Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #3766
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Rider View Post
thank you for the kind words, can't wait to get back in the saddle!

thanks HF! Yeah, I'm a good crash test dummy!

PM sent Tom.

Dave, that trail is Kern Canyon Trail, one of the easier trails in the area, exposed but not too technical. good times.
I have the GPX tracks from that ride on my website to download, you'll find it from there.
I crashed on Lockwood Valley Rd.

Dahlin, I guess the things to check based on my experience having similar issues would be a clogged injector, or loose battery terminal or bad battery. 2 months might have been enough time for ethanol to do some damage to the injector if your fuel over there in the Husaberg Motherland has ethanol it in it.
Change the fuel maybe, clean the injector, check fuel filter inline right before injector, check the battery, if that doesn't work check the screen around the fuel pump.

From there I'd check fuel pressure.

Definitely use some startron fuel additive when storing the bike IMHO.

Good luck!

Gravel Traveler, I have OEM blue side panels I could sell you for much less than new ones, PM me, though I might be out of touch after tomorrow for a little while, going into surgery and don't know what to expect, but my girl could probable ship them out.

Dude, you are living the dream!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:54 PM   #3767
SoilSampleDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
I have been ordering from here the last couple of times. They seem to have good prices. It's mainly KTM stuff, but I have entered in Husaberg part numbers and found a couple of items.

pinevalley

http://www.surdykeyamaha.com/
Yep- Gary Surdyke was at one time the exclusive Berg importer or distributor for the US. I had a 95/96 Tulsa ISDE bike that was sold off to my local dealer, and I finally got decent jetting for it through Surdyke. There didn't seem to be any service manuals available either, so I ended up paying Dale Lineaweaver a few bucks to photocopy his homebrew manual he made while building hotrod Bergs for dirt tracking. Good times!

'13 350EXC-F
SoilSampleDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:36 AM   #3768
Blakduk
Just trying to get by.

Oddometer: 1,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
You should not remove that spring from either the dust or fork seals...

To slide the dust seal down simply push a thin flat bladed screwdriver in between dust seal and fork tube, work it down slowly while going in a circle it, it will eventually come free.
Thanks for this. Job done. I used a tiny screwdriver to start it, then a slightly bigger one to move them apart. I can see you have to be gentle or the plastic may be damaged.

There was only a bit of compacted dust around the dust seal itself, hardly any remained up under the lip on the fork leg, I used the aircompressor to blow off the dust, a toothbrush to gently brush it, and also sprayed some Lanolin type CRC/WD40 stuff up there to loosen it, then blew it out again with the aircompressor (gently). They popped back on easily. How's that sound.

Btw, it's been 50 hours of sometimes very dusty or muddy single track - hardly anything in there - the slider must do a good job eh? '12 FE450.

In any human interaction where money is moving from you to another; NEVER trust ANYTHING you are told.
Blakduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #3769
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
Yeah, I'm broken.

Now that's the kinds of trail I like!

Great pictures and heal up well Finn!
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #3770
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post

Someday when I'm up your way or visa versa we'll have to get together to ride!

Thank you, surgery went well yesterday and I'm almost ready for a ride. ( sitting on my bike on a stand in the driveway and humming vrooom vroomm for now... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Finn,

I have plates in my collarbone as well as a metal hip. Flying will be a joy for you now. If you PM me your address I will send you a bone stimulator that is supposed to induce bone growth. Who knows if it works.

http://www.exogen.com/ad/exogen_bone...FQE6QgodlGIAfg

PM sent kind sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoilSampleDave View Post
Dude, you are living the dream!
Well thank you, currently a nightmare but there's light at the end of the dark pain pill inducted tunnel!
There's more than a few of us around here that like to get around on our Bergs', makes for a great ADVenture bike!
Check out the Husaberg ADV Traveler Thread

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #3771
howardbell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:

Thank you, surgery went well yesterday and I'm almost ready for a ride. ( sitting on my bike on a stand in the driveway and humming vrooom vroomm for now... )

PM sent kind sir!

Well thank you, currently a nightmare but there's light at the end of the dark pain pill inducted tunnel!
There's more than a few of us around here that like to get around on our Bergs', makes for a great ADVenture bike!
Check out the Husaberg ADV Traveler Thread

New guy here... just checking into the clubhouse for the first time. I am glad to hear that you are healing up Finn - because quite honestly, I just went out and dropped $7k on a used 'berg after reading all 44 pages of your "Husaberg Adventure Traveler thread"... So at the risk of sounding like a creepy stalker, and you don't know me, I am super psyched that you are healing up and will be riding again soon, because I have been living vicariously through your photographic artwork and adventure stories.

Here she is -- a 2009 FE570 with 40hrs on the clock (just shy of 1000 miles), Scotts damper and Q4, other than that, she pretty much stock. Which is great for me because it has all the high-dollar add-on's, I'm just cutting down the seat and shaping it a little with some foam I got from the upholstery shop down the street, and adding a 70degree racing on-the-fly map switch (forgot to mention that this is my first dirt bike, coming off a V-strom, so I really wanted the option to bring the throttle response down while getting comfortable in the dirt). I am so in love with this little blue hussy

howardbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #3772
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:

OK, don't injure yourself lifting the box I sent you.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #3773
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Quote:

Just holler if you plan to get up this way. Pinevalley lives pretty close to me and HighFive knows what kind of trails I like to take people on.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #3774
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Quote:
Just holler if you plan to get up this way. Pinevalley lives pretty close to me and HighFive knows what kind of trails I like to take people on.
Finn & I could make it a "team Husaberg" event
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #3775
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyMan View Post
Finn & I could make it a "team Husaberg" event
You bet! By the time Finn heals up, the snow should be off the good trails up in the Pacific Northwest. I know a few other FE'berg'rs up here, and the local shop sold all the FE's they could get.

BTW Finn, nice tiltshift shot

Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 PM   #3776
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,214
My 2009 570 coverted to a rally bike (sitting in a Mexicali hotel room getting ready for the Mexican 1000)...

"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #3777
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
My 2009 570 coverted to a rally bike (sitting in a Mexicali hotel room getting ready for the Mexican 1000)...

Dayum! That is full of awesome. Go get em! Oh, and don't crash that prety Berg...
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 PM   #3778
Lost Rider
Roadie

Oddometer: 3,160
howardbell, welcome to the party! glad you could join us and I could help you part with some hard earned money... I think you'll find most of us Berg' owners are very happy with our bikes.

It should be quite a step up in performance for you in the dirt, and since it has most everything needed already you're set to go!

I can say though, if you want to upgrade anything I'd recommend taking some off road training courses, if on the west coast Jimmy Lewis off road school is the obvious choice and I'm sure there's others out east that will help you start off riding dirt without developing bad habits. The berg is about a perfect bike but in the end it's up to the rider to make her sing.
Balance and control.

Have fun and just beware getting Lost on the Husa is very additive, I know I can't wait to get back in the saddle and thank you for the kinds words of support!

reshno, will do, thank you once again!

And Larry..... I'm speechless, you sure don't fuck around, that is one beautiful looking bike, I can only imagine how well it must ride. The best of luck to you in the race, please keep us posted! Do you happen to know anywhere we can follow the race online to see how you're doing?
I sure wish I could be there to watch.

yeah, fellows, maybe a little West Coast Husaberg get together is in order this year, I know I'd love to check out the trails you NorthWet folks have...

Surgery went well, with all the generous ADV support and advice I'm well on my way to recovery!

Cheers

Finn

LostRider.com
Lost Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:08 PM   #3779
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,214
Finn - I'll pm you my spot tracking info later today...it's going to be fun riding the rally berg down the peninsula. The bike is obviously world-class, the rider not so much but I'm setting the goal to keep the bike intact and finish the race!
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 PM   #3780
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Finn - I'll pm you my spot tracking info later today...it's going to be fun riding the rally berg down the peninsula. The bike is obviously world-class, the rider not so much but I'm setting the goal to keep the bike intact and finish the race!
Hi Larry, awesome rally bike build!

I am a major Dakar and Rally in general fan, so I'd like your tracking info too and if there is a website for it. Rock that Race!