ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 02:34 PM   #226
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Hello Matteo,

I'm in the USA. I was the one inquiring about the Carbo Track gauntlets earlier :) Three days away! Anyway, thank you for the information. I suppose that particular dealer has decided to no longer stock the boots. I am going to locate a pair from another dealer.

On another note, is the only color combination White/Red?
I believe you were talking about XP7 WRS indeed, which is in fact discontinued in USA.
You can buy from this link here.


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM   #227
dadsafrantic
Chef?
 
dadsafrantic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Mare Island, CA.
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi dadsfrantic.

Gradus is heavier than Superstorm, features Multitech protectors included (are optional in Superstorm) and removable thermal liner (fixed in Superstorm).

Anyway, Superstorm could be good for commuting day by day use, thanks to its lateral vertical zips.
Don't forget to add Multitech protectors to the pants.


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
so the marathon pants are not a good choice for daily commuting?
__________________
06 Capo bought new in 09. 56.9k miles 6/29/12
06 GS 500F new in 06 sold with 49,000 miles in 09
lots of bikes many years earlier
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:52 PM   #228
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
spidi pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so the marathon pants are not a good choice for daily commuting?
Dadsfrantic,

Marathon is studied for long distance rides. Of course they perform great, and materials are top-end; but fit is quite technical and I wouldn't suggest to use over your casual pants.

If Superstorm is not enough for you, believe Gradus is the pants you need.
You can check it here


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #229
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,690
Matteo,
can you compare your Tenax fabric to others on the market for abrasion resistance? Is it comparable to 500d cordura? 1000d? How about the mesh fabric used in the Netforce?

Looking for a summer jacket, but don't like/want full mesh. Which jacket would vent better between the Marathon and the Venture? They both look to have similar, if not the same, venting?? Would you consider the Venture or the Marathon a warm weather jacket? The Marathon looks great on spec, but just too loud for my tastes. Is there a good jacket in the Spidi line that vents well, but doesn't have 4 season capability? I don't want or need a thermal liner for example.

Thanks
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #230
dadsafrantic
Chef?
 
dadsafrantic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Mare Island, CA.
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Dadsfrantic,

Marathon is studied for long distance rides. Of course they perform great, and materials are top-end; but fit is quite technical and I wouldn't suggest to use over your casual pants.


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
so if i do get the marathon pants what is my option for getting more warmth added? also the waist size seems to be somewhat on the small size. the revzilla site has the spidi sizes like this - 2XL, 56, 86.4-91.4, 86.4 the spidi size chart pdf has the pants sized like this - xxl waist is 112-118 cm. which is correct? the revzilla size seems awfully small. 34-36 inch waist? wow.
__________________
06 Capo bought new in 09. 56.9k miles 6/29/12
06 GS 500F new in 06 sold with 49,000 miles in 09
lots of bikes many years earlier
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #231
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Netforce and Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Matteo,
can you compare your Tenax fabric to others on the market for abrasion resistance? Is it comparable to 500d cordura? 1000d? How about the mesh fabric used in the Netforce?

Looking for a summer jacket, but don't like/want full mesh. Which jacket would vent better between the Marathon and the Venture? They both look to have similar, if not the same, venting?? Would you consider the Venture or the Marathon a warm weather jacket? The Marathon looks great on spec, but just too loud for my tastes. Is there a good jacket in the Spidi line that vents well, but doesn't have 4 season capability? I don't want or need a thermal liner for example.

Thanks
Hi Jim,

Tenax Fabric equipping some Spidi jackets is a high performing polyammide, which we can't compare to Corduras, even because there's not only one "Cordura 500" or "Cordura 1000"; every fabric producer gives the fabric different characteristics.

Anyway, Marathon and Venture are basically very similar jackets in terms of fabrics, layers, ventilation. The major plus in Marathon are: enhanced reflective zones, EST collar closure system, Hydroback hydration system-ready, slightly bigger sizing.

Netforce is similar to Marathon and Venture, but features huge zones of mesh: this mesh is probably the best available now, in terms of abrasion resistance. It's a special Swiss fabric, named Dinatech Shoeller® high resistance mesh, with high abrasion performance comparable to Tenax.



Its ventilation is superb.
If you don't need or like the thermal liner, you can just take off and forget about it.


If you don't need the 4-seasons and only need the waterproof liner, you can also consider the short version of Netforce, named Netrycom



Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #232
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Marathon pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so if i do get the marathon pants what is my option for getting more warmth added? also the waist size seems to be somewhat on the small size. the revzilla site has the spidi sizes like this - 2XL, 56, 86.4-91.4, 86.4 the spidi size chart pdf has the pants sized like this - xxl waist is 112-118 cm. which is correct? the revzilla size seems awfully small. 34-36 inch waist? wow.
Hi dadsafrantic,

sorry I don't understand the point about more warmth, maybe you refer to some inner pants like the following: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...plus-legs.html
About sizing, Marathon pants fit very small, so if you don't mind, pass me your measurements and I'll get back to you with the perfect size for you.

Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #233
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Jim,

Tenax Fabric equipping some Spidi jackets is a high performing polyammide, which we can't compare to Corduras, even because there's not only one "Cordura 500" or "Cordura 1000"; every fabric producer gives the fabric different characteristics.

Anyway, Marathon and Venture are basically very similar jackets in terms of fabrics, layers, ventilation. The major plus in Marathon are: enhanced reflective zones, EST collar closure system, Hydroback hydration system-ready, slightly bigger sizing.

Netforce is similar to Marathon and Venture, but features huge zones of mesh: this mesh is probably the best available now, in terms of abrasion resistance. It's a special Swiss fabric, named Dinatech Shoeller® high resistance mesh, with high abrasion performance comparable to Tenax.



Its ventilation is superb.
If you don't need or like the thermal liner, you can just take off and forget about it.


If you don't need the 4-seasons and only need the waterproof liner, you can also consider the short version of Netforce, named Netrycom



Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thanks Matteo,
I appreciate the response, and I understand what you're saying about Cordura. However, that doesn't really tell me anything about Tenax. Everybody claims that they're proprietary fabric is better than everyone else. Do you have any test results from it that you can show?

The Netrycom jacket looks like just what I'm looking for, but it doesn't appear that it is available in the US. Or, is it?? Looks great.

Thanks again
Jim
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #234
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Netforce and Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Thanks Matteo,
I appreciate the response, and I understand what you're saying about Cordura. However, that doesn't really tell me anything about Tenax. Everybody claims that they're proprietary fabric is better than everyone else. Do you have any test results from it that you can show?

The Netrycom jacket looks like just what I'm looking for, but it doesn't appear that it is available in the US. Or, is it?? Looks great.

Thanks again
Jim
Hi Jim,

I will be back to you with fabric results in the next few days.
In the meanwhile, please note you can buy Netrycom directly form this page.
Delivery to US takes 2 to 5 days.


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:08 AM   #235
levain
STILL Jim Williams
 
levain's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Providence, RI
Oddometer: 6,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Jim,

I will be back to you with fabric results in the next few days.
In the meanwhile, please note you can buy Netrycom directly form this page.
Delivery to US takes 2 to 5 days.


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
When do you sleep

If I buy direct, is it VAT free to the US? Is there a level 2 back pad available that will fit in the pocket. It's unclear what level the warrior pad is linked from the netrycom page?

I was able to find some info on the fabrics used in this video. Is that accurate information? The mesh sounds very similar to the Scholler Air mesh that Motoport uses. Does the Netrycom use the same Tenax and Tenax flex? Those aren't listed under materials. Cordura is though! Safety is high on my list, and I like to know what I'm buying.

Does the jacket ship with an opposing zipper that can be sewed onto pants?

If I was to buy direct, can any warranty issues be handled through a US dealer or would it need to go back to Italy?

Thanks!!
__________________
Click Here!
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
2008 Yamaha WR250R
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #236
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Netforce and Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
When do you sleep

If I buy direct, is it VAT free to the US? Is there a level 2 back pad available that will fit in the pocket. It's unclear what level the warrior pad is linked from the netrycom page?

I was able to find some info on the fabrics used in this video. Is that accurate information? The mesh sounds very similar to the Scholler Air mesh that Motoport uses. Does the Netrycom use the same Tenax and Tenax flex? Those aren't listed under materials. Cordura is though! Safety is high on my list, and I like to know what I'm buying.

Does the jacket ship with an opposing zipper that can be sewed onto pants?

If I was to buy direct, can any warranty issues be handled through a US dealer or would it need to go back to Italy?

Thanks!!
Hi Jim

people in that video are very qualified, the description is accurate.
The mesh is Dynatech Schoeller .
Netrycom has same fabrics as Netforce (a part from aluminized thermal liner).
Level 1 Back Protector and Level 1 Chest Protector are optional.

If you buy from Italy, all assistance is direct from Italy.
You can buy Netforce or Venture in USA of course, even online from dealers like Revzilla, Compacc or many others.
You can find USA dealer list at this page

Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #237
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper
 
moggi1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Madison, NJ
Oddometer: 455
Matteo,

do you do the Netforce without the additional layers? Given that I have the Ergo Expedition already I was thinking I might consider the Netforce if the summer proves to be too much for Ergo (only time will tell).

Thanks.
__________________
Moggi1964

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #238
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Netforce and Venture

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
Matteo,

do you do the Netforce without the additional layers? Given that I have the Ergo Expedition already I was thinking I might consider the Netforce if the summer proves to be too much for Ergo (only time will tell).

Thanks.
Hi moggi,

Netforce without liners and Ergo 365 Pro without liners are kind of similar for summer use. Of course Netforce is better,cause Ergo is a bit heavier, Netforce is a bit lighter and mesh areas are larger ok, but we can say they are similar in terms of summer-proofness.

If you want something much lighter, with big mesh areas, why don't consider Netix:



Netix is a 90% mesh jacket, equipped with Forcetech protectors on shoulders and elbows, with Warrior back and Chest protectors as optional (you can use the ones you already had with Ergo).




And, if you're looking for the LIGHTEST jacket, please check our popular Multitech Armour, you can find already a lot of information in this post here (now available in grey color also).



You can check some reviews and buy in USA at these links:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...h-armor-jacket
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...or-Jacket.aspx
http://www.compacc.com/p/Spidi-Multitech-Armor-Jacket



Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 04-16-2012 at 02:16 PM
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #239
dadsafrantic
Chef?
 
dadsafrantic's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Mare Island, CA.
Oddometer: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi dadsafrantic,

sorry I don't understand the point about more warmth, maybe you refer to some inner pants like the following: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...plus-legs.html
About sizing, Marathon pants fit very small, so if you don't mind, pass me your measurements and I'll get back to you with the perfect size for you.

Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
I am 5'10" 220 lbs 40" waistline, 30" inseam.
__________________
06 Capo bought new in 09. 56.9k miles 6/29/12
06 GS 500F new in 06 sold with 49,000 miles in 09
lots of bikes many years earlier
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #240
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Spidi - on track's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 323
Marathon pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
I am 5'10" 220 lbs 40" waistline, 30" inseam.
Hi dadsafrantic,

go with the 2xl, it will be maybe a bit longer but in riding position will be fine.
And let me know when you test them.


Thanks again for your interest


Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
__________________
Established in 1977, Spidi is a world leader in technical motorcycle apparel.

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014