Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2014, 02:47 AM   #646
bmp
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Question Sizing advice

Hi Matteo

Finally time to replace my old Roadway and am hoping you can provide some sizing advice.

I'm 1.67m, 69kg, 98cm chest and 78cm waist. The Roadway was a medium and was quite snug. I also have a Net GP in large which is quite loose with all adjusters at their tightest and the armour in the arms doesn't sit quite properly over the elbows. I've got road warrior back protectors in both.
I'm a 48 in Dainese leather with chest and back protectors.

I'm still undecided between the Hard Track, S7 and Super GT. Are they a similar fit?
So what do you think, medium or large? No local stockists to try unfortunately.

Thanks,
Peter
bmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:08 AM   #647
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
Hi Peter, how are you?
According to the sizes you provided the best fitting will be with the M size.
Both the Hard Track, the Tour S7 and the Super GT are fully waterproof/breathable and thermal insulated jackets, so you always have to consider the fitting with and without the internal wadding.

That's the reason why the three of them feature a huge amount of velcro fastening on the side, on the arms and on the neck. This is the revolutionary Ergofit system that Spidi introduced many years ago, to allow the perfect tightening of a motorcycle garment and to avoid any waving while riding at high speed.

Hard Track jacket is a three layer, that means you are able to remove the thermal lining as well as the waterproof/breathable membrane, allowing the jacket to face a wider temperature range.
Tour S7 and Super GT are two layers, and in this case the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane is a single piece with the outher shell. These jacket can face extremely cold situation, and also being comfortable enought on warmer trails, but if you plan long routes on the sand and deserts, you will appreciate the bigger ventilation and breathability of the Hard Track with non membrane and wadding.

Where do you live? What bike do you usually ride?

Thank you for your attention,

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

https://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-08-2014 at 04:43 AM
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #648
bmp
n00b

Hi Matteo

Thanks for the prompt reply. Current bike is a K1300S and I'm in Canberra, Australia. Yes, it does get cold here although not at the moment. Looking for something for commuting/touring in the colder part of the year. The GT and S7 both seem appropriate but the extra flexibility of the Hard Track is appealing.

Can you confirm that the outer shell of the Hard Track also has an H2Out membrane as part of it's construction? I definitely want a jacket that doesn't require me to stop for an extra layer when it starts to rain.
From what I've read the removable H2Out layer is to ensure the jacket stays waterproof in prolonged exposure, a bit like the Ergo.
Why is this not needed on the GT or S7?
Is it something do with either no seam taping or the venting system on the Hard Track outer shell?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 01-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #649
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
in the Hard Track, the membrane is a removable lining mounted on the inside. The outer shell does have a water resistan treatment, but doesn have taped seams and also the many vents present are not waterproof. This mean that you can easily face a 30, 45 minutes rain without getting wet, but to be 100%waterproof you need to use the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane inside. This membrane is 100% waterproof, with taped seams and covered zips.
http://www.spidi.com/media/upload/im...-Advriders.jpg

Tour S7 and SuperGT have the H2Out waterproof and breathable membrane that is one single piece with the outer fabric. This means that those jackets are always 100% waterproof and you won't have any drop leaking or fabric getting soaked. On the other hand, even removing the thermal lining and opening the dynamic vents available, you won't be as cool and fresh on a summer hot day.
The reason is that, even though the membrane is breathable, it still work as a windbreaking, so there will be a lower perspiration and air circulation than the Hard Track without the membrane on.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #650
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
in the Hard Track, the membrane is a removable lining mounted on the inside. The outer shell does have a water resistan treatment, but doesn have taped seams and also the many vents present are not waterproof. This mean that you can easily face a 30, 45 minutes rain without getting wet, but to be 100%waterproof you need to use the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane inside. This membrane is 100% waterproof, with taped seams and covered zips.

Tour S7 and SuperGT have the H2Out waterproof and breathable membrane that is one single piece with the outer fabric. This means that those jackets are always 100% waterproof and you won't have any drop leaking or fabric getting soaked. On the other hand, even removing the thermal lining and opening the dynamic vents available, you won't be as cool and fresh on a summer hot day compared to an Hard Track with the membrane and the themal lining removed.
The reason is that, even though the membrane is breathable, it still work as a windbreaking, so there will be a lower perspiration and air circulation than the Hard Track without the membrane on.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #651
bmp
n00b

Hi Matteo.

Thanks for clarifying. I note that finding any of these jackets, particularly the S7, in a medium is difficult at the moment. Will there be fresh stock in the next couple of months?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 01-10-2014, 01:53 AM   #652
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter, unfortunately the Tour S7 is currently out of stock and I'm afraid it won't be available in your sizes within a couple of months. Nonetheless, we have stock of the SuperGT, which is also more oriented to the kind of bike you're currently riding. It is a little shorter on the front end, and also a little more snug fit, to avoid uncomfortable position on the tank of a sport/touring bike as your beemer.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:46 AM   #653
bmp
n00b

Hi Matteo

Thanks for all your assistance. Just one more question for now. I see the old Granturismo Pro is still available in size Large. I've had a look at your video on you tube? It seems to come with all the best armour, chest protector, back warrior and the biomechanic shoulder and elbow. Would this be too big to fit me properly? Mostly I would be wearing it without the extra liners. If you think it would be large for the armour to fit me properly I'll probably go with the Super GT.

Cheers,
Peter
Old 01-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #654
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Peter,
I believe that the Gran Turismo Pro in size L would be a little too big for you.
And what about the ERGO 365 Pro Expedition, which is also fully EN 13595 Lev2 certified? You would definitely love such a masterpiece !

You won't never face a ride cold enough, or rainy enough to cause trouble to an Ergo !

Here's video review of it; let me know what you think !
http://youtu.be/LgyysWTyDKA

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-10-2014 at 07:30 AM
Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 AM   #655
bmp
n00b

Ha!
Yes Matteo, the Ergo would be great. I nearly bought the original version years ago. Sadly it's a little hard to justify the price at the moment. Plus as it's over $1000 Australian, it's liable to be stopped in customs and they charge our sales tax (10% so not as bad as Europe) and an inspection fee.
Thanks again for your advice. Will choose between the GT and the Hard Track I think. For now though it'll be the Net GP while the temperature stays above 30 degrees C.
Good luck with the racing program this year, hope Marco has better luck on the Aprilia.

Ciao,
Peter
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #656
Jerry_R
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Matteo,
will you explain benefits of new product - Warrior B1?

Isn't it less wide, than earlier Warrior?
Jerry_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:06 PM   #657
Litemup
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Hello Matteo,
Do you know when you may have XL size available in the Worker Wax Jacket? Also I'm looking at the 365 Expedition Jacket do you offer any discount codes to ADV members?

Thanks.
Litemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #658
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Jerry, how are you doing?
Thank you for your question; let's compare the new Warrior B1 and Compact Warrior

Warrior B1 is the newest EN 1621-2 Lev.1 certified back protector we introduced in our catalogue. It comes straight from the analysis performed on the EN 1621-2 Lev.2 certified Back Warrior EVO. It offers a bigger protect surface and it's way longer, following in a very ergonomical way the human spine.
Warrior B1 is in fact 55cm long (approximately 22in) and 29cm wide (11,5in). The total protect area is 1595cmq,

Compact Warrior is a super light and flexible EN 1621-2 Lev.1 certified back protector; it's also one of the thinnest back protector in the market, and this result comes thanks to the Warrior technology that Spidi Safety Lab developed in the Italian laboratory. This technology has than be applied to a huge range of protectors.
It is 41cm long and 32cm wide and, with a total surface of 1344cmq. The width is not really that big as you imagined.

That said, Warrior B1 has been conceived for long range touring, and its enlonged shape promotes the active riding and more sporty bikes, without affective the movement. Beside, Compact Warrior is still the perfect choice for commuting.
The reason is B1 almost passed the certification test for a Lev.2, but being extremely light and very breathable.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 04:07 AM
Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 AM   #659
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Litemup,
due to the amazing success Worker Wax gained all over the world, we're currently out of stock in the XL size. I've been informed by my collegue that it will be available in stock within a month. Keep tuned on the online store to see updates.

Please send me a PM for the ERGO 365 Pro Expedition and I'll do my best.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:56 AM   #660
TrattoRAZ
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Motor Bike Expo Verona

Matteo, Will Spidi be present at the Motor Bike Expo in Verona, Italy this weekend ?
TrattoRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote