Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #751
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,784
Dealer replaced my pump with a new one today, hopefully that will take care of it.
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #752
KayaKTM OP
Day trippin'

Oddometer: 405
Dealer replaced my pump with a new one today, hopefully that will take care of it.

Seriously i was just getting ready to post this exact same thing. i should have my tank back on Thursday and be ready for the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABiker View Post

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #753
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,283
Well after 3 hours of disassembley, head scratching, and internet searching I now have found all of the connectors needed for my fe450 light/horn install. Just have to install the rear brake switch and finish mounting everything.

Is there some trick to adjusting the front brake light switch? Seems like it will only go off with the lever dialed out to its most extreme outer position.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #754
DaveInSt.Augustine
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
2010 fe?

Has anyone had any issues plating a FE? I found a good deal on a leftover 2010 and was curious if the title is like other KTM models (no mention of OHV). I live in FL and they don't allow u to register dirtbikes if the title is designated offroad only. FL. doesn't inspect or require emission test so I think I will be fine if the title wording is correct. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
DaveInSt.Augustine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #755
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_t08 View Post
Has anyone had any issues plating a FE? I found a good deal on a leftover 2010 and was curious if the title is like other KTM models (no mention of OHV). I live in FL and they don't allow u to register dirtbikes if the title is designated offroad only. FL. doesn't inspect or require emission test so I think I will be fine if the title wording is correct. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
I should find out today or tomorrow morning whether my 09 will be an issue. The 09 MSO does say offroad use only. Believe the 10's are the same with the 11's possibly being different.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #756
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,784
Quote:
My MSO listed the bike as a "Motorcycle" and not "OHV" so all I had to do is walk in to the notary, pay the tax, register it, and walk out with a plate. Then I installed the Sicass DS kit, got it inspected, and that was it.

Same thing I did with my 250.
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #757
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABiker View Post
My MSO listed the bike as a "Motorcycle" and not "OHV" so all I had to do is walk in to the notary, pay the tax, register it, and walk out with a plate. Then I installed the Sicass DS kit, got it inspected, and that was it.

Same thing I did with my 250.
What's written on the MSO has to do with which state you bought the bike in.
NY issued titles say "Off road use only" MA say nothing apparently. I had a NY MSO, so I had to jump through a few very minor hoops but I have a plate.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #758
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
I should find out today or tomorrow morning whether my 09 will be an issue. The 09 MSO does say offroad use only. Believe the 10's are the same with the 11's possibly being different.
When I put the lighting kit on my 570, it was a treasure hunt for sure
Sorry I missed your call, I could have walked you through it.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #759
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,640
Quote:
No issues plating my second one.

You must be the original name on the Certificate of Origin to register in NC if bought new. Found that out the hard way on my 1st Berg. Not an issue if the bike already has a title.

Yes they register just like a KTM. I've heard of some Bergs coming with a "Off Road Only" title. That's a non starter in NC.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 06-09-2011 at 08:40 AM
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #760
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
No issues plating my second one.

You must be the original name on the Certificate of Origin to register in NC if bought new. Found that out the hard way on my 1st Berg. Not an issue if the bike already has a title.

Yes they register just like a KTM. I've heard of some Berg coming with a "Off Road Only" title.

Hey Greg, how goes the battle? Stateside or running around? I had the pleasure of riding all last weekend with McGilkey Watching him burn all the little bike guys on the SE is more fun than should be legally allowed
Old 06-09-2011, 08:41 AM   #761
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Hey Greg, how goes the battle? Stateside or running around? I had the pleasure of riding all last weekend with McGilkey Watching him burn all the little bike guys on the SE is more fun than should be legally allowed
Around...Tell Mike I said hello. He is a hoot to see on the SE.

Old 06-09-2011, 08:51 AM   #762
DaveInSt.Augustine
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you...

For the reply's. I'm surprised I can buy a leftover Husaberg cheaper than a leftover KTM. I was originally going to buy a KTM 450 xcw but may do a deal on the Husaberg if everything works out.

Does anyone know if the ergonomics are the same between the Husaberg 450 and the KTM 450 (seat to peg)?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #763
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Quote:
For the reply's. I'm surprised I can buy a leftover Husaberg cheaper than a leftover KTM. I was originally going to buy a KTM 450 xcw but may do a deal on the Husaberg if everything works out.

Does anyone know if the ergonomics are the same between the Husaberg 450 and the KTM 450 (seat to peg)?
Ergos are different...ask Crankshaft.

Aftermarket stuff for the Berg (plastic, etc) is more expensive than KTM. Much more aftermarket support for KTM. Still like the Blue KTM better than the Orange one.

Tarheel Wheeler screwed with this post 06-09-2011 at 09:29 AM
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #764
DaveInSt.Augustine
Gnarly Adventurer

Ergos

That might be an issue I'm 6'2 (long legs). I saw one extra gallon of fuel cost $500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
Ergos are different...ask Crankshaft.

Aftermarket stuff for the Berg (plastic, etc) is more expensive than KTM. Much more aftermarket support for KTM.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:06 AM   #765
nobrakes
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,364
Quote:
That might be an issue I'm 6'2 (long legs). I saw one extra gallon of fuel cost $500
The seat to peg difference is probably a little less on the 'berg. I just checked the chassis specs for a late model KTM vs an FE450, and while they don't list the seat-to-peg measurement, the seat heights are the same between the two, but the ground clearance is a little bit more on the 'berg by about 0.4 inches. So that would tend to imply that the seat to peg distance on the 'berg is a tad shorter than that of the KTM, probably about .4 inches, or less than 1/2 inch.

Of course, the flip side of that is that the 'berg gives you a little bit more ground clearance.

You can probably find some aftermarket stuff to lower the pegs if you found that to be a problem.

'12 KTM 350 EXC-F
'12 Beta EVO 2
nobrakes is offline   Reply With Quote