Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:01 AM   #3721
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
That is a demo bike. I bought my '10 FE 450 as a demo with 6 hours on it in '11 for $5,495. Miles are low for 6 hours. Snag it if the price is low like mine was. If it is not, put the hammer to 'em. These bikes do not hold their value once they are "used" so get a good deal.

Then get it home, check the valves (mine were at the tight end of the specs) check the fuel pump prefilter for white crud, add a Golan or Can-Am quad fuel filter and rock on. I recommend the KTM fan kit too, with a lower temp thermo switch for a BMW car. The stock KTM switch is super hot to accommodate the weak charging systems on older KTMs. The 'Berg has a street bike like 211 watt stator output and it capable of running the fan continuously. The lower temp switch lets the fan run more, keeping the motor cool. My bike rarely goes much over 200F (Trail Tech gauge on it) no matter what kind of gnarly hell I put it through. The right leg gets roasted at times, but that is preferable to wasted valve seals and oval shaped cylinders from heat. With their petite radiators, these things do get stinky hot without a fan. Check the fuel pump color too while in there. If it is black, it will probably fail, order a Cycleworks pump. If it is brown, you are probably good to go.

Love my 450. They need a little setup but they are sweet rides if you make the effort. I laugh every time I think about what I paid for mine, especially when walking by new $9,000 KTMs at the dealer :)

Duken4evr screwed with this post 04-20-2013 at 07:08 AM
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #3722
GAS GUY
MILE EATER

Oddometer: 2,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
That is a demo bike. I bought my '10 FE 450 as a demo with 6 hours on it in '11 for $5,495. Miles are low for 6 hours. Snag it if the price is low like mine was. If it is not, put the hammer to 'em. These bikes do not hold their value once they are "used" so get a good deal.

Then get it home, check the valves (mine were at the tight end of the specs) check the fuel pump prefilter for white crud, add a Golan or Can-Am quad fuel filter and rock on. I recommend the KTM fan kit too, with a lower temp thermo switch for a BMW car. The stock KTM switch is super hot to accommodate the weak charging systems on older KTMs. The 'Berg has a street bike like 211 watt stator output and it capable of running the fan continuously. The lower temp switch lets the fan run more, keeping the motor cool. My bike rarely goes much over 200F (Trail Tech gauge on it) no matter what kind of gnarly hell I put it through. The right leg gets roasted at times, but that is preferable to wasted valve seals and oval shaped cylinders from heat. With their petite radiators, these things do get stinky hot without a fan. Check the fuel pump color too while in there. If it is black, it will probably fail, order a Cycleworks pump. If it is brown, you are probably good to go.

Love my 450. They need a little setup but they are sweet rides if you make the effort. I laugh every time I think about what I paid for mine, especially when walking by new $9,000 KTMs at the dealer :)
Does the 2010 FX 450 have the same 211 watt stator as the FE ??
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #3723
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post

agree.. but I would make the dealer do all those things before I brought it home,,, cuz Im lazy and hamfisted with tools
Old 04-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #3724
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
Does the 2010 FX 450 have the same 211 watt stator as the FE ??
Yes! :)

http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12564
Old 04-20-2013, 08:51 AM   #3725
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAS GUY View Post
The hours/miles don't make sense.

How much do they want for the bike ?
It is a 570 Supermoto. They were asking $8300, plus ~$3-500 for transport & $200 for prep. They went down to $7300 including the T&P, plus tax and license. Seemed like a pretty good deal...unless the demo aspect changes things. I was planning on buying it today. Is that a good/bad deal? There is a used one for sale ~250 miles away with 1500 miles asking $7K. This one still has the 6 mo warranty and I dont feel like driving that far to check out a used bike. Anyone now what was the original MSRP, I forgot to ask? Thx everyone!
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #3726
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanbeingexpert View Post
It is a 570 Supermoto. They were asking $8300, plus ~$3-500 for transport & $200 for prep. They went down to $7300 including the T&P, plus tax and license. Seemed like a pretty good deal...unless the demo aspect changes things. I was planning on buying it today. Is that a good/bad deal? There is a used one for sale ~250 miles away with 1500 miles asking $7K. This one still has the 6 mo warranty and I dont feel like driving that far to check out a used bike. Anyone now what was the original MSRP, I forgot to ask? Thx everyone!
too much IMHO.. most places were selling left over 11's for under 8k a year ago... original MSRP was $10,500
Old 04-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #3727
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

I see your point, but not exactly a lot of choices out there for a 570 w/warranty these days, but maybe I should just wait for a good used one instead or back off for now on this one.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #3728
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Quote:
I see your point, but not exactly a lot of choices out there for a 570 w/warranty these days, but maybe I should just wait for a good used one instead or back off for now on this one.
Yeah..good point.. I paid $7500 with a skid plate and hand guards out the door for an 11 FE570.. no delivery or dealer fees.. but you are right....this may be the only "new" 570 left in the states... money is a relative thing.. if you have the $$ then a $1000 or $1500 may be no big deal.. I doubt you will find a used one for less than $7500 because most folks paid over 10k for them.. soooo,, if you can find a used one where the original purchaser paid the clearance price, then you can get a good deal.. but a quick search of Yakaz and cycletrader show bikes in the $7500 range... I would try and talk them down.. get rid of the delivery and setup fees.. and try and get them to throw in a free first valve check inspection.

Another factor is your CA location.. hard to find bikes this great that are 50 state legal... so maybe that could account for a little more $$.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #3729
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

new update on the 70 degree subframe tank... http://www.70degreeracing.com/
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #3730
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
Yeah..good point.. I paid $7500 with a skid plate and hand guards out the door for an 11 FE570.. no delivery or dealer fees.. but you are right....this may be the only "new" 570 left in the states... money is a relative thing.. if you have the $$ then a $1000 or $1500 may be no big deal.. I doubt you will find a used one for less than $7500 because most folks paid over 10k for them.. soooo,, if you can find a used one where the original purchaser paid the clearance price, then you can get a good deal.. but a quick search of Yakaz and cycletrader show bikes in the $7500 range... I would try and talk them down.. get rid of the delivery and setup fees.. and try and get them to throw in a free first valve check inspection.

Another factor is your CA location.. hard to find bikes this great that are 50 state legal... so maybe that could account for a little more $$.
I think that I will go ahead and buy it, but you are right the valve check should be free...they were going to just change the oil for free. I already got them to waive the other fees. With a service and the warranty, I will feel pretty good about it and everything in CA is more expensive. Thx again.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #3731
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

There seemed to be a glut of demo 450s for awhile there and those were the killer deals. I heard of guys getting them as cheap as $4,999. The 570 is a bit of a different animal though, not heard of a lot of demo 570s.

That price does not sound bad. Get him to dump the delivery and prep fees. Prepare to hang on when you get it. That bike is a beast.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #3732
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
FE570 for sale...

Just saw this ad over on husaberg.org: http://husaberg.org/classifieds.php?...w_ad&ad_id=550
Old 04-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #3733
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
new update on the 70 degree subframe tank... http://www.70degreeracing.com/
Thanks! Gonna put an order in next pay period so I can get on the list.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #3734
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Went ahead and bought the last "new" FS 570 in the USA...at least the last one that I know of. Bike feels really light, but not crazy fast...at least not coming off of a MV Brutale. Needs to be uncorked, but Cali EPA is so hard on the dealers they won't remap or order any parts for the desmog. Maybe a power commander? I think that I will really like it the more time I ride it.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #3735
Knobbiethrower
ADV in ADK

Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Went ahead and bought the last "new" FS 570 in the USA...at least the last one that I know of. Bike feels really light, but not crazy fast...at least not coming off of a MV Brutale. Needs to be uncorked, but Cali EPA is so hard on the dealers they won't remap or order any parts for the desmog. Maybe a power commander? I think that I will really like it the more time I ride it.
Congrads on the purchase, the more you ride it, the more you will love it. Plenty of good setup info in this thread.
Knobbiethrower is offline   Reply With Quote