Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #166
ManiacalChicken
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWM View Post
So,,whats everyone using for chain guides and chain sliders?

For some reason i can find any for my 08 450.

Or whats the cross over number from a KTM model?
I just bought a guard from brp did not receive it yet but picture looks nice.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:13 AM   #167
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,383
Called the local dealer today.The chainguide is the same as 07 an up KTM nonlinkage swingarm,,,but he said he couldn't find a crossover for the slider.He did say he can order an OEM from Berg.

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #168
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,746
Quote:
Called the local dealer today.The chainguide is the same as 07 an up KTM nonlinkage swingarm,,,but he said he couldn't find a crossover for the slider.He did say he can order an OEM from Berg.
TMdesignworks RFS type works fine, it doesn't have the last bolt but I never had one break. The black color is the strongest comp material they carry.
Problem with OEM type is they bend on rocks because of the aluminum housing.

2007 Berg

Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #169
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
TMdesignworks RFS type works fine, it doesn't have the last bolt but I never had one break. The black color is the strongest comp material they carry.
Problem with OEM type is they bend on rocks because of the aluminum housing.

2007 Berg

The stock chain guide on my 07 XC200W fits all three holes.So i figured i'd grab a TM for that,,,in blue.
My problem is the chain slider.
The bike had a 15t front on it at one point,and theres nothing left of the slider at the swingarm.
The local dealer said bring the bike up and we'll put chain sliders on it till we find one that matches up.Or we'll order a OEM.
I will post what i find.

AWM screwed with this post 01-31-2012 at 05:35 PM
Old 01-31-2012, 06:00 PM   #170
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,253
Quote:
The local dealer said bring the bike up and we'll put chain sliders on it till we find one that matches up.Or we'll order a OEM.
I will post what i find.
Tell Tim I said hi!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #171
Bushmechanic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post

Bushie, are you tearing up your fancy Kevlar/glass fuel tanks?
yes-sir!

big scratches everywhere now

the wonky bits you can see in that pic are imperfections in the last fancy Kevlar "beautification" layup

frame build http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13268
engine http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12131
Bushmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #172
Ridin'nFishin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
05 fe 450

I just purchased my first Husaberg.

I really like it, Rekluse and all. I am having to learn this bike as I work on it. I have already changed the battery cables, adjusted the valves, built a seat for my old aging butt, still working on the jetting as it has a low end hesitation when you hammer it and now I need to do something with the water coming out the weep hole.

What do I do to cure this problem and is ther a way to keep it from doing it again? I went online to look at parts needed and talked to Rick at Boss, he has the stock parts on hand. Is there an easy way to do this without pulling the large cover off and only pulling the water pump off?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #173
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multisurface Rider View Post

I really like it, Rekluse and all. I am having to learn this bike as I work on it. I have already changed the battery cables, adjusted the valves, built a seat for my old aging butt, still working on the jetting as it has a low end hesitation when you hammer it and now I need to do something with the water coming out the weep hole.

What do I do to cure this problem and is ther a way to keep it from doing it again? I went online to look at parts needed and talked to Rick at Boss, he has the stock parts on hand. Is there an easy way to do this without pulling the large cover off and only pulling the water pump off?

Thanks

Low end hesitation,,,thats the FCR burp.

They make a kit for it.Not just a Berg thing.Its a FCR thing,,i think thumper racing makes the spring kit.
You can save a few bucks and just keep it rev'd up and out of lower curve.

I'm sure Rick,can,and will answer any questions you have,,i've herd nothing but good things about him and his company.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:15 PM   #174
Bushmechanic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multisurface Rider View Post

Thanks
its not easy but you can get the old seal out either with self tappers or with hooked seal picks patience is key, it takes time for the seal to slide, apply lube, minimal force and wait. oil seal is close to the other side too

if it doesn't work just remove the cover not hard except have to be careful with the kick starter shaft, keep it pushed in or else may have to remove the clutch basket to reset the kick starter mousetrap.

frame build http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13268
engine http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12131
Bushmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #175
Ridin'nFishin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Thanks

AWM & Bushmechanic, thanks for the info. That is what Rick told me, I am hard headed sometimes, I like trying to figure out a short/easy way to do things, sometimes it's not worth the effort. I may try to remove the seal before I pull the cover, thou I may pull it anyway because I will more than likely change the kick starter and gear shift seals also.

The bike is alwsome and easy to ride.

Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #176
Bluetonguejak
Adventure Seeker

Oddometer: 82
In memory

Just sorting some photos and came across my old 501 (for sale picture with ADR gear back on)

Had to let her go a few years ago after 17500kms of trailriding.

I remember the early days, everybody cringing when I rolled her off the trailer for for fear the Hassleberg would not go the distance. The reputation of the marque was not good.

This bike was one out of the box - the only breakdown it ever had was in the shed when the stator shit itself. This bike changed many opinions about bergs. Blew the wheels off everything else for years.

Unfortunately the following couple of models near destroyed the brand (In Oz) till the 550 restored some faith.

High maintenance - not really. Removed the stator cover at the end of every days ride to let it dry-out. Seen all sorts of ideas tried - breather hoses, drains, o-rings, etc. but letting it air out did the job. No more problems.

Changed cam follower rollers every year before big desert trip. Always found a bit of wear on the pins.
Changed oil every couple of rides and kept clean air filters on it. Were known to change filters mid ride, especially when dusty!

Had the usual little breakages - stand (made homemade HD) radiator brackets (made homemade HD).
Only mods were shortened muffler x 100mm (and remove last chamber) Still stealth quite till on the noise.
Was well jetted and economical. Developed 56HP on the dyno.

Had all the good shit standard - a bike well before its time. Would still hold its own today.
Moved to the Orange for a while and now back @ 70degrees. (even dusted off the Four Stroke Force gear!)

Best of luck to you guys that have the earlier models, I hope you also have got a good one.

Bluetonguejak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #177
porschepatrick912
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Hey berg world I am looking at picking up a 1998 600 electric start that is street titled in California but is currently non op. The owner says he bought it knowing that one of the starter gears for the electric start is stripped so its currently kick start only. The owner also says its hard to start becasue it floods easy and he does not know the kick start procedure... neither do I Anyways he is asking $1000 for it.. is this a good deal, should I run away from this or what? Are there any common issues related to these bikes and for the life of me I can't find parts online for it... how hard is it going to be for me to get the starter gear stuff?

Thanks for any input!

here is the craiglist link http://visalia.craigslist.org/mcy/2780187622.html
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #178
BergDonk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by porschepatrick912 View Post
Hey berg world I am looking at picking up a 1998 600 electric start that is street titled in California but is currently non op. The owner says he bought it knowing that one of the starter gears for the electric start is stripped so its currently kick start only. The owner also says its hard to start becasue it floods easy and he does not know the kick start procedure... neither do I Anyways he is asking $1000 for it.. is this a good deal, should I run away from this or what? Are there any common issues related to these bikes and for the life of me I can't find parts online for it... how hard is it going to be for me to get the starter gear stuff?

Thanks for any input!

here is the craiglist link http://visalia.craigslist.org/mcy/2780187622.html
Good place for Berg support, especially for older ones is at UHE
http://www.husaberg.org/
Check out the Owners Doc link on the left.

Hard starting is usually a combo of carb, valve adjustment, and sometimes stator. With and FCR and 'Sparks' stator I can start my 98 501 by hand cranking the kicker when hot. The Dellortos can be problematic, especially the float levels, and if the intake valves are out, it'll never start easily. the exhaust need to be right to so the decomp works as intended.

Should start with a couple of kicks hot or cold when you have it right, including the left foot technique. Tough things once sorted, close to 34,000 kms now on my 98.

Value, dunno....

Steve
Old 02-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #179
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
The 03 FE650 in Reno for 2k looks more gooder but not plated.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #180
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 663
Speaking of bergs for sale..

There's a 2006 Fe 650 plated with only 800 miles. Craigslist in Ashville NC.

Somebody go get it!
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote