Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #3931
HighFive
Never Tap-Out

Oddometer: 2,636
I doubt those purdy Husaberg decals last very long on MTBjeff's Safari tank.

I had a Safari on my WR250R Yamaha, and the decals would bubble off within a couple weeks. Gas fumes seeping thru the plastic, it seemed.

Good luck with it. Beautiful graphics job anyway!

HF
Athena Big Bore Project WRRDualsport.com

HighFive screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 07:56 PM Reason: Spelling
HighFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #3932
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Anyone having any luck finding the lower temp radiator fan switches? Last ride the fan only came on when the bike was hot hot! The ATM 1435033 part that everyone recommended from NAPA is no longer available according to them. Can't find it online either. Anybody found one recently?
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:08 PM   #3933
pinevalley
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
rockauto.com

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...postcount=3511

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Anyone having any luck finding the lower temp radiator fan switches? Last ride the fan only came on when the bike was hot hot! The ATM 1435033 part that everyone recommended from NAPA is no longer available according to them. Can't find it online either. Anybody found one recently?
pinevalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #3934
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
Hey Pinevalley,

Saw your post before I posted. Couldn't figure out the link. Are all of those the same part? Didn't see a part number match the ATM number. Kinda confusing site.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #3935
pinevalley
Adventurer

I'm assuming (yes I know...) that all of those are compatible with the BMW and should have the same thread and temp switch. Looking deeper at the descriptions I would not assume that the temp switch is the same across the board.

What temp range are you looking for? (A switch that trips at 203F and turns off at 193F)

pinevalley

Quote:
Hey Pinevalley,

Saw your post before I posted. Couldn't figure out the link. Are all of those the same part? Didn't see a part number match the ATM number. Kinda confusing site.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #3936
pinevalley
Adventurer

I don't know how to give you a definite answer - sorry.

You could try directly ordering from them: http://www.altrom.com/cgi-bin/altapp...0:::0:&CD=9676

I did however go the Beck/Arnley web site. At the top of the page there is a option to view their Catalog. At the top of the catalog there is a option to search/cross reference parts. Cross referencing the 1435033 yields a Beck/Arnley 201-1310.

Amazon is now your friend: http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-20...words=201-1310

Hope this helps - pinevalley

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinevalley View Post
I'm assuming (yes I know...) that all of those are compatible with the BMW and should have the same thread and temp switch. Looking deeper at the descriptions I would not assume that the temp switch is the same across the board.

What temp range are you looking for? (A switch that trips at 203F and turns off at 193F)

pinevalley
Old 06-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #3937
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Ordered one from Amazon! Thanks for all of that leg work. I really appreciate it PineValley!
Old 06-06-2013, 07:01 AM   #3938
Humanbeingexpert
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
^ Me too, thx!
Humanbeingexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #3939
Baja Dad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,850
^^ Me THREE!!!!!!
Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #3940
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Got mine in today.

It is a 95/90c versus the 100/95c that came with the kit. Thanks again Pinevalley!

Heading to the RMAR event in Silverton, CO at the end of July and had a question about tire choice. I have a 60-70% dunlop 606 on the rear but thinking about getting a pirelli mt43 dot trials tire before I head out there. Never been riding out there. What do you all think? I think I can do fine with the 606 but would like to try the mt43 and have heard it does really well in the mtns. Some of that single track looks nasty so I would really like the best tire.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:03 PM   #3941
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
I switched from a 606, my "wet" tire,, for winter/spring to a MT43 a couple of weeks ago.. it promptly started raining constantly.. had a great ride today.. very wet and muddy and the MT43 did great. On dry rock it will kick the 606's butt every time.. I don't see any downside to the MT43 at all.

just spent the last hour watching the CBDR video a friend gave me today.. thinking about a Sept attempt.. Not sure how my months are going to play out as I move to CO in late July.. August is already gone with family time in CA and fishing time in MT.. Maybe we will get a late winter start and I can squeeze it in in late Sept/early Oct.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #3942
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I switched from a 606, my "wet" tire,, for winter/spring to a MT43 a couple of weeks ago.. it promptly started raining constantly.. had a great ride today.. very wet and muddy and the MT43 did great. On dry rock it will kick the 606's butt every time.. I don't see any downside to the MT43 at all.

just spent the last hour watching the CBDR video a friend gave me today.. thinking about a Sept attempt.. Not sure how my months are going to play out as I move to CO in late July.. August is already gone with family time in CA and fishing time in MT.. Maybe we will get a late winter start and I can squeeze it in in late Sept/early Oct.
Thank you sir!

No clearance or rubbing issues?
Old 06-09-2013, 04:53 PM   #3943
mrt10x
Dumba$s Jarhead

Oddometer: 3,189
Quote:
Thank you sir!

No clearance or rubbing issues?
I have never had any... but I am running a 13/50 drive train and the chain adjustment is pretty much all the way back.. there have been several discussions on the forums that say the mt43 requires a 50 rear not to rub.. my simple brain doesnt quite understand why that would be..but it has worked for me
Old 06-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #3944
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrt10x View Post
I have never had any... but I am running a 13/50 drive train and the chain adjustment is pretty much all the way back.. there have been several discussions on the forums that say the mt43 requires a 50 rear not to rub.. my simple brain doesnt quite understand why that would be..but it has worked for me
I too switched to a MT43 to try. I don't reco a 50T rear with the tire, as you cannot run a 14T front. The swinger does not have enough adjustment range. I ended up running a 15T because I had it already. The 13T obviously works.
I would have bought a 49 or a 51 next time.

So far, I do like the MT43, but don't have enough time on it yet. 2 rides, 350 miles.

I'm running tubliss as well (new to me), so lot's has changed.
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:01 PM   #3945
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
im running 12/52 with an mt43 no issues

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote