ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 AM   #16
CHRIS_D
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestrider View Post
Check out www.ktmworld.com .I NEVER have any problems with them, and there $$$ is ALL WAYS LOWER.
Great people there and usually have most items in stock, My only problem is that they have to charge me sales tax because we're both located in Georgia.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #17
BobbyC
n00b

Oddometer: 1,353
A few years ago when I got KTM's, I've tried all the major KTM online shops and always had some problem with all of them except www.ktm-parts.com so I use them the most. I've tried KTMworld.com and they were quick and decent.

Can't say the same for Cycle hutt or munn's racing but this was from 3+ yrs ago. Both charged my card before shipping and if a part was backordered, they wouldn't tell me and then ship it when it was in stock, charging me for shipping for the backordered item w/o telling me, even when the part was a washer ($.50 part, $12 shipping). Happened more than a couple of times so I never used them again.

YMMV.

"I LOVE my bike!!!"
BobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM   #18
Marc LaDue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
I've dealt with them before and have found any problems to be a result of KTM's snaffu, not their's,
LaDue
Marc LaDue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #19
BobbyC
n00b

Oddometer: 1,353
All dealer will have problems with hard to get parts. That wasn't the issue with the 2 I mentioned. KTM-parts.com doesn't charge me for shipping twice when a part is backordered for more than a few days. They'll ship out what comes in (usually a day or two) and then email me when the backordered part is available and ask if I still want it. They only charge what gets shipped and won't charge shipping again for the backordered part, just the part cost. This has happened with the other 2 dealers without even asking AND charge for shipping. I'm not sure what KTMWorld.com would do as I've only used them once recently and didn't have this issue.

"I LOVE my bike!!!"
BobbyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #20
Eldon
950 ADV

Oddometer: 521
Yeah the wife just informed me about the same problem with Cycle hutt and had to cancel her order with them for my birthday present. Oh well. I've used them years ago without a problem but sound like they've been dropping the ball lately.

06 YZ250 Smoker
00 KTM LC-4 - Sold
93 CR125 - Sold
89 CR80 - Sold
84 XR80 - Sold
74 Honda MR50 - Sold and I wish I hadn't
Eldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #21
Gila Monster
Carnivore

Oddometer: 117
I've had great service from KTM hutt and prefer to order from them. It is great to talk to people who actually ride the bikes and have some first hand knowledge. But.... I ALWAYS call in my order to be sure that they have what I'm looking for in stock and to be sure shipping info etc. is correct. It seems like no matter what company I deal with for online ordering I find about 1/3 of orders get screwed up in some way. I learned in grad school that you have to TALK to people to be sure you are getting what you want and even then you better ask 3 different ways.
2008 KTM 300 XCW
Gila Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #22
Velvet
Very smooth

Oddometer: 170
I bought a 2009 KTM RC8 demo bike from them this past August and it was a straight forward deal with no salesman games and they shipped the bike to my door via Con-Way Freight without any hassles.

I have ordered quite a few parts and accessories in the mean time. They have backordered a couple of items but never charged me until the parts were available. I will definitely order from them in the future if the need arises.
Velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #23
Hair
Outside the boxer

Oddometer: 13,721
Being from North Dakota I would try to use them all the time.

After having put up with Jesus quotes, And swapped parts. They sent me some plastic from an MX bike. I ordered EXC. Then they tried to tell me that I could no longer get the EXC graphics. I decided to drop them.
I still use their fiche all the time, I will never order from them again.

Also they got in some trouble with KTMUSA for trying to register domain names for bikes that KTM wanted to produce.

There are just to many good dealers out there who want to earn my business.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
maloryII
more north, more wet

Oddometer: 3,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshakily View Post
I have ordered in the past with success, but always found the quote at the bottom of their website a bit inappropriate.
Never noticed that shit.

They won't be getting any of my business now.

I don't need my KTM parts with a side of Jesus.

"The pen & sword, in accord."
"It's never over in a Rover."
maloryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:19 PM   #25
advjackass
orange crusher

Oddometer: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru View Post
I've had great service from KTM hutt and prefer to order from them. It is great to talk to people who actually ride the bikes and have some first hand knowledge. But.... I ALWAYS call in my order to be sure that they have what I'm looking for in stock and to be sure shipping info etc. is correct. It seems like no matter what company I deal with for online ordering I find about 1/3 of orders get screwed up in some way. I learned in grad school that you have to TALK to people to be sure you are getting what you want and even then you better ask 3 different ways.
+1 great luck with them but i always call.
advjackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
BarkSlayer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
I'd contact Wheelsports KTM/Husaberg in Reynoldsburg, OH. Wally Wilson has been a KTM V-twin dealer from day one and has all of the factory training, special tools and specialized experience you need to service the LC8. He sells a bunch of them, too. Here's his link: http://www.ktmwheelsports.com/

"If guns cause crime, then all of mine are defective." Ted Nugent
BarkSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #27
Dirt Gun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Ya I noticed that religious shit on there and that was that. unless the religion is ROOST "its all just fortune cookies to me" (The messengers) a good movie
Dirt Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #28
Tripndrag
Tripndrag

Oddometer: 76
Always have had great luck with them. My wife always loads me up at Christmas with stuff from there and she has never had trouble either. Even had KTM wrapping paper one year on my presents. Not sure if that was from them or not but it was pretty cool.

I also saw their advertising all over stunt rider TV show on Speed Vision and they showed some employees and their shop. The stunt riders were at an event/parade and stuff. They seem to support a lot of stuff I like, seemed like fun people on the show.
Tripndrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:55 AM   #29
HickOnACrick
Groovinator

Oddometer: 2,496
Seems to be a regional issue. For those in the Rockies and Southwest, looks like Rocky Mountain ATV is now carrying OEM KTM parts:

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oemselect/make/KTM.3

Maybe they were doing it all along, but I never noticed it before. $7 shipping for orders under $100, and free shipping above $100. Even in Texas they have orders to me within a week.

I finally received my order from the Hutt after 3 emails, a phone call, generous shipping charges, and 3 weeks of waiting...still have items on backorder, though. Last time I give them my money, but maybe they are better when you live in the North US.
Utarded in Baja
Circumcising Utah

HickOnACrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:50 AM   #30
Denalidirt
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 911
2 weeks

I placed an order from them 2 weeks ago and still nothing. No order confirm no bo info nada. thinking there is a better choice.
Denalidirt is offline   Reply With Quote