ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2011, 12:05 AM   #961
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega
 
The Letter J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
I own a 690 & LOVE it, but I WANT A 2011 FE 570 S
My thoughts exactly. If the 570 were available factory street legal in 2009, I would have had a hard time passing it up for my 690.
The Letter J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #962
Brown Dog
North Georgia Dual Sportr
 
Brown Dog's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Calhoun, GA. USA
Oddometer: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen View Post
Interesting. You want a 570 to take the place of the 690 or...
I Want the Berg as my 3rd bike for technical riding.
I've missed my lightweight 525 EXC Wide Ratio Tranny.
The 690 is so Much Smoother for True 50/50 Dual Sporting
Over the 525.

I love the extra 55cc of the Berg compared to the 510cc
of the 530

I'm sold on the Subframe tank keeping super slim
Stock Look

I was very disappointed riding a buddy's 2011 530 EXC
(low power & vibe felt thru bars)

My 950 & 690 have spoiled me
Brown Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #963
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
The Heathen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sac Valley
Oddometer: 180
Everything I hear and read says the 690 is the ultimate dual sport. But I want a fe570s the same purpose. I love the 570, just seems like a lot of thought and engineering went into it.

The Heathen screwed with this post 08-10-2011 at 07:30 AM
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:47 AM   #964
The Heathen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
The Heathen's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Sac Valley
Oddometer: 180
http://www.promotobillet.com/catalog.../huskyrack.jpg
Could this work on a 570?
The Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #965
PABiker
Anywhere but here
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp63130 View Post
Has anyone else had their fuel pump crap out? Mine is at 32 hours with about 1100 miles and the bike won't stay lit for longer than 20 minutes. It seems once the fuel gets hot it just dies. There are a few threads about it on husaberg.org but I was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and has found a quality replacement? The dealer is about 1000 miles away and say he has no replacements pumps at the moment.

The pipe has been wrapped, the the tank has heat deflector on the bottom and I have engine ice in for coolant.

Pretty shitty.
Mine died at 33 hrs, my buddy's at 37 hrs. My dealer replaced both of them under warranty.
__________________
'12 Suzuki DR650SE
'10 Husaberg FE450 Plated
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:00 PM   #966
KayaKTM OP
Day trippin'
 
KayaKTM's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 405
Yep, the fuel pump on my 390 crapped out right at 20 hrs. also. UPS'd the tank back to the dealer and they replaced it and had it back in my hands within 3 days. No problems since!

From what i can tell it was a bad run of pumps and they've not had any problems with them otherwise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by dp63130 View Post
Has anyone else had their fuel pump crap out? Mine is at 32 hours with about 1100 miles and the bike won't stay lit for longer than 20 minutes. It seems once the fuel gets hot it just dies. There are a few threads about it on husaberg.org but I was wondering if anyone here has had the same issue and has found a quality replacement? The dealer is about 1000 miles away and say he has no replacements pumps at the moment.

The pipe has been wrapped, the the tank has heat deflector on the bottom and I have engine ice in for coolant.

Pretty shitty.
__________________
2004 KTM 950A
2010 Berg 390 (Tagged)

Religions change; beer and wine remain. Harvey Allen
KayaKTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #967
Stinky
Team Hematoma
 
Stinky's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: NW WA
Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen View Post
Not likely. The rack bolts through the rear fender into the existing aluminum sub-frame on the Husky.
__________________
Got Responsibility?
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #968
dp63130
none.
 
dp63130's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: .
Oddometer: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by PABiker View Post
Mine died at 33 hrs, my buddy's at 37 hrs. My dealer replaced both of them under warranty.
Spent 152.00 on a replacement from ca-cycleworks since the dealer said it'd be till sept until he got more warranty replacements. Not real happy about that but a weekend on the bike is worth it.
dp63130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:22 PM   #969
Wander4Days
Where am I?
 
Wander4Days's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 85
My hot new Swedish girlfriend

(well she's orginally from Sweden) Just brought home my new to me '11 FE390. Super stoked and glad to see there's a thread here- i'll be back soon with lots of questions.
Wander4Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #970
Grape_Ape
Hold On Loosely
 
Grape_Ape's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: SW PA
Oddometer: 444
Thanks for the compliments on the picture everybody. I don't think that was Star Pass but I think this is:



The seat is a stock Husaberg pan and cover that was modified by http://www.fishersaddlebags.com/. They did a great job on it. They added 2" of height and widened the rear portion out to about 10". It is so much more comfortable now. They use your existing cover and add to it as needed (that is the black material you see). Here's a closer shot of the seat:

Grape_Ape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #971
twotyred
Practising Recedivist
 
twotyred's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Bruthen Victoria
Oddometer: 1,734
My fuel pump is still going strongly after 157 hours and 6,600+ Ks.

That seat is very interesting!!!!
__________________
If you succeed at first...don't look surprised!!

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:53 AM   #972
ktm950se
Banned
 
ktm950se's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post

The seat is a stock Husaberg pan and cover that was modified by http://www.fishersaddlebags.com/. They did a great job on it. They added 2" of height and widened the rear portion out to about 10". It is so much more comfortable now. They use your existing cover and add to it as needed (that is the black material you see). Here's a closer shot of the seat:

Great looking seat, and having looked at their website, at a great price too!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:36 AM   #973
PABiker
Anywhere but here
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape_Ape View Post
Thanks for the compliments on the picture everybody. I don't think that was Star Pass but I think this is:

Didn't I see you in CO last week?
__________________
'12 Suzuki DR650SE
'10 Husaberg FE450 Plated
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:33 PM   #974
Duken4evr
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Duken4evr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 242
PABiker, glad you had fun in Colorado. I will be riding those same areas at the end of the month. Only one week for me though. I see you were near Gothic. Did you happen by the Crystal Mill? Forgive me for littering up the thread with pics, but they are so darn pretty



Took this pic last weekend in Waldorf, near Georgetown/Guanella Pass, which is local to me in Denver. 13,150 feet high according to the GPS. It was 20 degrees cooler up there vs. the start of the ride. So blessed that this sort of riding is only about 1 hour away Our FI system rocks for the big elevation changes I encounter. I found I was running a bit "lean" on the oxygen front when taking a stroll down a goat trail on top of the hill, but the bike ran crisp and perfect.



Time to stop. that is probably a 2,500 foot drop.




Call me strange, but I love this stuff. A 'Berg with a Scotts installed is a rock eating weapon. They don't call them the "Rocky Mountains" for nothing you know!

__________________
2010 Husaberg FE450 (plated)
2001 Honda CR250 (out of state riding buddy's bike stored in CO for his annual epic ride) fills my need for the occasional 2 stroke hit!
2006 Yamaha FZ1

Duken4evr screwed with this post 08-11-2011 at 06:43 PM
Duken4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:03 PM   #975
PABiker
Anywhere but here
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Oddometer: 3,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
PABiker, glad you had fun in Colorado. I will be riding those same areas at the end of the month. Only one week for me though. I see you were near Gothic. Did you happen by the Crystal Mill? Forgive me for littering up the thread with pics, but they are so darn pretty
Thanks, I have fun in CO every year. Just wish I could talk Wifey into moving there. I did not drop over the hill this year, we came up over Paradise Divide around to the top of the pass and then dropped back down to CB through Gothic. But not before having to cross the huge snow drift right after Emerald Lake.

We ran all the way to Marble last year passing through Crystal on the way, then took a wrong turn on the way back and ended up on top of Sheep Mountain. We were running pretty low on fuel at that point so we drifted all the way back down with the engine off to save fuel, then found the correct turn and back up the pass.

Grape Ape and a couple of the other guys in our party ran down to Crystal and back a couple days after my pic was taken.

Can't wait for our return trip next year.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Duken4evr View Post
Took this pic last weekend in Waldorf, near Georgetown/Guanella Pass, which is local to me in Denver. 13,150 feet high according to the GPS. It was 20 degrees cooler up there vs. the start of the ride. So blessed that this sort of riding is only about 1 hour away Our FI system rocks for the big elevation changes I encounter. I found I was running a bit "lean" on the oxygen front when taking a stroll down a goat trail on top of the hill, but the bike ran crisp and perfect.
I'm familiar with the Georgetown area, I worked at the Cabin Creek hydro plant a couple times. Looks like I may need to bring the bike with me next time I'm at the plant to check out the area.
__________________
'12 Suzuki DR650SE
'10 Husaberg FE450 Plated

PABiker screwed with this post 08-11-2011 at 07:12 PM
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014