Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #3481
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarearider View Post
I have a 2011 FE 390 and lately the low fuel warning light is now showing up. Can anyone explain where to check the connection for this ?

Or check the lamp in the warning indicator is fully seated and working.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #3482
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,110
Frostyuk - Can you provide specific info on the KTM flasher bracket? Got any pics of how you used it? Thanks.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #3483
hillwalker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Apparently, no NAPA's in Texas have the thermal fan switch mentioned in this thread in stock. And, I was told the manufacturer is backordered. Are there any good alternatives?
hillwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #3484
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Frostyuk - Can you provide specific info on the KTM flasher bracket? Got any pics of how you used it? Thanks.
I'm not frosty, but here's how I used mine after removing the turn signals using HDB LED signals instead, and a few other photos of the freshly repaired Mighty Husaberg and me doing our thing getting LOST.
Nice have her back running strong.

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 PM   #3485
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 197

Here's where I put my can am filter. It's got easy access and maintains the QD in the original spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one)
05 Honda 650L
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #3486
APBlack
nOOb on a fly

Oddometer: 197

Here's the EE guard. You do have to grind the bar some to get the 15t on but it will fit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
06 KTM 950 Adv (orange one)
05 Honda 650L
APBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 AM   #3487
pRICK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
i cant see that many being interested but i thought i'd ask

Cheers.
and I just spent three hours making and remaking a couple of brackets.

Rick
pRICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #3488
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
its part no 78014033000 flasher bracket exc 08, i've only just got it but it mounts to the front of the top triple clamp in the same holes as the the little wiring bracket. i'll be doing something similar to lost but with different lights :)

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #3489
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
More Force Bash Plate....

Quote:
for those with the force rally bash plate or stephans for that matter, how wide are these ? do they impact the bikes manouverability in the tight stuff as a result? do they add more protection re the brake/gear levers ? do you lose any ground clearance? just wondering from the perspective that i had an enduro engineering guard on my clutch slave unit and noticed a chunk taken out of it, don't know where or when it was done

thanks
It looks like you found a bunch of Photo's and answers...I have a 3L w/ tool box. Let me know if you did not get all of your questions answered.

pinevalley
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #3490
pinevalley
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
I recently replaced my fuel injector due to hard-start issues and also added to little in-line filter that KTM includes in the new part.

BUT, there's many references to this tiny little filter getting clogged up itself, so in anticipation of that eventuality, I purchased the Golan mini-filter (which is not as "mini" as the KTM inline one, but flows better and is less likely to clog).

Image #1
Image #2

I know some of you have added an inline filter - so this question is for you... Whereabouts did you end up installing it? Closer to the tank or closer to the injector end? How tight is space after installing? Any helpful tips or images?
I ended up installing mine on the pump side of the connector. Not ideal as the filter is not between the connector and injector. However, (as someone already mentioned) there is not a lot of room on the injector side of the connector and I was worried about kinking the line.

Hope that helps.

pinevalley
Old 02-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #3491
pinevalley
Adventurer

Quote:
You may remember a few months ago i was looking at moving my headlight/mask forward to give a bit more room for my hdb computer protector and fuzeblock. At the time LukasM showed us a prototype relocation kit from Paul at HDB, and since then i have been in communication with Paul about this.

IMG_1842

However Paul has abandoned the version that Lukas showed us in favour of a more generic solution that he can use for his rally lite fairing and the more common KTM headlight/mask ( i wont steal LukasM thunder about the rally lite fairing ;) )

Anyway whilst discussing with Paul i realised that the kit Paul had made up wouldnt work with most of the bergs as it was based on moving the locating pins forward for the headlight/mask to mount on, this is for the later 570s which have the ktm mask/light combination that doesnt use a fender brace. For the fender brace version the headlight doesnt use the fender locator pins but a tab on the fender brace which also acts as the point for the headlight adjuster.

Now it may be that the only thing i need to do is to tilt the top of the mask forward but i think i will need to move the whole fender brace forward as well to get the space i want. Anyway i think this can be done with a "simple" plate that bolts to the top of the triple clamp (where the brace fits currently) rather than under the triple clamp and fancy bending, and provide some holes to mount the fender brace further forward (plus some locator pegs and a new hole in the fender for the front of the brace (but thats another story). Paul is kindly donating to me some bits from the abandoned kit he was making, to help me start on this and a local friend Gabe from Zen Overland who preps RTW bikes has said he can help me out with the metalwork. The question is is anyone else interested in a kit if i can get something made up? we're looking at a couple of months plus by the time the bits get to me from Paul and Gabe and i work something out. If you are can you pm me rather than filling up the thread and then Gabe can work out a rough cost based on numbers, i cant see that many being interested but i thought i'd ask

Cheers.
Would one of the KTM roadbook carriers work for you?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAA&dur=2715
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 PM   #3492
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
I ended up installing mine on the pump side of the connector. Not ideal as the filter is not between the connector and injector. However, (as someone already mentioned) there is not a lot of room on the injector side of the connector and I was worried about kinking the line.
Perfect - and thanks for the image too.

Quote:
I gotta ask - what's that clear tube zip-tied to the wires? That's where my clutch line is...
Old 02-10-2013, 02:11 AM   #3493
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Would one of the KTM roadbook carriers work for you?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...QEwAA&dur=2715
thanks nice off the wall thinking, looking at it it would be for the ktm headlight/mask combination rather than the older berg but it does re-inforce my thoughts about using the mounting holes on top of hte lower triple

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 AM   #3494
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,191
Subframe tank conversion.

Re converting the existing subframe into a fuel tank:
I have the complete process with instructions and photos from Amme who has said I can post it up on this thread. But now I know why he didn't... If anyone knows how to convert a .pdf file into a format that can be put up here, PM me and I'll email you the file.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 AM   #3495
pinevalley
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Perfect - and thanks for the image too.

I gotta ask - what's that clear tube zip-tied to the wires? That's where my clutch line is...
Recluse - they have you attach a small tube for the clutch delete.