User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #1
checkenbach OP
n00b

Oddometer: 5
R.I.P. Michael Neher(DownAgain)

Michael Neher (DownAgain) had an accident at Glamis Dunes on Monday and died as a result of injuries sustained.
Details are a bit sketchy, but it appears he was riding up a dune, the bike caught traction, flipped, and landed on him.
Godspeed Bro, R.I.P.
Chris

checkenbach screwed with this post 11-27-2010 at 09:34 PM
checkenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:55 PM   #2
WARRIORPRINCEJJ
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,715
When I saw this thread, I remembered him from a coupla' posts in the OC...He was looking for a paddle tire. It seemed like he was really looking forward to riding this week.

What a tragic loss. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest In Peace Michael.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8

WARRIORPRINCEJJ screwed with this post 11-26-2010 at 12:42 AM
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #3
airborndad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,485
airborndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
Mr_Snips
Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer: 352
anyone have more info on what happened?
Mr_Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
NSFW
ktm's "the tourist"

Oddometer: 16,152
michael posted this in the west region forum

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=634963

rest in peace mike.
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:47 AM   #6
Ruffus
Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer: 4,053
Rip

Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you
can feel the true warmth.: wisdom by ??

Reverse Darwinism...he's only alive because he's to stupid to die. : wisdom by AZRamjet

06 Husky TE510
Ruffus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
swingset
Got the knack.

Oddometer: 10,799
Sad to hear, RIP Michael.

swingset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 31,179
Michael has been added to the memorial tread in Inmates.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
jocflier
Dammit, that hurt...

Oddometer: 2,450
RIP
Old 12-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #10
kfcz400
dirt track maniac

Oddometer: 238
damn, a 990 with a paddle tire? thats a lot of motorcycle to come down on you, if that was the case.
kfcz400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
Mr_Snips
Husky BRAAAAAAAAP!

Oddometer: 352
Does anyone have more info on this crash and what happened?
Mr_Snips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #12
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,081
Bluhduh

...Jeez...fuck!n Glamis! The Heart of Assholism.
Maybe I judge as it sounds like he puted himself but just the same.
God Speed Mike. I never new ya.

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #13
impala64chick
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkenbach View Post
Michael Neher (DownAgain) had an accident at Glamis Dunes on Monday and died as a result of injuries sustained.
Details are a bit sketchy, but it appears he was riding up a dune, the bike caught traction, flipped, and landed on him.
Godspeed Bro, R.I.P.
Chris

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone will read this, new to this...I am Mike Neher's oldest sister, Cheryl I would like to know if anyone saw this happen and could give me some info so our family can stop wondering.
impala64chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:16 AM   #14
Sandslinger
Luv-Husqvarna

Oddometer: 72
Damn i hate to hear this. My condolances to his family.
Sandslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #15
ANGRYBUTTCRACK
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I was there with Michael when he passed

Hello,

My name is Kevin. I just joined your site. I was at Oldsmobile Hill in Glamis with my son Ryan, 13, on the Monday that Michael passed. I will give you a brief summation. To his older sister, feel free to call me if you want anymore information, 949-716-4189. I am so sorry for your loss.

Oldsmobile hill is a popular spot within the 250,000 acres of Glamis that people congretate at. On Thanksgiving week, my son and I drove our sand rail and parked at the top of this massive hill to watch the action. Folks open up their machines full throttle and race up the hill. On busy holidays Glamis can have 250,000 people. At Oldsmobile Hill alone, 5,000-10,000+ can congregate during such times. This incident was on a Monday and the hill was essentially empty. I don't think there was more than 100 people at the hill, which is rare.

Michael, on his KTM 990 with a paddle, started in strong and fast to the hill. He was the only person going up or down the hill at that time. It has a small hump at the bottom which many jump and then it's up the steep slope. Somewhere about 1/3 of the way up the hill going really fast Michael wadded up his bike. This isn't out of the ordinary for this hill so when we saw him crash, we didn't think much of it at the time. Many riders crash going up hill, and quickly get to their feet and come back down, however Michael didn't move.

Several first responders quickly moved up to him and as we watched from the top of the hill, I noticed their movement/rythm similar to CPR. After about 10 minutes, We drove partway down the hill and parked to investigate further. I made my son stay in the car and I walked down further to where Michael was. Michael by now was being attended to by no less than a dozen trained medical folk, as the on-duty EMTs had arrived.

Michael's bike was a good 15 feet ahead of him up hill. Fortunately, there were several off duty emt/nurse or fire witnesses and I believe he was 'attended to' and CPR administered within minutes of his crash.

As on-duty first responders arrived, several took turns on Michael doing CPR to no avail. They had multiple 'shocking' machines and were also attaching those machines to Michael. I will NEVER forget the silence on that hill or the erie sound of the computer voice on those machines,.. ". .. continue CPR,... not shockable rythm," etc.

After a good 30 minutes, one of the responders and I made eye contact. They had the machines attached to Michael but never appeared to 'zap' him. I ask with some frustration to her, 'Why don't you 'zap him?' The responder explained to me that it is not like the movies. An individual needs some rythm in order to shock them. The shock just resets the heart and gives the heart a chance to return to a normal rythm. It's not like jumping a car battery which is what I thought.

I have witnessed several deaths in my off-roading experience, including another death on this same hill last year. Michael's death, for me, is one I am personally most 'at peace' with.

He wasn't hit by another vehicle, whenever that happens, we sometimes might want to asses blame or wonder if more care was taken by the 'other party' that the person would still be with us. Also, he showed no visible/gory signs of trama, which is hard to deal with/see. Michael looked entirely at peace and it was clear to me, he was gone. I felt as though they were working on a manequin. He had left his vessel. I remember looking up and around this beautiful place and thinking that Michael was floating away with a smile.

He was much too young to pass, but I take solice in that he passed doing what he loved, throttle pinned, I'm sure a grin ear to ear. Personally, that is how I'd like to go, albiet at a much later age.

For any of you who have crashed hard. You know that it is an extremely fast/violent event. Michael was most likely gone in an instant and I believe never knew it was coming or suffered at all.

For folks who have never been to Glamis, there are inherent dangers with regard to terrain (sand), drop-offs, and potential contact with other vehicles, as with any riding area. I attend often and would be happy to host and help any ADVriders who want to see this beautiful place.

I am so happy to have found your website, but I wish it had been through other circumstances.

RIP fellow rider. You died doing what you love.

I tried to attach pictures of Oldsmobile Hill and Glamis, but it says failed. Maybe I'm too junior of a member to do that. If anyone wants some photos, you can email me at sales@qieparts.com.

Sincerely,

Kevin/ANGRYBUTTCRACK
Attached Images

ANGRYBUTTCRACK screwed with this post 01-06-2011 at 08:56 PM
ANGRYBUTTCRACK is offline   Reply With Quote