ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #91
caycek5
Bionic Man, got Ti

Oddometer: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by RReuphoria View Post
Is there anything going on this weekend?
Oh yeah, party at my house this weekend. We're gonna tear the roof off the mother! Literally

In an effort to beat kalonji to it I'll post it.

The dumpster is slated to be delivered in the morning.

I look forward to seeing more pictures from last weekend. Perhaps they will fill in the blank spots.
caycek5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #92
rmb
AKA Domino (don't ask)

Oddometer: 175
Hey guys, were we suposed to turn left or right when we came off hwy 21?
Somehow I ended up on the banks of the Mississippi river in Vicksburg MS.
On the way back I stopped at the Brabham motor sports museum. Awsome.

From Marty
Attached Images

rmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #93
RReuphoria
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by caycek5 View Post
Oh yeah, party at my house this weekend. We're gonna tear the roof off the mother! Literally

In an effort to beat kalonji to it I'll post it.

The dumpster is slated to be delivered in the morning.

I look forward to seeing more pictures from last weekend. Perhaps they will fill in the blank spots.

I've been contemplating a few different road trips for this weekend (Blue Ridge mountains, Sumpter Forest, etc). But I get a little anxiety going into them woods by myself. lol

Is there any places with a couple curves on the road that isn't so far away?
RReuphoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:12 PM   #94
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by RReuphoria View Post
I've been contemplating a few different road trips for this weekend (Blue Ridge mountains, Sumpter Forest, etc). But I get a little anxiety going into them woods by myself. lol

Is there any places with a couple curves on the road that isn't so far away?

hwy 200 & hwy 34 up in the Great Falls area
boybrushedplad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #95
striperjunky
Go team "Venture" !!!!!

Oddometer: 148
Right on Weston!! I'm looking for the extra dirty pix that have not been filtered yet!!! Like where scootrDawg is rifling his drinks via kalonji's sweaty palms!!! Man.....i remember at least a dozen!! That was at the point where i got vertigo and crashed into the water spigot!!!! Stacy had to do the crawl,crawl drag,drag to get her old man into the tent!!!!

Rocky
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #96
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Oddometer: 1,720
I'm back from my hiatus, so..... where were we?

Just leaving Fort Freemont with this motley crew I believe.
Photobucket

We made it about 100 yards before rmb aka "domino" needed a break.

Photobucket

always laying around

Photobucket

After his quick respite we were off to The ruins of The Chapel of Ease, Lady’s Island where my bike found religion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next stop Old Sheldon Church Ruins

Photobucket

rvrhwki gave a history lesson that I missed and caycek5 would not repeat so I can't tell you about that. Thanks guys..

Photobucket

draechon worked on his six pack

Photobucket

Then we were off to Bennet's Point where we found a locked gate, well it wasn't locked so much as wrapped with a chain so we let ourselves in. Some more prudent than others stayed behind. This road is always saturated muddy and slippery. Guaranteed for a good picture. Except today was the first time I had ever seen it dry so no muddy pics as hoped for.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Then we were off to lunch via some random dirt roads. I managed to hold everyone up.

Photobucket

We had lunch at Josie's in Yemassee, sorry no pics. Outbackdave joined up with the crew to break bread. It was nice meeting another fellow ADVer and FF. The only time it rained was while we were inside. Someone noticed and everyone scrambled outside to get their helmets. After lunch, we decided that we had pushed our luck with the storms that day and headed back to Hunting Island. On the way draechon and caycek5 admitted that they like fishdicks...
Photobucket

Upon returning we stopped by the infamous site 199 aka center of all debauchery where we noticed they had a nice pile of fire wood. They told of of an abandoned pile at another site that they "borrowed" it from. We decided to "borrow" some too.

Third place went to caycek5 and Scooty Puff Sr. Here's Ryan consoling his bike.
Photobucket

Second place went to rvrhwki and his 650 with "electric start"
Photobucket

First place goes to ATGATT boybrushedplad on his KLR

Photobucket

Yes I know it's sideways...notice the footwear.

Here's Misty making ANOTHER AWESOME MEAL!!! We all can't say enough thanks to Misty and Gerald for catering
Photobucket
Here she was preparing haystacks. Essentially a taco salad of sorts broken down and delicious! Start with a base of Frito's. Then add some chili on top with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, sour cream and I think that about covers it. There was enough for everyone to have seconds too. I think a couple of people went back for thirds even.

BTW if you didn't know everything was meatless and if you weren't told you probably didn't know!

Time for more [I]juice[I] and tall tales.
Photobucket
Photobucket
caycek5 very focused
Photobucket
Here's Jimmy, at least I think its Jimmy, he looks just like that other guy Rocky... after a little rum or a lot of rum you try telling them apart. He looks like he's had a lot. I wonder who he thinks I am right now.
Photobucket
Now, here's Rocky with his wife StacyPhotobucketI told you they look alike. They even have on the same outfit to confuse you more.

J/k here's Rocky
Photobucket
He claims to be better looking, bigger (not going there), but has a smaller bike (nor there).

How old are you?
Photobucket

If you ever wondered what hammock camping was like....
Photobucket

The next morning we broke down camp after another awesome meal from Misty and the crew that pitched in to help her.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We rode out as a group over to the Light House on Hunting Island for a couple of photos
Photobucket
Photobucket

All I can say is thanks for that Keith
kalonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #97
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Here are some other noteworthy pictures

Photobucket
Photobucket

all juice up and nowhere to brush
Photobucket

some of the wildlife
Photobucket
Old 05-01-2011, 10:08 AM   #98
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Thanks to all of you that made this a memorable weekend.
Old 05-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #99
kg4lho
Outside Sellin'

Oddometer: 1,074
Nice trip report!

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If any man hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me." Jesus, Revelation 3:20

My KTM 620 RXC & Where I Ride.

Whats in the stable
'91 Honda ST1100
'98 KTM 620RXC
'99 Honda VFR800
kg4lho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #100
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
good times for sure.... thanks for posting this up justin......
Old 05-03-2011, 09:22 PM   #101
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

awesome job- thanks Justin
Old 05-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #102
kalonji OP
nihilism or nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4lho View Post
Nice trip report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterGdawg View Post
good times for sure.... thanks for posting this up justin......
Quote:
Originally Posted by boybrushedplad View Post
awesome job- thanks Justin
Thanks, your welcome and no problem. It was fun. I pm'd twistydave about planning the next one, haven't heard anything from him yet as to a plan being initiated. If anyone wants to step up to the plate let us know, otherwise I can try and get a concensus on the next site. I would just need some help on the ride since I think we will be looking at doing it in the upstate. Personally, Land, would be at the top of my list for something of this sort. Not that I've ever met the man.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #103
boybrushedplad
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalonji View Post
If anyone wants to step up to the plate let us know, otherwise I can try and get a concensus on the next site. I would just need some help on the ride since I think we will be looking at doing it in the upstate. Personally, Land, would be at the top of my list for something of this sort. Not that I've ever met the man.

I was speaking with G-dawg and I reallly liked his idea-- maybe he will bust in here and lay down some specifics for the general ADV public?
Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 AM   #104
scooterGdawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
well, if i remember correctly, it had to do with Staying/camping at one of the many motorcycle ONLY campgrounds either in NC or GA, most likely NC...
many to choose but i have stayed at the blue ridge motorcycle campground twice and really enjoy that place... they have cabins for those who rather not tent camp as do most of them. Iron Horse is another, and then one in Tellico TN which is probably too far to reach on a friday after work type thing. Which leads to me to this, anything even in NC would be hard for many to reach on a friday night. i think it's almost 3hrs to get to the blue ridge motorcycle campground from columbia...add another 1.5 hrs from charleston...charleston and florence folks being the questionable folks on friday..... but maybe not.....

these location are way better for several reasons, including, alcohol consumption..... but table rock state park is upstate and makes for easy access to NC roads.....

i'm sure some of the other places do as well, but i know BRMC serves breakfest.... :-) but they don't allow cars over the bridge, which could be an issue if there is a car loaded with goodies.....

anyway, this is what i had shared with westin.....as a possible camping trip
Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #105
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,112
I stayed at Iron Horse for a Horizons Unlimited meeting a while back. HU was pretty boring, but I definitely would stay at the campground again. They do have cabins for those wanting a bit of privacy, a bunkhouse for those not wanting to bring a tent, and pretty nice campsites alongside a creek running through the middle of camp. Beautiful scenery.

They do serve breakfast and dinner, but you have to plan those out when you check in. The owner of the place actually instructs some of the HU classes, one that I went to was tire changing for tubed tires. He demonstrated with his Trans Alp, and had the tube taken off and replaced in 5 minutes with only soap, water, and two tire irons.

Draechon is offline   Reply With Quote