastics off. All is well until I go to do the middle bolt on the left fairing (middle of the three that run along the top edge, adjacent to the air filter). This goes into the stock fuel tank. It turns, but goes nowhere.

Any suggestions?
Sorry if I am slow.. but I thought that was specifically a problem with the 70 degree tank? It has certainly been discussed a lot before.. or does that bolt not go into the sub tank?
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #2997
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Sorry if I am slow..
Yup. You're slow

Seriously tho, until this weekend I thought this issue *was* isolated to the 70degree tank. BUT, I can categorically state - it's not. With a new tank retailing at $500+ (USD) - I don't wanna go down that road

Maybe last time I bolted the fairings back on I cross-threaded this bolt - I dunno. The point is, the bolt won't come out of it's own free will and needs some additional encouragement that I am unable to provide at this moment. I'm open to any suggestions that don't damage the tank.
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #2998
joedirt5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Just pull on the bolt the insert will come right out. I have done this with out damaging the tank. Not 100% certain it will work for you but it may be your only choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Yup. You're slow

Seriously tho, until this weekend I thought this issue *was* isolated to the 70degree tank. BUT, I can categorically state - it's not. With a new tank retailing at $500+ (USD) - I don't wanna go down that road

Maybe last time I bolted the fairings back on I cross-threaded this bolt - I dunno. The point is, the bolt won't come out of it's own free will and needs some additional encouragement that I am unable to provide at this moment. I'm open to any suggestions that don't damage the tank.
joedirt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #2999
SRG
SRG

Bfly - my plastic frame guard/heat shield is zip tied like your photo. That didn't stop my boot heel from pushing it against the exhaust pipe with the molten results I described.

Maybe I'm the only one w/ this problem?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #3000
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Bfly - my plastic frame guard/heat shield is zip tied like your photo. That didn't stop my boot heel from pushing it against the exhaust pipe with the molten results I described.

Maybe I'm the only one w/ this problem?
I was thinking about slipping this onto the pipe, from the muffler side to control heat to tank as well as help with the melting boot issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HeatShield-2...sories&vxp=mtr
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote