Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #241
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 556
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi moggi,

Netforce without liners and Ergo 365 Pro without liners are kind of similar for summer use. Of course Netforce is better,cause Ergo is a bit heavier, Netforce is a bit lighter and mesh areas are larger ok, but we can say they are similar in terms of summer-proofness.

If you want something much lighter, with big mesh areas, why don't consider Netix:

Netix is a 90% mesh jacket, equipped with Forcetech protectors on shoulders and elbows, with Warrior back and Chest protectors as optional (you can use the ones you already had with Ergo).

And, if you're looking for the LIGHTEST jacket, please check our popular Multitech Armour, you can find already a lot of information in this post here (now available in grey color also).

You can check some reviews and buy in USA at these links:
http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...h-armor-jacket
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...or-Jacket.aspx
http://www.compacc.com/p/Spidi-Multitech-Armor-Jacket

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Matteo,

you guys have so much stuff to offer that meets every eventuality. I can't be sure the super-high temperatures will trouble the Ergo but it IS tempting to go for something even more vented like the Netix or even the Multitech (what a talking point that stuff must be :) ).

I shall ponder and choose something soon. Whatever I get I will review of course.

Now sleep goddam it

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #242
9mmkungfu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Question

Quote:
Well 9mm,

color combinations in XP7 are 4 (Red, Blue, Black, Yellow), you can find them here:
http://www.xpdboots.com/jspxpd/produ...me=XP7&catid=1
You even find them in vented verso (XP7 WRS), you can find video review here

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Hi Matteo,

Sorry - I mean the XP7 WRS boots. They seem to only be available in white. Are there any plans to have a different color combination in the future?
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:04 AM   #243
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
XPD XP7 Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmkungfu View Post
Hi Matteo,

Sorry - I mean the XP7 WRS boots. They seem to only be available in white. Are there any plans to have a different color combination in the future?
Hi 9mm,

from what I know there's no plan at the moment.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 AM   #244
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
FWIW--

I own a pair of the XP7 WRS boots. I've had them for ~1 year. I lived in a COLD part of Idaho when I got them, but now live in the general area of Phoenix, so it's almost the exact opposite climate. While I did and do want the mostly-white of the WRS boots, I admit that I would prefer something other than the red accents simply because I have no red on my bike or my gear. Nevertheless, they are really great boots. I was never cold riding to work in Idaho down to the high 30s, and it's nice to be able to get decent airflow when you dip a toe here in the heat.

So, while I agree that it would be nice to have other color options, I would (did!) buy them whether they matched my bike/outfit or not.
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:14 PM   #245
anthem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Any idea if the Spidi Carbo Track gloves are released and available in the US yet ? I read in an earlier post it said April 16th, but not sure if that is shipping from Italy to Euro distributors or whether that also included US distributors. All the Spidi dealers I've contacted said that they don't have it in their systems yet and they haven't received any. .

Getting a couple track days coming up and wanted to know whether I should continue to wait for these or go and just replace with Held's which I was looking to replace. THanks.
anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #246
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Carbo Track Spidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
Any idea if the Spidi Carbo Track gloves are released and available in the US yet ? I read in an earlier post it said April 16th, but not sure if that is shipping from Italy to Euro distributors or whether that also included US distributors. All the Spidi dealers I've contacted said that they don't have it in their systems yet and they haven't received any. .

Getting a couple track days coming up and wanted to know whether I should continue to wait for these or go and just replace with Held's which I was looking to replace. THanks.
Hi anthem.
Everybody is waiting so much Carbo Track: they will finally be available at spidi.com store next monday.
They are getting into USA warehouses after few days, I believe they will hit USA stores 3 weeks from now.
You can come back to me I'll keep you updated.
In the meanwhile, enjoy this new released image (Black/Silver color):

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 04-18-2012 at 12:15 AM
Old 04-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #247
anthem
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
matteo thanks for the response. Will I get them faster if I order from your store ? :)
anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #248
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Carbo Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
matteo thanks for the response. Will I get them faster if I order from your store ? :)
During next 2 weeks, I believe it will be the quickest way, as they will be available from US stores after around 2 weeks.
You can order from this page: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...k-leather.html

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:43 AM   #249
not4us
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so the marathon pants are not a good choice for daily commuting?
I bought the Superstorm overpants a month ago and couldn't be happier!
I use them for commuting everyday and they are super-easy to put on and remove over work clothes and boots!
Plus they are 100% waterproof as tested this week which has been pissing dwon with rain here in Sydney. You don't even get the dreaded "wet crotch" you get on many supposedly waterproof pants as there are no seams in the crotch at all.
Overall I'm extremely happy with the purchase. I also added the knee protectors and a pair of T-Winter gloves and not a drop of water has touched me!
not4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #250
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by not4us View Post
I bought the Superstorm overpants a month ago and couldn't be happier!
I use them for commuting everyday and they are super-easy to put on and remove over work clothes and boots!
Plus they are 100% waterproof as tested this week which has been pissing dwon with rain here in Sydney. You don't even get the dreaded "wet crotch" you get on many supposedly waterproof pants as there are no seams in the crotch at all.
Overall I'm extremely happy with the purchase. I also added the knee protectors and a pair of T-Winter gloves and not a drop of water has touched me!
Matteo,

can you take a look at this thread (both pages) and get a definitive answer from your Technical Dept. for the trouser on the CE rating?

Thanks.

Triumph Explorer
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #251
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Matteo,

when will you have the Gold/Black/White

GP KANGAROO LEATHER JACKET

in stock again?

And also the T2 Jacket in B&W in 50 or 52?

Thanks.

Triumph Explorer

moggi1964 screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 06:21 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #252
9mmkungfu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ5 View Post
FWIW--

I own a pair of the XP7 WRS boots. I've had them for ~1 year. I lived in a COLD part of Idaho when I got them, but now live in the general area of Phoenix, so it's almost the exact opposite climate. While I did and do want the mostly-white of the WRS boots, I admit that I would prefer something other than the red accents simply because I have no red on my bike or my gear. Nevertheless, they are really great boots. I was never cold riding to work in Idaho down to the high 30s, and it's nice to be able to get decent airflow when you dip a toe here in the heat.

So, while I agree that it would be nice to have other color options, I would (did!) buy them whether they matched my bike/outfit or not.
Thank you for this reply. So, it looks like this will be the only boot I will need for both cold and hot temperatures. That is worth the compromise of having a somewhat unmatched pair of boots. They are a bit obscure here in the US though as I've only been able to find a few dealers selling them for less than $350 :(

I'm glad I checked in on this thread. I was about to order a pair of Dainese Full Metal Pro gloves because my local dealer said they wouldn't have the Carbo Tracks for another month. I'll place my order through spidi.com on Monday.

Edited to add: I did notice most US retailers selling them for $299 shipped and they are about $320 + $48 standard shipping on Spidi's website. Just FYI. Also, if it ships UPS, sometimes they slap on some customs duties and brokerage charges. I'm not sure if it's worth nearly an extra $70 to get them just a little earlier than US retailers. Hmmmmm..

Thanks everyone!

9mmkungfu screwed with this post 04-20-2012 at 06:31 AM
9mmkungfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:01 PM   #253
MZ5
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Not sure whether 'Zilla has them still, but they had a pretty good sale on those boots going recently. Coincidentally, I was on the phone with Western Powersports today, and the fellow there said they had little or no stock on them.

It may be worth me mentioning that I ride a sportbike (Honda), and I tend to ride it with the balls of my feet on the pegs, even though I just commute. That helps 'close' the breathability. If/when I want some air, I dip a toe. I expect the boots won't be too different on a more 'standard' motorcycle, but thought I'd mention for completeness.

Good luck with whatever you choose!
MZ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #254
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Kangaroo jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
Matteo,

when will you have the Gold/Black/White

GP KANGAROO LEATHER JACKET

in stock again?

And also the T2 Jacket in B&W in 50 or 52?

Thanks.

Hi moggi

GP Kangaroo in white/gold is available at this page in size 52:
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/leathe...o-leather.html

Consider it fits a bit larger (1/4 size) than usual Spidi cause it's without inner lining.

About T-2, yes I verified they have in stock size 50 , just ask Vittoria if you want to order.

Thanks moggi again

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 04-20-2012, 03:22 PM   #255
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Quote:
Hi moggi

GP Kangaroo in white/gold is available at this page in size 52:
http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/leathe...o-leather.html

Consider it fits a bit larger (1/4 size) than usual Spidi cause it's without inner lining.

About T-2, yes I verified they have in stock size 50 , just ask Vittoria if you want to order.

Thanks moggi again

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Gosh I'm torn between the two. Given that I would be ordering directly from you guys I want to make sure I get the fit exactly right. The Ergo XL fits me perfectly Matteo; I have a 107cm chest and an 178cm height. Am I a 50 or 52 in the T-2 and Kangaroo?

Thanks.

Triumph Explorer