Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2005, 09:11 PM   #16
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
We in the FCR Cult are an open and excepting cult Creep... Come now son, come into the accepting fold of the FCR You too can be saved from the treachery and dismal future that comes from following the god of BST.

Besides, ya got it all ripped apart, no better time to get an acceptable carb in there!

M
Riddles in the dark, rumors of a shadow growing in the east...

heya passy, good news, I got Scuderia West to take me in and do my warranty work! I will be up in SF this saturday so they can put the right battery in, a new neg grounding strap, troubleshoot the electrics (just in case the intermittent ground screwed anything up), replace the rubber seal around the sight glass on the timing side (weeping oil), and uh, that might do it!

he did say, unfortunately, that he doubts he can get me my mofo stickers... the ones that have the model info, tuning specs, etc.

(now that was a proper hijack )

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #17
creeper OP
Still alive...

Oddometer: 10,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
anyways, just wondering if your vavle adjustment guide has pics - I thought it didn't and this would be the opportunity to add them in if you are doing it. (I can't find my PDF copy of your guide; might be at work - hey MODS can we get that stuff in the Hall of Wisdom - PLEASE?!? )
That was the El Plan-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Creepo posto numero uno
While I have them off, I think I'll flush the rads and motor out, do a valve adjust, take a few pics for the valve adjust guide, stare at shit until I can find 5 other things to screw around with... then put it back together.
Old 01-02-2005, 10:24 PM   #18
creeper OP
Still alive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
We in the FCR Cult are an open and excepting cult Creep... Come now son, come into the accepting fold of the FCR You too can be saved from the treachery and dismal future that comes from following the god of BST.

Besides, ya got it all ripped apart, no better time to get an acceptable carb in there!

M
So I take it you are willing to donate your FCR to me? Am I missing something here? *No tengo ningún dinero para tales frivolidades.

*I have no money for such frivolities.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:23 PM   #19
GODSPEED
finger lickin' good

Oddometer: 2,075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff620RXC
It is the cult of the BST that brainwashed him!

Just don't give him any Kool-Aid or he might be "Jones" for something else. That's why he drained his rad. He said something about sending some kool-aid to FCR cult as new years "present"

I'd rather do it than watch it.

Those of you with spouse and SO's know this already, but man give them a big hug, and don't take anything foregranted. - MACK RIP

When 51% of the grasshoppers vote, the ants are screwed.

http://godspeed.smugmug.com/Motorcycles
GODSPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #20
Gary
Another Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 304
Question Pic of radiators...

Creeper,

What is that bracket that looks like a radiator protection bar in your pic, with the radiator cap in the middle of it.

I've got an LC4E w/18 & 11L tank, and I don't have anything like that.

Is it a KTM rad protection bar, if so do you know if it will fit my '01 LC4E? Am

I missing something that I need?

Nice pics.

Thanks.

Gary
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:08 AM   #21
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
That is the ADV tank support. Some SXC owners have talked of modifying them for use as rad guards.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:01 AM   #22
Gary
Another Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 304
Tankk support...

Thanks Mack. That's something to think about. I would like to add a little protection to the radiators. They seem pretty vulnerable to a good side impact when I run with the 11L tank and spoilers. The 18L tank does a good job of protecting them.

Noticed you are looking for a shift lever. Have you checked the price of new? I just paid $43 for a new one for my LC4.

Gary
Gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:52 PM   #23
Mack
Gone, but never forgotten. RIP, Mack...

Oddometer: 3,797
Thanks Gary, but I am looking for the early style lever, as I need the different bend to allow it to be moved down to a lower position, to give me a bit more space for my size 13's.

There was a thread on KTMtalk fairly recently, concerning rad protection for SXC's
Old 01-04-2005, 01:33 PM   #24
clintnz
Trans-Global Chook Chaser

Oddometer: 3,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary
Thanks Mack. That's something to think about. I would like to add a little protection to the radiators. They seem pretty vulnerable to a good side impact when I run with the 11L tank and spoilers.

Gary
Ya got that right. I've dinged my rads in a couple of very minor knocks already, I'm going to build some guards a bit like those soon , watch this space for pics.

Cheers
Clint

The wilderness, the desert - why are they not crowded
.................................................. .....with pilgrims?
clintnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #25
creeper OP
Still alive...

A quick report on things going back together.

Inspected the valve lash.

Last time I checked, they were all a snug .006", and 1800 miles later, including much abuse at Loadedpalooza, and several unkind on and off road rides in Western Washington... they are still a snug .006".
Very impressed with the quality of materials KTM is using in the LC4 valvetrain.

For those that haven' bought a swanky Motion Pro valve lash feeler gauge, here's a couple shots of my el cheepo gauge made from three feeler gauge blades epoxyed together.

Had to do a little thread repair as well. Threads weren't pulled out but have been "snug" since the bike was new... so just a little dress-up and the bolt spins right in.

One last point of intrest. should you want (need?) to remove your radiators... loosen the main dash support at the steering head (center of the image) and pull the bolts connecting the dash support stringers to the radiator guard/tank mount... before removing the front two radiator guard/tank mount bolts on either side.
When everything is tight, the guard/mount bolts can be in quite a bind and chew the threads on both the bolts and the threaded frame inserts.
I had to replace 3 of the 6 radiator mount bolts because the threads were smashed flat from tension... and rust

That's about it,
Creep

creeper screwed with this post 01-09-2005 at 04:41 PM
creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
jamesmsims
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Radiator Braces

Creeper,

Thanks so much for all your fantastically informative posts. I hope you don't mind my adding some info on the billet aluminum Bullet Proof radiator braces that I just installed on my 2003 625 SXC.

https://www.bulletproofdesigns.com

I find the radiators on the SXC to be quite vulnerable to a fall. Since this bike was older and had been sitting when I bought it, I also flushed the coolant, adding Engine Ice and replaced all the hoses and clamps. So far, I am pleased with these braces but have not taken the sort of fall yet that will prove that they truly take the impact of a fall off of the radiators.

James
2008 KTM 690 SMC
2003 KTM 625 SXC

2005 BMW R1200GS

Life just seems better when flying along on two wheels.

jamesmsims screwed with this post 11-24-2013 at 09:08 PM
jamesmsims is offline   Reply With Quote