Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #4036
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroverholic View Post
Hi Guys

Just picked up a new 0kms FE 570 in Tasmania.

What run in procedure did you use? Did you 'use it' or 'baby it'?

I am presuming these things must be bench tested so likely has been run at max revs already?

Owners manual says oil/filter change at 1 hour 3 hours then normal 15 hours. Sounds good.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Callum
Reading this thread is the best advice I have!

I rode mine in easy dual sport mode before banging the rev limiter off road. I would say 3-4 hrs on the road and gravel.

Oil change sounds about right.

Common to do's are.....remove check valve in gas cap, address heat in tank ( ceramic coat mid pipe or line underside of tank), open up stock exhaust silencer or buy new one, use profil sock filter and ethanol eliminator additive, wear the stock tires out and buy a solid set of DS tires and balance them. Sure there is more. All in this thread. I have read it twice now.

Most importantly, ride the hell out of it!

Enjoy,

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #4037
BogeyMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 443
Looks like a couple of 70 degree bikes are up for sale over on www.husaberg.org.
http://photos.boggis.com
BogeyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #4038
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landroverholic View Post
Hi Guys
Just picked up a new 0kms FE 570 in Tasmania.
hey callum, well done! must have been the last one in the country. re: running in i subscribe to that technique of riding the bike under sustained load immediately, but not full throttle. i'd suggest reading up on it, for me there was enough evidence to suggest it works fine.

just started a new thread here on the known issues and common mods for 70 degree bergs. it should cover the most important stuff to look out for. your bike would still have been shipped with the wrong fuel filters but the correct ones would have been sent with the bike... just make sure the dealer has fitted them.

B1 screwed with this post 07-11-2013 at 03:38 PM
B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #4039
Landroverholic
Callum

Oddometer: 41
Thanks for the advice guys.

B1 - yes to my knowledge last new one in Australia. 2009 model 0 kms .
I paid $10500 with bike including Akrapovic muffler (+ on roads).

Was difficult to put a price on it but it has been dry stored and is immaculate - instead of being out on display in the weather. I needed to really twist the dealers arm to sell it to me though. I think he had become rather attached!!(they were $13650 + on roads new in 2009!)

I have swapped out the crappy fuel filter.

Plans for 'The Berg' . Ride it (obviously) Condo 750 next year in April (first timer!) the fly it to Mongolia and Siberia for 'unfinished business'.

Will check out your thread and see what I need to do.

Regards

Callum
Old 07-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #4040
rensho
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Nice looking cheap 570 if someone is looking

That is super low miles for so little mulah!

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3925194886.html

No affiliation...
rensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #4041
SRG
SRG

Oddometer: 1,201
Offical End of Husaberg

Old news perhaps, but I just read in an English dual sport mag. that 2014 will be the last of the Bergs. KTM now owns Husky and of course Husaberg - they say they are "reuniting" the brands as Bergs were an offshoot of Husky some time ago. It was the opinion of the author of the article that one of the main reasons for keeping the Husky brand (rather than Berg - assuming you must drop one) was it's reputation in the USA, going back to Steve McQueen and On Any Sunday.

I'm OK with this as the 70* bikes are almost all KTM parts but this won't help our resale values - but I have no intention of selling mine anytime soon.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #4042
woods wizard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Safari frt tank

Hey Guys, those of you w a Safari frt tank how did you route the crossover hoses ? Did you run the r/h one under the throttle body ? Did you route the main line around the c/s sprocket ? Just looking @ options. Thanks, WW
Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #4043
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG View Post
Old news perhaps, but I just read in an English dual sport mag. that 2014 will be the last of the Bergs. KTM now owns Husky and of course Husaberg - they say they are "reuniting" the brands as Bergs were an offshoot of Husky some time ago. It was the opinion of the author of the article that one of the main reasons for keeping the Husky brand (rather than Berg - assuming you must drop one) was it's reputation in the USA, going back to Steve McQueen and On Any Sunday.

I'm OK with this as the 70* bikes are almost all KTM parts but this won't help our resale values - but I have no intention of selling mine anytime soon.
further proof that if you find a comfortable pair of shoes that fits you should buy 8 pair then and there because next year they will change them on you so they no longer fit

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #4044
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Midwest cLevers

Well they arrived and are fitted, only had one short ride on them so far and first impressions are favourable but not perfect :p

really nicely made, the clutch lever is a perfect 2 fingers for me and pulling the lever back to the bar without crushing my fingers is no problem where they get the 50% reduction in pull is beyond me, if anything it feels slightly heavier than stock. maybe their figures are for a different model, my scales read it as a 10lb pull back to the bar. if i'm bored one day i'll put the stock unit back on and measure that

IMG00312-20130710-1041IMG00313-20130715-1913IMG00314-20130715-1913

for the brake lever i reckon thats a finger and a half rather than two, my middle finger is pulling against the "ball" at the end. feels comfortable and no issues braking but will have to get a few more miles under the belt before i make a firm decision on it especially as i've just replaced my front pads.

IMG00310-20130710-0833IMG00315-20130715-1914IMG00316-20130715-1914

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944)
frostyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #4045
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post
Well they arrived and are fitted, only had one short ride on them so far and first impressions are favourable but not perfect :p

really nicely made, the clutch lever is a perfect 2 fingers for me and pulling the lever back to the bar without crushing my fingers is no problem where they get the 50% reduction in pull is beyond me, if anything it feels slightly heavier than stock. maybe their figures are for a different model, my scales read it as a 10lb pull back to the bar. if i'm bored one day i'll put the stock unit back on and measure that

IMG00312-20130710-1041IMG00313-20130715-1913IMG00314-20130715-1913

for the brake lever i reckon thats a finger and a half rather than two, my middle finger is pulling against the "ball" at the end. feels comfortable and no issues braking but will have to get a few more miles under the belt before i make a firm decision on it especially as i've just replaced my front pads.

IMG00310-20130710-0833IMG00315-20130715-1914IMG00316-20130715-1914
Funny that you posted that. Mine came in Saturday.

Mine feel like 2 1/2 fingers. The ball hits the knuckle of my ring finger on the clutch side. I do run my levers angled very low so that may explain a little.

Don't have photos yet but on the factory street legal bikes the clutch lever hits the horn/ turn signal assembly well before full clutch disengagement. I plan to try and fix this by using a longer set screw in the pivot so it pushes the rod in further initially. Can't comment about the pull because my clutch hits the assembly right as it starts to disengage.

FYI, the brake lever does not have any sort of link or lever assembly. It appears to be exactly like the factory brake lever but 3/4 inch shorter and in fancy Anodized black! Wouldn't buy the brake lever unless you just want to match.

Will up date later but not impressed so far.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #4046
RememberTheFallen
Gnarly Adventurer

Frosty, looking further at your photos I see that your lever is pretty far out, away from the bars. With mine adjusted as far as I can the lever is still pretty close. If I continue to tighten the set screw in the pivot it reaches the end of the threads and falls into the space for the rod. Did you have a problem with this? Almost like the screw is too short or they didn't machine enough threads into the pivot.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #4047
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
so that may explain a little.

Don't have photos yet but on the factory street legal bikes the clutch lever hits the horn/ turn signal assembly well before full clutch disengagement.
mine's running the stock uk horn/turn assembly, no issues with that at all

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take
away"
Old 07-15-2013, 01:18 PM   #4048
frostyuk
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTheFallen View Post
Frosty, looking further at your photos I see that your lever is pretty far out, away from the bars. With mine adjusted as far as I can the lever is still pretty close. If I continue to tighten the set screw in the pivot it reaches the end of the threads and falls into the space for the rod. Did you have a problem with this? Almost like the screw is too short or they didn't machine enough threads into the pivot.
i havent moved the set screw at all so its screwed right in, i've got a few mm free play in the clutch lever before it bites but i've also got large hands.

when i took the bike out for the first time after setting it up cold, once the bike warmed up the clutch was slipping so i had to back out the push rod a fair amount, getting the balance completely right will take a couple more rides i think though as i was getting quite a bit of creep with the clutch in.

away"
Old 07-15-2013, 01:34 PM   #4049
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 5,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyuk View Post

What's a "clutch lever"? (Happy Rekluse Core EXP user)
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #4050
B1
Carbon-based bipedal

Oddometer: 3,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
What's a "clutch lever"? (Happy Rekluse Core EXP user)
and no more searching for neutral. even the base model exp 2.0 works a treat on the berg!