Knoxville,Ca New Year Eve 2004

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by CrazyRider, Jan 2, 2005.

1. CrazyRider

CrazyRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    This is my first try posting with photos, if I screw up just go ahead and woop on me. I allready pretty sore from the ride, the mud is a work out.

Joey and I went to test the Mud New years eve day. The mud was fun but it was like snot. one hill We went down I knew I was in trouble. Should have just kept going down but i didnt know where it went. We are gonna try again when it drys up. It was fun though and the sun cam out for a while, this is why we do it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The crossing had some water running. it was good to wash my truck on the way back

[​IMG]

First hill was ok, I hit a stick on the way up and dumped it, thats 1

[​IMG]

I then went down, thats where I got stupid it was so like snot when i decided i might not be able to go up we turned around. The quad did fine, it likes mud. The KTM tires filled with mud and slip, slide, and fall is what i did up the hill. After about 3 or 4 falls I was too pooped to go so Joey pushed it up the hill for me. He said Gimmie my quad back. Thanks Joey

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Back to riding after that... Joey has no problem
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love the view, makes it worth the ride
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On the way back we had to do one last mud hole, the one behind is about 18" deep and it knocked my feet off the pegs and I was full throttle with my legs following behind. I was way suprized i made it. Joey saw me hit it so he went full throttle and the water just went over him so he was soaked but the smile on his face tells the story for the day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:freaky

Yea I Know I should be in the Orange section but I have BMW in my blood and in my near futurgs.
  2. Madhouse

Madhouse Semi-Goodlookin! Supporter

Oddometer:
    We mix it up a bit in south Alabama when the 4 wheeler dudes let us tag along. They know some pretty interesting places and its fun to watch them tear up their machines in the deep mud that we skirt the edges and avoid if possible. I don`t like 4 wheelers and they don`t like dirt bikes, but we tolerate each other and have fun anyway.
    Great first report!
  3. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I'm a noob here. Just saw your thread, Crazy. I also live in Dixon.
  4. CrazyRider

CrazyRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hea JStory, its good to here there are other Motorcycle enthusiast in Dixon.
    Thanks for posting. :thumb
    My next bike will be the 1200 GS (soon).
    I am also an electrician.
    We should meet sometime to bs and do some riding. :beer
    Jerry & Cyndy West A st
  5. BUBB

BUBB lynch not Zimmerman

Oddometer:

Where in south Alabama are ya? Dothan here.
  6. JStory

Oddometer:
    Hey, Jerry. I'm on West D Street North, just up the street from Silveyville School.
    I can usually be found at Bud's on Fridays after work.
    I've been up to Knoxville once. I was by myself, and those sketchy looking guys in the trailers by the fence made it kinda spooky.
    Definitely up for some riding.
  7. CrazyRider

CrazyRider Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Buds, yea we are regulars there also. i most likely have already seen ya there. Will try to make it this friday :freaky
  8. JStory

Oddometer:
    I forgot-- I'm Jeff.
    I'll probably be in about 5:00.
    6'2", 270#, flattop.

I forgot. I have to pick my kid up from karate. I'll be there from 4-5, then from about 5:30 til ?.