User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM   #3751
Gravel Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Southern Ontario Jumping Trees

Hey guys, quickly scanned and did a search on the thread but nothing jumped out.

Rubbed a tree this past weekend and need a headlight, speedometer, front fender with brace, and some rad shrouds, I'm having a hard time finding replacement plastic on line?? Found the speedo at ktm twins but nothing else.

Adam.
Gravel Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #3752
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,200
I bought a whole set of replacement plastic from www.ktm-parts.com they have a Husaberg section..if you cant find it give them a call, they can get it for you..plus a 10% discount if you register. These guys http://www.offroadboss.com/plastic.htm claim to be Husaberg central and they have the stuff listed online, but I have never ordered from them.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #3753
Gravel Traveler
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Great, Thanks!
Gravel Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #3754
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Traveler View Post
Hey guys, quickly scanned and did a search on the thread but nothing jumped out.

Rubbed a tree this past weekend and need a headlight, speedometer, front fender with brace, and some rad shrouds, I'm having a hard time finding replacement plastic on line?? Found the speedo at ktm twins but nothing else.

Adam.
Might try these guys.

http://www.cyclebuy.com/husaberg/acc...ls.htm#Shrouds

I've head great luck with them.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #3755
Rider1
Ridin' Dave

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
Yeah, I'm broken.

LR:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune ! Care to share what road and where this happened?

And....where is this photo from? It looks challenging to walk that "trail" :)

Heal quickly and properly with as little discomfort as possible.

Dave
Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #3756
Possu
de-nOObed!

Oddometer: 5,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by rensho View Post
The plug is a 2 pin weather tight black plug with some colored(yellow) rubber seals where the wires enter the plug body. Mine is behind the headlight on the left side as you're looking at the headlight.
Thanks, I'll check it, I had a quick look but thought it just disapperared in to the loom.

I tried removing my tank on Saturday only to find that the r/h side bolt that passes through the subframe and in to the threaded aluminium tube was stuck. Manged to remove it in the end but mangled the tube. Spent an hour Saturday evening turning a length of 16mm ally bar down to 14mm, cutting threads and filing 12mm flats at either end. Works a treat, all back together with plenty of Copperslip.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #3757
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,162
thank you for the kind words, can't wait to get back in the saddle!

thanks HF! Yeah, I'm a good crash test dummy!

PM sent Tom.

Dave, that trail is Kern Canyon Trail, one of the easier trails in the area, exposed but not too technical. good times.
I have the GPX tracks from that ride on my website to download, you'll find it from there.
I crashed on Lockwood Valley Rd.

Dahlin, I guess the things to check based on my experience having similar issues would be a clogged injector, or loose battery terminal or bad battery. 2 months might have been enough time for ethanol to do some damage to the injector if your fuel over there in the Husaberg Motherland has ethanol it in it.
Change the fuel maybe, clean the injector, check fuel filter inline right before injector, check the battery, if that doesn't work check the screen around the fuel pump.

From there I'd check fuel pressure.

Definitely use some startron fuel additive when storing the bike IMHO.

Good luck!

Gravel Traveler, I have OEM blue side panels I could sell you for much less than new ones, PM me, though I might be out of touch after tomorrow for a little while, going into surgery and don't know what to expect, but my girl could probable ship them out.

LostRider.com

Lost Rider screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 06:24 PM
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #3758
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Alternate part source...

I have been ordering from here the last couple of times. They seem to have good prices. It's mainly KTM stuff, but I have entered in Husaberg part numbers and found a couple of items.

pinevalley

http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravel Traveler View Post

Adam.
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:48 AM   #3759
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Didn't really want to start another complete thread for what is probably a simple question:

How do you take off the dust covers off your fork legs to clean behind them. The manual says to do it, and I'd like to, but there are no detailed instructions or hints..... I've easily slipped the little spring down, it is sitting on fork slider now, but the actual dust cover, I suppose, should slip down too?? Do you force something in the crack between it and the (top) fork, and force it down? How do you do it without damaging the cover, or the fork leg behind it? I thought of using a knife blade, but .......no

I'm sure it's simple if you could just tell me how to get started. (2012 FE450)

PS. The UHF/UHE site says that 70 degree are running off 500 subframe fuel tanks this week. Finally?!

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #3760
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
You should not remove that spring from either the dust or fork seals...

To slide the dust seal down simply push a thin flat bladed screwdriver in between dust seal and fork tube, work it down slowly while going in a circle it, it will eventually come free.

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #3761
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
About to purchase a a Pirelli mt21 front tire for my 570. Bike is at home and won't be able to get back to it until tomorrow. Anyone know off the top of their head what the front tire size is? 80/90 or 90/90? Google didn't yelled any results. Thanks.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #3762
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
Generally most people use 90/90-21 tires and that's the more common size, but on the 1.6" rim you can fit a 80/100 as well.

80/90 is a very rare size...

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #3763
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Generally most people use 90/90-21 tires and that's the more common size, but on the 1.6" rim you can fit a 80/100 as well.

80/90 is a very rare size...
Thanks Lukas! Motorcycle superstore only carries the two sizes I mentioned. I will go with the 90/90.
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #3764
toro618
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 953
Sorry to hear you gut hurt, Finn.

I broke my ankle 7 weeks ago racing a rallymoto on my F800GS....ended up with a plate and 7 screws but I got the all clear to ride again last week (in exactly 6 weeks). Eat alot of spinach, broccoli, and yogurt, and get on a stationary cycle one hour a day to circulate all those nutrients to the healing bone and you'll be up and riding sooner than you think.

Get well.
toro618 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #3765
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 363
Finn,

I have plates in my collarbone as well as a metal hip. Flying will be a joy for you now. If you PM me your address I will send you a bone stimulator that is supposed to induce bone growth. Who knows if it works.

http://www.exogen.com/ad/exogen_bone...FQE6QgodlGIAfg