Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 AM   #376
barbos
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Many thanks to Matteo for going above and beyond to help me get a pair of pants repaired. I've never had a vendor go so far to make sure I was happy and be so helpful along the way.

Thanks!
barbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:20 PM   #377
jcfuentes
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Hi Mateo, I have seen in person the Venture Jacket and the Marathon Jacket, and they look very similar. I am not quite sure what are the differences other than the price (US$100 more for the Marathon). Can you please explain the differences between these jackets. Thanks!
jcfuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #378
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfuentes View Post
Hi Mateo, I have seen in person the Venture Jacket and the Marathon Jacket, and they look very similar. I am not quite sure what are the differences other than the price (US$100 more for the Marathon). Can you please explain the differences between these jackets. Thanks!
Hi jcfuentes.

Yes Spidi Marathon and Venture are very similar in terms of fabrics, layers, ventilation.

Here're plus in Marathon:
>enhanced reflective areas
>EST collar closure system
>Hydroback hydration system-ready
>slightly bigger sizing.

Thanks for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #379
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbos View Post
Many thanks to Matteo for going above and beyond to help me get a pair of pants repaired. I've never had a vendor go so far to make sure I was happy and be so helpful along the way.

Thanks!
Thank you for your patience.

Visit us here.
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #380
dadsafrantic
Chef?

Oddometer: 72
available in San Francisco Bay Area

so the guys at SF Moto have a limited supply of items available. some jackets and gloves. you can check sizing there and order accordingly. maybe if they have enough interest they would expand what they carry. the guys here all actually ride. i like the gloves i've seen.

the guys in santa rosa have some gloves only and have no plans to bring in any jackets or pants. what a shame.
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #381
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi in SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
so the guys at SF Moto have a limited supply of items available. some jackets and gloves. you can check sizing there and order accordingly. maybe if they have enough interest they would expand what they carry. the guys here all actually ride. i like the gloves i've seen.

the guys in santa rosa have some gloves only and have no plans to bring in any jackets or pants. what a shame.
Yes dadsafrantic it's really a shame Spidi is not well stocked in San Francisco area as in other US cities.
I will push my colleagues to sell more over there!

Thanks a lot for your suggestions.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:24 PM   #382
dadsafrantic
Chef?

Oddometer: 72
back protector

i see on the spidi site that the back protector for the marathon jacket is back warrior evo inside which is 55 cm tall. the protection offered by revzilla is the warrior comp 510 which looks like the compact warrior from the spidi site. the compact warrior is only 41 cm tall. is it really going to work in the marathon jacket or will it flop around inside? that is 5.5 inches difference. i hesitate to make the purchase.
ATGATT
dadsafrantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 AM   #383
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Warrior protectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
i see on the spidi site that the back protector for the marathon jacket is back warrior evo inside which is 55 cm tall. the protection offered by revzilla is the warrior comp 510 which looks like the compact warrior from the spidi site. the compact warrior is only 41 cm tall. is it really going to work in the marathon jacket or will it flop around inside? that is 5.5 inches difference. i hesitate to make the purchase.
Hi dadsafrantic

Warrior comp 510 from Revzilla is the following: http://www.spidi.com/eu/eu_en/motorc...rior-back.html
It is CE Level 1, which is less performing compared to Back Warrior Evo.
We suggest Back Warrior Evo for Marathon, but Warrior Comp would fit good anyway: Marathon inner pocket is made to host both types.

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:37 AM   #384
configurationspace
delooper

Oddometer: 8,616
Me in the mountains above Santa Barbara, California sporting my new Spidi gear.

I'm pretty happy with the gear. The pants could use a date with a seamstress but the jacket and gloves are close to perfect for me.
configurationspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:06 PM   #385
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace View Post

I'm pretty happy with the gear. The pants could use a date with a seamstress but the jacket and gloves are close to perfect for me.
Very nice match!

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #386
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:

Is that the Multitech jacket? I've been wanting a review of that as I've been looking at them. I want to find something that will work on it's own but also under a regular jacket, almost like a pressure suit. That jacket looks like it would fit the bill but can't find a review at all.

Mind if i ask what size you and the jacket are and for a review?

Much appreciated.

John
John_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #387
configurationspace
delooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L View Post
Is that the Multitech jacket? I've been wanting a review of that as I've been looking at them. I want to find something that will work on it's own but also under a regular jacket, almost like a pressure suit. That jacket looks like it would fit the bill but can't find a review at all.

Mind if i ask what size you and the jacket are and for a review?

Much appreciated.

John

Yes that's the multitech jacket, size M. I'm 5'10" and 180lbs with a thin build for a north american, kind of normal build for a european.

I'm a big fan of the jacket. With appropriate choice of layering i can wear it in anywhere from 10c to 40c while riding.

So its a great warm-weather option for me. The back pocket is just big enouh to squeeze in a thin windbreaker. The rest holds more than everything i need for small rides. I haven't crash tested it. But the ventilation is great. People say i look like batman while wearing it. The armour is solidly in place. You'll want to ensure a snug fit when you order this but there's plenty of ways to adjust the fit. Fit me perfectly out of the box.

What else would you like to know?
Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #388
configurationspace
delooper

The closest to crash-testing it i got while was riding up 101 near Santa Barbara CA. A truck up ahead lost a wooden box. The car in front of me hit the box and slabs of plywood were zinging-around in the air at high speed. A square chunk about 2 feet in diameter hit my left shoulder while doing about 70mph. The padding absorbed part of the blow. I suffered no cuts or bruises and kept control of the bike but it was a substantial blow. So it worked well in that situation and was certainly a step-up from no gear!

I'm thinking i might buy a second set. I've been having a hard time finding nice light-weight ice hockey gear. This might be a good fit!

configurationspace screwed with this post 07-26-2012 at 09:12 PM
Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #389
John_L
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
Quote:
Yes that's the multitech jacket, size M. I'm 5'10" and 180lbs with a thin build for a north american, kind of normal build for a european.

I'm a big fan of the jacket. With appropriate choice of layering i can wear it in anywhere from 10c to 40c while riding.

So its a great warm-weather option for me. The back pocket is just big enouh to squeeze in a thin windbreaker. The rest holds more than everything i need for small rides. I haven't crash tested it. But the ventilation is great. People say i look like batman while wearing it. The armour is solidly in place. You'll want to ensure a snug fit when you order this but there's plenty of ways to adjust the fit. Fit me perfectly out of the box.

What else would you like to know?
Perfect. I'm 5 10 and 165 so pretty close. That is a huge range of temperature which is great. It looks like it almost fits like a pressure suit and should be pretty easy to put another jacket over the top, true?

I've been going back and forth with different pressure suits and protection and then saw this which looks great but was wondering on the fit compared to suits. Have tried 3 different brands with no luck. I like the "jacket" style of this, seems very versatile.
John_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #390
configurationspace
delooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_L View Post
Perfect. I'm 5 10 and 165 so pretty close. That is a huge range of temperature which is great. It looks like it almost fits like a pressure suit and should be pretty easy to put another jacket over the top, true?

I've been going back and forth with different pressure suits and protection and then saw this which looks great but was wondering on the fit compared to suits. Have tried 3 different brands with no luck. I like the "jacket" style of this, seems very versatile.

Yes when riding through the fog on the california coast at night i had a waterproof windbreaker over top of the spidi jacket. There was plenty of room for layers although very little room between the spidi jacket and my body - that's a tight fit.