User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #781
KayaKTM OP
Day trippin'

Oddometer: 405
short rider report

Here are a few shots from a ride I did with a buddy of mine this weekend. Great weekend! The new fuel pump GDR installed worked flawlessly!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=97

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #782
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Question regarding race fuel for a 2011 570.

Iím running Pikes Peak again this year but on my new 2011 570 and Iíve a question as to my race fuel choice. To stay within the rules of Iíve narrowed it down to one fuel, Sonoco MO2X, this is the same fuel I used last year on a different bike with good results. The bike was a BMW G650 X Challenge and the MO2X Unleaded was recommended by a Sonoco tech.. I think Iím somewhat safe in assuming that if the BMW had no issues with the fuel the 570 will be just fine.

So my question is, will running the leaded version of this fuel adversely affect the 570 in any way? As the leaded version is allot easier to find than the unleaded version it would make things a bit easier on the logistics. Iíve been told by a distributor that if the bike doesnít have an oxygen sensor then leaded fuel is ok and the higher octane 112 vs. 97 will yield better results. Hell I donít even know if the 570 has an oxygen sensor or not. I'm a mid pack rider with zero chance of a top 5 finish but will still be as competitive as possible, at the same time I'm not looking to burn a fuel that is going to cause engine longevity issues.

And in case you're not familiar with Pikes Peak, the race starts at 9,800' above sea level and finishes at 14,000'.

Thoughts?

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #783
lc8john
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Which gearing will you use for the race 14x45 on 17" ?
Best of lucks!
Old 06-13-2011, 04:42 PM   #784
crankshaft
Guns are for pussies

Oddometer: 13,974
Quote:
Originally Posted by ropedrag View Post
Question regarding race fuel for a 2011 570.

Iím running Pikes Peak again this year but on my new 2011 570 and Iíve a question as to my race fuel choice. To stay within the rules of Iíve narrowed it down to one fuel, Sonoco MO2X, this is the same fuel I used last year on a different bike with good results. The bike was a BMW G650 X Challenge and the MO2X Unleaded was recommended by a Sonoco tech.. I think Iím somewhat safe in assuming that if the BMW had no issues with the fuel the 570 will be just fine.

So my question is, will running the leaded version of this fuel adversely affect the 570 in any way? As the leaded version is allot easier to find than the unleaded version it would make things a bit easier on the logistics. Iíve been told by a distributor that if the bike doesnít have an oxygen sensor then leaded fuel is ok and the higher octane 112 vs. 97 will yield better results. Hell I donít even know if the 570 has an oxygen sensor or not. I'm a mid pack rider with zero chance of a top 5 finish but will still be as competitive as possible, at the same time I'm not looking to burn a fuel that is going to cause engine longevity issues.

And in case you're not familiar with Pikes Peak, the race starts at 9,800' above sea level and finishes at 14,000'.

Thoughts?
Motorsports 103 is great stuff and O2 sensor safe, ran it in a Rally car, mini bike, generator, CRF230 and mt KTM.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:37 PM   #785
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by woods wizard View Post
Are those seats available ? Are they softer than the stock one ? Also what damper is that ? Can you elaborate a little on that bar setup ? Thanks
Triple clamp is from Highway Dirtbikes - see this thread:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=679142
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:47 PM   #786
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 1,856
A friend at work got a very, very good deal on a 570 motard late last week and has been asking me quite a few questions since I have had a FE450 for a while.
I got an email from him this morning asking me what I thought about this - it is an RFID key that wires into your starter relay.

Here is the link:-http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/

Seem s like a good idea if you are worried about security.....it is a t least another solution. Bit pricey though!!

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:56 PM   #787
(sp?)
flaming ahole ;)

Oddometer: 5,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotyred View Post
A friend at work got a very, very good deal on a 570 motard late last week and has been asking me quite a few questions since I have had a FE450 for a while.
I got an email from him this morning asking me what I thought about this - it is an RFID key that wires into your starter relay.

Here is the link:-http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/

Seem s like a good idea if you are worried about security.....it is a t least another solution. Bit pricey though!!
Keyswitch from a DRZ400? fits easily. About $40 and come with a mounting bracket. Contacts are a bit strange - wire the starter and fuel pump to it. You can source mating connectors for the harnesses and not have to worry about cutting the one on your bike. That way you can unplug the switch and return the wiring to stock.

www.easternbeaver.com has most of the connectors you'll need. NAPA or similar auto parts store will have the rest.
'05 BMW R1200GS
(sp?) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #788
ropedrag
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by lc8john View Post
Which gearing will you use for the race 14x45 on 17" ?
Best of lucks!
Thanks!

Close, 14X44 I just cant seem to get the top end speed from my 48 and the stock 38 is like taking a gear away. You might be thinking "stock 38??", yeah I have the supermoto 570

Yes 17's running Avon Pro extreme rain tires (same as I ran last year). I love these tires as they basically are a hard race rain and they stand up really well to dry pavement where my Michelin race rains will burn up with only a little dry pavement. A few of the top guns are running cut race slicks but I've not the balls or the skill to give up that much traction on the dirt sections.

As for the fuel question I posted earlier. I've done more digging and apparently due to our 11.8:1 compression motors a high octane fuel will actually decrease power and yes leaded fuel will hurt the o2 sensor. Pikes Peak is a lot of things, one thing for sure is that its a horsepower race.

ropedrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #789
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by sledstorm1 View Post
Go with the tried and true netra setup bridgestone m59 front UHD tube 10psi - mt16 UHD tube 9-10psi thats the rockeater setup add air for ds rides
Does anyone have the best fit tire size info for this set up on FE570S?

The stock tires are 90/90 and 140/80.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #790
Cruz
Lost but laughing.

Oddometer: 5,632
Remember that the OEM Six Days 140/80 is measured from side knob to side knob and not carcass width as on most tyres.

Just replaced my rear tyre with a Maxxis 120/100 - 18 which fits well. I do not think a normal 140/80 - 18 would even fit in the rear swingarm on the Bergs, or would be very tight.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, ďYou know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Iím just not close enough to get the job done.Ē

George Carlin
Cruz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:54 PM   #791
Gargoyle
Trail Jester

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz View Post
Remember that the OEM Six Days 140/80 is measured from side knob to side knob and not carcass width as on most tyres.

Just replaced my rear tyre with a Maxxis 120/100 - 18 which fits well. I do not think a normal 140/80 - 18 would even fit in the rear swingarm on the Bergs, or would be very tight.
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have already mounted a set and could give me the exact size info.
Berkshire Trail Riders on Facebook or follow me on Twitter
Gargoyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:03 PM   #792
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,734
Just mounted the new Seat Concepts kit, came out pretty good:

I'm the first one to order it so Robert at Seat Concepts wants me to be the guinea pig. Didn't get a chance to ride it yet but it definitely has a much wider middle seating area, but still thin across the front near the tank.

I went with the stock height kit, but they do offer a 15mm lower version.

The quality of the cover and stitching is excellent, I went with the gripper top with faux carbon fiber sides. The foam density fells slightly softer than the stock KTM foam, which should be pretty nice compared.

I will report back after the first test ride.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 PM   #793
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
Is this the last climb out of pritchett canyon?
Yep :)
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #794
moparmiller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 289
moparmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #795
Intrigue_262000
Did you see that wheelie?

Oddometer: 1,043

1997 DR350SE