Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #391
vato_loco
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Matteo --

I'm interested in the Voyager 2 jacket.

The smallest size listed at both Revzilla and the Spidi Italian website is Medium.

I'm a skinny guy, about a 36-inch chest (92-cm) and 145 pounds (66-kg). My Dainese leather race jacket size 46 euro fits perfectly.

Would the Voyager 2 in a Medium fit?

Mille grazie
vato_loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #392
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Voyager 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vato_loco View Post
Matteo --

I'm interested in the Voyager 2 jacket.

The smallest size listed at both Revzilla and the Spidi Italian website is Medium.

I'm a skinny guy, about a 36-inch chest (92-cm) and 145 pounds (66-kg). My Dainese leather race jacket size 46 euro fits perfectly.

Would the Voyager 2 in a Medium fit?

Mille grazie
Hi Vato,

yes size Medium is the smallest size and will fit you.

Thanks again for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #393
vato_loco
Adventurer

Matteo --

I just rec'd my Voyager 2 jacket size M from Revzilla today (ordered it 2 days ago). Although I only had a chance to try it for a few minutes before rushing back to work, my initial impressions are quite favorable. Best of all, it fits great, even with the liner in! I bought the Voyager 2 precisely because it's a 3-season jacket (fall-winter-spring). Most of my riding is around the back roads of the Bay Area and it gets cold here, even during the summer. The Voyager 2 should work well. I'll do a full review elsewhere on ADV after I log in a few more miles with the jacket.

I also bought a pair of Hurricane H2Out pants from the Spidi website. The order went through but no news about when it'll be shipped. I know that much of Italy shuts down during August. Is that the case with Spidi, too?

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:47 PM   #394
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Matteo --

I just rec'd my Voyager 2 jacket size M from Revzilla today (ordered it 2 days ago). Although I only had a chance to try it for a few minutes before rushing back to work, my initial impressions are quite favorable. Best of all, it fits great, even with the liner in! I bought the Voyager 2 precisely because it's a 3-season jacket (fall-winter-spring). Most of my riding is around the back roads of the Bay Area and it gets cold here, even during the summer. The Voyager 2 should work well. I'll do a full review elsewhere on ADV after I log in a few more miles with the jacket.

I also bought a pair of Hurricane H2Out pants from the Spidi website. The order went through but no news about when it'll be shipped. I know that much of Italy shuts down during August. Is that the case with Spidi, too?

Thanks.
Dear Vato,

thanks so much for your orders.

Your order will be shipped tomorrow and you could receive it next Monday.
I will look for the full review (don't forget to review the jacket in Revzilla site).

I hope you enjoy your Spidi gear in fantastic adventures.

Thanks again

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #395
vato_loco
Adventurer

Matteo --

I received the Hurricane H2Out pants as scheduled on Monday via DHL. I was a bit concerned about the customs charges that others were dinged with but the delivery went without a hitch. Vittoria at Spidi was quite helpful in this area.

If Spidi has anymore free shipping promos, I'd definitely consider ordering other products.

Anyway, the Hurricane pants in small fit very well. I think they default to a 30-inch waist (my size) but can be fine-tuned down to 28 if need be. Although the fit is what I'd describe as snug, they're not tight, and I should be able to fit a base layer underneath the H2Out liner when the weather gets cooler. The knee armor is adjustable -- how awesome is that? -- but right now seems fine out the box. The inseam is 30 inches. Again, perfect for me.

For the last few years I've been wearing leathers exclusively but before that I wore Aerostich in various manifestations. Although the quality is no doubt top-notch, I was never satisfied with the fit, which seems cut for American midwesterners (you know who you are). I was looking at some old photos of me in my Roadcrafter 1-piece and could only think how ugly it looked. In contrast I got the thumbs-up from my girlfriend when I paraded in front of her with my Voyager 2 jacket and Hurricane pants. "Hot Euro dude," her eyes said...

Of course we'll see how this Spidi gear holds up over time. Once I get more miles under my belt I'll do a review here on ADVrider. BTW, I posted a quick review of the Voyager 2 jacket on Revzilla.

Grazie mille!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #396
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Voyager 2 and Hurricane

Quote:
Matteo --

I received the Hurricane H2Out pants as scheduled on Monday via DHL. I was a bit concerned about the customs charges that others were dinged with but the delivery went without a hitch. Vittoria at Spidi was quite helpful in this area.

If Spidi has anymore free shipping promos, I'd definitely consider ordering other products.

Anyway, the Hurricane pants in small fit very well. I think they default to a 30-inch waist (my size) but can be fine-tuned down to 28 if need be. Although the fit is what I'd describe as snug, they're not tight, and I should be able to fit a base layer underneath the H2Out liner when the weather gets cooler. The knee armor is adjustable -- how awesome is that? -- but right now seems fine out the box. The inseam is 30 inches. Again, perfect for me.

For the last few years I've been wearing leathers exclusively but before that I wore Aerostich in various manifestations. Although the quality is no doubt top-notch, I was never satisfied with the fit, which seems cut for American midwesterners (you know who you are). I was looking at some old photos of me in my Roadcrafter 1-piece and could only think how ugly it looked. In contrast I got the thumbs-up from my girlfriend when I paraded in front of her with my Voyager 2 jacket and Hurricane pants. "Hot Euro dude," her eyes said...

Of course we'll see how this Spidi gear holds up over time. Once I get more miles under my belt I'll do a review here on ADVrider. BTW, I posted a quick review of the Voyager 2 jacket on Revzilla.

Grazie mille!
Hi Vato,

I'm glad you received your Spidi gear fast and safe, and that everything fits you well.

Thanks again

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 AM   #397
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

New Spidi Expedition Tent and camping gear

Dear all,

we announce Spidi will introduce a completely new Tent next December.
The Expedition project aims to give riders the best in term of Adventure equipment, such as Camping Tents, Sleeping bags and everything you need to live a fantastic expedition adventure.

Here're first images of the Expedition Tent, which has been developed in collaboration with Italian firm FERRINO; they're leaders in camping equipment, being in the market since 1870 (yes 1870), having helped pioneering and legendary mountaineering in the last 140 years.

The revolutionary feature is the huge side storage pocket, designed to storage rider's equipment.
The tent is the perfect match for all latest Spidi Adventure Suits.
More details will follow in this forum, in the meanwhile stay updated with Spidi news.

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 08-31-2012 at 05:20 PM
Old 09-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #398
KTM Carioca
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Anybody got the Tour S7? Can't find any reviews. Looks like a great winter commuter jacket and trouser kit.

As my first options were not quite what I expected, this is looking good.
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
KTM Carioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #399
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

The 2013 Spidi Hard Track Suit

We introduce today the all-new 2013 Spidi Hard Track Suit.
This suit is an evolution of the Spidi Marathon Suit. The main upgrade is the external shield, which now features a 3-layers Polyammide which provide a very high level of waterproofness. The design of the Hard Track aims to enforce extreme uses of the bike.

Here we go with first pictures, we'll come back later with deeper analysis.

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #400
JTT
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,504
Is that really a knit cuff?
JTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #401
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTT View Post
Is that really a knit cuff?
geek
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:04 AM   #402
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Of course it is !
A very smart and practical solution coming straight from Dakar and main rally races.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 10-18-2012 at 03:10 AM
Old 10-18-2012, 06:06 AM   #403
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 455
It looks like a cross between the Marathon and the Expidition Pro.

How is the shell different to my Expidition, Matteo?

Looks good by the way

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #404
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hard Track vs Ergo 365 Pro Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by moggi1964 View Post
It looks like a cross between the Marathon and the Expidition Pro.

How is the shell different to my Expidition, Matteo?

Looks good by the way
Well, first of all Ergo 365 Pro Expedition is CE Level 2 Certified, which means it's on a level of its own in terms of safety and protection.
Many features are similar to Ergo's (Hydroback, 3 removable layers etc.) but doesn't give all the benefits of Ergo (removable waterproof pockets, chest and forearms high-size airvents, 3M high-visibility certification etc.).

Hard Track is lighter than Ergo, Spidi had the target to build a very light and comfortable suit ,even in hard situation like a Dakar rally.

To stay updated over Spidi new products, like! http://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Thank for your interest

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #405
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper

Oddometer: 455
Sweet!

If it works as well as my Spidi summer and Spidi 3 season stuff then it will be a great suit.

Bravo Matteo!

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote