ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #76
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Been back several hrs now. All i can say is wow! Those who didnt go? Ya, u missed out.

Twas good to meet all the new folks, Mark, i wanna hear more bout your south america travels, too bad we didnt start that conversation sooner. Stacy, rocky, cant wait to read of ur round america travels starting this summer. You guys and jimmy are a hoot and we enjoyed hangin by the fire in ur camp.
Justin, thanks for organizing this shindig, great time i beleive was had by all and we appreciate you. Marty, appreciate u hangin back and ridin back to camp last night. Westin, thanks for switchin seats with me, just hollar when its a good time for u to switch back. Brian, thanks for gettin us on track and down the right roads and just for coming out to join. Keith, always fun havin u around, too bad things didnt work out with the bartendar :-) and tha nks for the double stuff :-)
Ryan, thanks for the route, gotta be tuff planning it from 3 hrs away, it was a great route with mucho dirt, gravel and sand. Thank u for the floaties :-) simple yet effective, not sure how much of it was suppose to be a joke and how much was for caring, but bravo, helped alot dude. And thanks for ridin back with me today. Friday at moe's is on me :-). Lindsay, thanks for keepin Misty company on the ride to and fro and just for coming along.

To all who helped set camp, break camp, helped prepare food or clean dishes, thank you all. We had a great time and look forward to the next venture cos of all you great people !
Old 04-17-2011, 06:21 PM   #77
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
had lunch, took nap, did chores, got clean and bout to eat an awesome fried chicken dinnery wife made.

Report and pics to come, may be a couple days as I set out for Charlotte in the AM and have out of town guest for 9 days.

Hope everyone made it home safe. Thanks to all especially Gerald and Misty for all of your culinary delights.
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #78
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,827
It was fun this weekend. I only have a couple of pictures, kalonji was the unofficial photographer. Sorry Laura there were no muddy pictures. The only rain we had was while we were eating lunch.

boybrushedplad

kalonji

scooterGdawg's bike

riverhwki also took a number of pictures this weekend. I look forward to seeing more pictures posted soon.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 07:40 PM   #79
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
It was fun this weekend. I only have a couple of pictures, kalonji was the unofficial photographer. Sorry Laura there were no muddy pictures. The only rain we had was while we were eating lunch.

boybrushedplad

kalonji

scooterGdawg's bike

riverhwki also took a number of pictures this weekend. I look forward to seeing more pictures posted soon.

and the award for most eclectic group of photos goes to....
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:44 AM   #80
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,827
Our route before lunch

This is the route we took before lunch riding to Fort Fremont, the Old Sheldon Church ruins, Auldbrass Plantation, Donnelley Wildlife Management area, and down to Bennetts Point.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...f2b2dbc03&z=10
Attached Files
File Type: gpx hunting1_1.gpx (42.4 KB, 65 views)
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #81
striperjunky
Go team "Venture" !!!!!

Oddometer: 148
Camping trip

Wow...that was a hoot! It was good to see the old regulars and meet some new ADV'ers. Kudos go out to ScooterG and Misty for an awesome set up and killer meal prep. You guys know how to rock an camping trip!!! Many thanx to the rest of the support crew for all of its efforts!!

Me,Stacy, and Jim had a ton of fun meeting and greeting everyone!! This is the kind of camping trip that makes it all worth while. Thanx go out to Kolonji for organizing this shindig!! Here are some pix....my apologies for being too cheap to throw them on smugmug.

Jim and his wood

Camp fisktopia

Haystacks Galore!!!!!

Brian

Weston....winner of the wood gathering award

Keith....grabbing his....wood!

Last but not least...Keith riding.....biaaaatch!!!!

Pole dancing was kept to a minimum.....although i did manage to get really drunk the first day and trip over the water spigot.

Where to next kiddies!!!

striperjunky screwed with this post 04-19-2011 at 06:56 PM
striperjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:28 AM   #82
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjunky View Post
although i did manage to get really drunk the first day
yea, me too

thanks for the pics....i never seen the bikes with all the wood til now
Old 04-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #83
Todd022
Starbucks Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
this looks like it was awesome....let's do another one soon! the weather is just now getting nice! hotter the better
Todd022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #84
striperjunky
Go team "Venture" !!!!!

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
Been back several hrs now. All i can say is wow! Those who didnt go? Ya, u missed out.

Twas good to meet all the new folks, Mark, i wanna hear more bout your south america travels, too bad we didnt start that conversation sooner. Stacy, rocky, cant wait to read of ur round america travels starting this summer. You guys and jimmy are a hoot and we enjoyed hangin by the fire in ur camp.
Justin, thanks for organizing this shindig, great time i beleive was had by all and we appreciate you. Marty, appreciate u hangin back and ridin back to camp last night. Westin, thanks for switchin seats with me, just hollar when its a good time for u to switch back. Brian, thanks for gettin us on track and down the right roads and just for coming out to join. Keith, always fun havin u around, too bad things didnt work out with the bartendar :-) and tha nks for the double stuff :-)
Ryan, thanks for the route, gotta be tuff planning it from 3 hrs away, it was a great route with mucho dirt, gravel and sand. Thank u for the floaties :-) simple yet effective, not sure how much of it was suppose to be a joke and how much was for caring, but bravo, helped alot dude. And thanks for ridin back with me today. Friday at moe's is on me :-). Lindsay, thanks for keepin Misty company on the ride to and fro and just for coming along.

To all who helped set camp, break camp, helped prepare food or clean dishes, thank you all. We had a great time and look forward to the next venture cos of all you great people !
Gdawg,
This is how me and Stacy are planning our trip!!

Homebrews and pizza!!!....and a shot of leg on the side!!!

striperjunky screwed with this post 04-20-2011 at 06:04 PM
striperjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:19 PM   #85
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Papa johns! Hell yea! Nuttin like a little leg on the side
Old 04-20-2011, 06:47 PM   #86
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
Papa johns! Hell yea! Nuttin like a little leg on the side
Aww G, Misty's a nice and pretty lady, you shouldn't be thinking of anything "on the side."

Draechon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #87
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post
Aww G, Misty's a nice and pretty lady, you shouldn't be thinking of anything "on the side."
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 AM   #88
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draechon View Post

if thats' how that came out, i didn't mean for it to....

i am a one woman man, and Misty is my woman
Old 04-21-2011, 01:54 PM   #89
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,721
Ride Report from the Camping Trip

Well I got home with a couple unexplained bruises. I'm sure the rum had nothing to do with that. Wait.....I mean delicious juice we were drinking.

Let me start from the beginning..........

The weather forecast for the weekend got worse every time I looked at it. Going from 30% chance of T-storms to 60% chance with very strong winds and possible large hail.... so I stopped checking it.

After checking in and setting up camp a few of us ventured back into town for dinner at Outback we were really roughing it. More like giving the waitress a rough time. She started by dumping a glass of water on boybrushedplad. Next, she offered him a pair of dry pants she had in the back. Then, she proceeded to laugh saying she had none. Every time she returned she was sent for something else. Poor thing. To top it off caycek5 set a trap for the bus boy. Something like this but with forks and full glasses of water.Photobucket Photobucket

Apparently rmb has some tricks/traps he knows how to leave also. He told us of one not to be tried on a table with a table cloth. Ask him how he knows.

After dinner bikes were traded in the parking lot. I learned I didn't want a KLR. And BBP learned that if he had a SV650 he would be lane splitting, doing wheelies and all kinds of fun stuff.

We split ways with Draechon as he went to "meet up" with a girl....ahem... he knows. The rest of us returned to camp for some juice drinking down at camp 199 with Rocky and his pole crew. I mean whole crew. Some had more juice than others. I've never seen anyone drink as much juice as quickly as Gdawg did. Then he and caycek5's wives showed up. I can't tell you a whole lot after that.....

It rained at some point in the night but the sky was surprisingly clear in the morning.

GOOD MORNING SALUTE
Photobucket
Where were my keys all night? In my bike? I'm glad none of the raccoons rode off on it.

After a hearty breakfast of pancakes, fresh picked strawberries, meatless sausage, some hot coffee and a couple of Aleve we started gearing up. Photobucket

With the storm a brewing Rocky, Stacy, and Jimmy stayed to play on the beach. We hung out for rmarkr. He arrived, dropped some gear at rvrhwki's site and we headed out.

The first stop was Fort Freemont. Just a few miles down the road. We quickly learned that our route had a few more U-turns than we remembered planning but we got there.
http://www.sciway.net/hist/fort-frem...na-island.html
It was a pretty cool spot, with wifi, so we could get a little of the history from the above link to share with everyone along with a few cool pics.Photobucket

Photobucket
rmarkr top
boybrushedplad and caycek5 bottoms

Photobucket

more to come....
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #90
RReuphoria
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Excellent pics guys! Is there anything going on this weekend?
RReuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote