Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 12:37 AM   #106
Huskyfatman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencergt66 View Post
Where did you get the Tank I've been looking for an oversize tank for my 650
Got it at Offroadboss, Rick was the one who originally had Clarke build the tank, but I understand it's now out of production. I think you can still get the subframe .08 tank, which kinda $$. I got one from Rick not too long ago, but haven't mounted it yet. It's black, here's one on husaberg.org.

"So I think the WR250R is a primo dual sport, especially for trout bums"-Jäger
Huskyfatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #107
yellowbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Results and a little help

Thought I'd bring this thread back to the top again with some Vegas to Reno results and a request for a little help.

We got 3rd in the Open Expert class and 8th overall.

Of the 12 pro teams that started the race, only 3 of them beat us to the finish line! Not too shabby for three weekend warriors on a bike that was designed in the late 90's.

We finished the race on the same back tire, air filter, and oil that the bike had at the starting line! She never missed a beat!

Now about the help. I've posted earlier that I installed a '97 or '98 engine in a 2003 frame to build "FrankenBerg" the spare bike. Well, I was looking at the spare parts manuals available at husaberg.se and it appears that the engine is actually a 1996 (at the very newest). It would appear that, starting in 1997, Husaberg engines had an oil pump and filter. Mine just has the screen behind the threaded cap just rearward of the base of the cylinder. The engine was sold to me advertised as a 1998 model year but I'm really beginning to doubt that. What I need is a photo of a model year 1997 Husaberg engine on the right side. I would like to rebuild this engine because this bike is super fun to ride. Knowing the year of the engine will help when I go to order the parts. I used it extensively in the last few months during our training for V to R and can say with 100 percent certainty that it is quicker than the '08 550 that we used in the race. It pulls much harder in the bottom end and mid range with about the same top end.

To reiterate, I need a picture of a 1997 model year bike to confirm that it DOES have an oil filter instead of an oil screen. This would confirm that my engine is older than '97.

Tom
Old 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #108
brucifer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,270
Way to go yellowbronco! Nice job!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #109
STFU
Found

Oddometer: 397
Used bike Value?

Im currently looking a nice '07 Husaberg and wanted some input on current market value, as there isnt much out there to compare it to. Its an '07 FE550 with ~50 hrs on it and comes complete with a full SM wheel set as well as the dirt wheels. Bike seems to be good to go mechanicly and has been well maintained. Assume for value purposes it is a "9" out of 10 on condition.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
XR250R
TR200 FATCAT!
STFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 PM   #110
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
Nice work #325 team! I see you've got the stock tank on the '08, next year are you going to use the 4 gallon tank? It's being made once again I heard.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #111
yellowbronco
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
Nice work #325 team! I see you've got the stock tank on the '08, next year are you going to use the 4 gallon tank? It's being made once again I heard.

In our testing, we found that the bike would go 85 miles at race speed on the stock tank. The pit schedule I put together had 74 miles as the longest leg so the stock tank ended up being plenty. Plus, for us old geezers, we decided that anything over 100 miles for a single rider and fatigue would become a factor so the estimated 120 mile range afforded by the big tank was unnecessary. Also, being able to skip pits did not end up being much of an advantage. They instituted a 25mph speed limit in the pits and if we were able to pass a team because they had to pit and we didn't, that team would be right on us at the exit of the pits anyway. It seemed that we were the only ones abiding by the speed limit. We battled with the #207 bike all day. They were on a two-stroke 250 and had to pit at every pit. So, we would pass them at the pits where we didn't have to stop and they would get us back coming out of the pits where we did have to stop.

Now, if BITD decides to make bypasses so vehicles who don't have to pit can stay at race speed, then maybe we'd look into getting into better shape and use the big tank. Incidentally, I found one on craigslist a month before the race and was ready to put it on if the bike couldn't make the 74 mile distance on the stock tank.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:14 AM   #112
Idle
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 610
85 miles in the dirt and racing is pretty good mileage. I am shutting my 650 off, and coasting to conserve fuel after 75 miles.(2.3 gallon tank) I haven't ordered it yet, but will pick up a 4 gallon tank so I can get lost and at least not have to push it. Sending a pm about your '96? engine.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #113
Huskyfatman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idle View Post
Clarke isn't showing one on their website, where did you hear this? I've been thinking about running my stock tank and only using the big one for the rare times I do long rides now.

Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #114
Renazco
Formerly AKA Boejangles

Oddometer: 4,745
I finally got a leak on my Clarke 4 gal tank, fortunately I had a spare but chances are it will happen again.
I'm seeing a fragile spot where the tank mounts are, anybody else get a leak in that area?

Still enjoying my 550, just added my daylight savings lights

Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #115
Huskyfatman
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renazco View Post
I finally got a leak on my Clarke 4 gal tank, fortunately I had a spare but chances are it will happen again.
I'm seeing a fragile spot where the tank mounts are, anybody else get a leak in that area?

Still enjoying my 550, just added my daylight savings lights
When I first got my tank, I called Rick to ask about it having some "thin" spots. He said If I had trouble he'd help me get it replaced. No leaks yet, but now that they seem unavailable I might bolt on my stock tank and save the Clarke for long rides only. Cool lights!

Old 11-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #116
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,097
1996 fe501

On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:58 PM   #117
AWM
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 11,390

Theres a name for people without beards,"Women".
AWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #118
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,097
Stalker
On the plains of hesitation lie the blackened bones of countless millions who at the dawn of victory lay down to rest, and in resting died. The only thing that comes to those who wait is old age. Too many dreams.... Not enough time. Not Scared of dying. Not scared of living. Just scared of the pain that separates the two...
kenny61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #119
scabmachine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
nice bikes everyone .
I just picked this up last week for $1700 ,went from a '96 ktm 620 & i have to say i love this husaberg a lot more .
the guy i bought it from hooked it up with dual batteries & a R6 starter ,starts right up & runs like a champ.

scabmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #120
Rot Box
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Great looking Bergs everyone

Its nice to see pre 98's. They are very few and far between these days it seems.