User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 AM   #661
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Hi TrattoRAZ,
no, we won't be present at Verona show but there will be some Authorized Spidi Dealers selling Spidi products.
Moreover, you could have the rare opportunity to win a fantastic Spidi Worker Wax Jacket, check here for more info (sorry in Italian only).
By the way don't forget our Corporate HQ is located around 30 mns from Verona.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

https://www.facebook.com/spidisport

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-23-2014 at 10:58 AM
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #662
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
How abrasion resistant do you consider the waxed cotton to be? Will it survive a 80kph slide on tarmac?

Another question:
Do any of your jackets have bonded membrane? Just not a big fan of the removable membranes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Ok pingvin,

anyway thanks for your great idea, we will use and test your suggested combination!

Thank you for your attention,

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

1981 Husqvarna 420 AE
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:28 AM   #663
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Pengvin, how are you?
The waxed cotton used on jacket like the Worker Wax or the Motocombat Wax is a very fashionable and comfortable fabric. It's made of 100 cotton, which donate this jacket ad unparalleled comfort to the rider. Of course it's not as resistant to abrasion than a synthetic fabric like our Extra Tenax, or other taslanized fabrics.

However, you always must to consider that in all the impact area we applied two layers of fabric, and underneath these layers are top level EN 1621-1 certified Forcetech and Multitech protectors. This will provide the rider an enhanced safety level, but of course, the first layer of the fabric can get a little ruined.

Remember that, the European certification do their testing at a speed of 40Km/h. It's impossible to estimate the damages at highers speed, because there are too many variables.
First of all, the area of the sliding surface will change the results: imagine sliding on your thigh rather the point of your elbow. They present a very different sliding surface and you would be applying the same amount of energy on a very different square centimeter area.
It also changes a lot if the rider is rolling on the ground or sliding still, facing the same part of fabric to the asphalt.
Last but not least... what kind of asphalt are you sliding on? Track asphalt, highway asphalt or concrete?
In european certification is all about laboratory made tests, using the Martin Dale machine, using a standardized temperature and humidity level.

This is the Martin Dale machine in Spidi Safety Lab.

Second question:
Of course we have product with bonded membrane. Take a look at the Tour S7 or the SuperGT.

They both feature a bonded H2Out membrane, as well as a removable thermo lining for riding in cold weather. Of course, EN 1621-1 certified protectors come stock, and you have the full poosibility to add back and chest protectors.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.

Spidi - on track screwed with this post 01-30-2014 at 04:43 AM
Old 01-30-2014, 05:30 AM   #664
cardpostale
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi!

My wife and I are doing a RTW trip. I would like to share my opinion about our riding outfits with you because I know it can be difficult to choose, as for every part of your equipment when you are planning to overland.
The choice of our outfits was very difficult. We wanted only one outfit each, ventilated enough to cross deserts without boiling inside, waterproof and warm enough to face cold conditions.

We looked at and tried a lot of outfits before choosing to buy two Ergo 365 Pro Expedition outfits. In 7 months and 34000 kms so far we didn't face a situation in which this outfit was not perfect.
We crossed Gobi, Karakum and Kizilkum deserts and faced extreme heat. The ventilation of our outfits were perfect, even when I had to fight with the bike to prevent us from falling (i.e. in western Myanmar and Mongolia).

We crossed Tibet, crossed 5000 m + mountain passes and rode during days with temperatures around -10°C. I was wearing only the outfit with the waterproof and thermal layer, one short sleeve merino T-shirt and one long sleeve merino T-shirt and that's all. I was perfectly fine.

Compared to the previous adventure outfit I had (BMW Rallye 2 Pro), the Ergo 365 Pro expedition is better in every aspect : more ventilation in summer, warmer in winter. And it is nice to have 2 different inside layers, waterproof and warm. The Ergo is also much nicer to wear because made of a softer fabric. I also have a Dainese summer jacket made only of mesh and honestly I believe that the Ergo with all the vents open is equally breathable.

There are plenty of pockets you can put or remove, it's very handy, and I use the hydroback everyday.

Of course this outfit is quite expensive but if you plan to overland, don't hesitate, it's your outfit.

Feel free to ask any question!

Guillaume
www.cardpostale.com
a honeymoon on two wheels.
cardpostale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:13 AM   #665
pingvin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 485
Quote:
Hi Pengvin, how are you?
The waxed cotton used on jacket like the Worker Wax or the Motocombat Wax is a very fashionable and comfortable fabric. It's made of 100 cotton, which donate this jacket ad unparalleled comfort to the rider. Of course it's not as resistant to abrasion than a synthetic fabric like our Extra Tenax, or other taslanized fabrics.
What about the Spidi Multitech Armor jacket, is it intended for tarmac use as stand alone jacket or should you wear something more abrasion resistant on top?

Quote:
Second question:
Of course we have product with bonded membrane. Take a look at the Tour S7 or the SuperGT.
Under "Description" for the Super GT jacket (following Your link) it says "H2OUT removable waterproof, breathable and windbreaking membrane". Doesn't that mean it's not bonded? (Same for Tour S7)

I really do like the simple design of the Super GT jacket, though. Italians sure know a thing or two when it comes to design. Looks like the thermal liner can be used as a casual jacket as well?

EDIT: The Super Hydro on the other hand, says "Waterproof and breathable H2Out membrane laminated to the outer fabric". Thinking more of it as an abrasion resistant rain jacket (with something like the Multitech Armor jacket under) so don't need lots of vents or other bells and whistles so price is better.
1981 Husqvarna 420 AE

pingvin screwed with this post 01-31-2014 at 03:39 AM
pingvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 PM   #666
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Multitech Armour an Super GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingvin View Post
What about the Spidi Multitech Armor jacket, is it intended for tarmac use as stand alone jacket or should you wear something more abrasion resistant on top?
Multitech Armor is multifunctional. You can wear it stand alone or under a waterproof shield, or over a thermal or waterproof liner. You should use it as a protection kit replacing the usual single protectors inside your jacket. The big advantage is that you can combine all your layers in multiple ways.
Very hot and humid? >>> Stand alone
Hot and raining? >>> Attach the lightest H2Out membrane inside
Very cold? >>> A good laminated shield outside and a thick thermal inside
...imagination is the only limit

Quote:
Under "Description" for the Super GT jacket (following Your link) it says "H2OUT removable waterproof, breathable and windbreaking membrane". Doesn't that mean it's not bonded? (Same for Tour S7)

I really do like the simple design of the Super GT jacket, though. Italians sure know a thing or two when it comes to design. Looks like the thermal liner can be used as a casual jacket as well?
Maybe a mistake in the web? The fabric is a 3-layers membrane laminated, very resistant and extremely durable. The membrane is not removable cause it's bounded on the outer fabric. Yes you can use the thermal as a jacket (it's very soft and comfortable).

See video here: http://youtu.be/h1anJD97GJU
EDIT: The Super Hydro on the other hand, says "Waterproof and breathable H2Out membrane laminated to the outer fabric". Thinking more of it as an abrasion resistant rain jacket (with something like the Multitech Armor jacket under) so don't need lots of vents or other bells and whistles so price is better.[/QUOTE]

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #667
Andylaser
Heavy Metal

Oddometer: 1,034
Hi Matteo, I have some questions regarding the Voyager 2 jacket.

Can you confirm it uses a bonded waterproof layer on the fabric?
(ie doesnt need a liner to be waterproof)

Is this the best choice for cold/wet weather riding

What size would compare with a Euro 54?

Thank you

OLD SKOOL HEAVY METAL
Andylaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:26 PM   #668
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi Voyager 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylaser View Post
Hi Matteo, I have some questions regarding the Voyager 2 jacket.

Can you confirm it uses a bonded waterproof layer on the fabric?
(ie doesnt need a liner to be waterproof)

Is this the best choice for cold/wet weather riding

What size would compare with a Euro 54?

Thank you
The membrane construction in Voyager 2 is what we call "Z-liner": the H2Out membrane is stitched together with the outer fabric. The jacket is always waterproof; you can detach the thermal liner only. 54 sizing correspond to XL.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #669
armourbl
Adventure Life

Oddometer: 568
Matteo,

I visited a motorcycle show recently and discovered I have a local retailer in my area that sells Spidi gear. There were some nice people staffing the booth and my buddy asked a ton of questioned and ultimately ended up purchasing a NetForce H2OUT on the spot.

I like the fact this jacket has so much mesh surface area for hot days like we have in Phoenix, but I also wonder how warm the jacket is on cold days with the liners. Hopefully my buddy will give me a ride report really soon.

Let me get straight to the point. I have a feeling that the Marathon H2OUT might make a better all year jacket. My thought process is that the zipper vents allow you more control over how much air you want flowing through the jacket. Your product descriptions make it seem that this jacket is cool enough for very hot days.

So hard to make a decision. Any advice? Remember that winter days in Phoenix are as cold as freezing and summer days can be 110 degrees or more.

Thanks,

ben
Old 02-03-2014, 01:41 AM   #670
AGiN
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Universal 3 season (warmer climate) jacket and pants

My first motorcycle jacket was textile Spidi proto1? (10 -12 years ago) it was of good quality and survived few of the over the 60 km/h slides on it.

Now I am looking for a jacket and pants for my wife, waterproof outershell (without the need for messing with the liners), and have good ventilation (temps get up until 40-45 C in here).

what is a model i need to look for?
AGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:46 AM   #671
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Armourbl
yeah, my collegues of Spidi incorporated are doing lot of IMS Shows and other events, so you probably some of them in Phoenix.

The Netforce H2Out and the Marathon H2Out jackets are very similar products. Both feature a removable H2Out membrane keeping you dry and working also as a windbreaking membrane; underneath the H2Out membrane there's a removable thermo insulating lining. This lining is also enriched by an aluminum cover to enhance the thermal performance giving these jackets the opportunity to face colder climates.
Also the overall design and fitting is very similar, and they are both good shaped for off road riding and touring on dual sport bikes.

The main difference is on the outer fabric: Netforce is taylored using an extremely abrasion resistant Dinatech Shoeller® mesh, while the Marathon uses Tenax Polyammide fabric. This means that whenever you'll remove the H2Out membrane and the thermo lining, Netforce will donate a bigger air flow than the Marathon. Marathon of course has lot of vents, but they won't allow the same stream as a fully meshed piece.

Living in Phoenix, and planning to ride mostly during spring, summer and fall, I would definitely go for the Netforce. You will still have plenty of thermo insulation to face winter.

Otherwise, if you plan to ride mostly on colder climates, get the Marathon; you won't regret anyway.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #672
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dear Agin, how are you?
Glad to hear you loved your Spidi jacket and thx for these compliments.

What your looking for your wife it's something pretty difficult to achieve;
having a waterproof jacket able to face a 40°C temperature without a removable membrane it's though.

Spidi, with its H2Out membrane created an outstanding technology, and the perspiration level of this fabric is extremely high. Although, for its own nature, a waterproof membrane is also a windbreaking membrane and this means that there won't be ventilation. Adding dynamic vents on specific places, like shoulders and arms will increase the ventilation, but the best solution for an all-arounder jacket is three layers.

Anyway, let me show you two products that can be good for you:

Voyager Lady:
Voyager Lady has the waterproof membrane bonded to the fabric and a removable thermo lining on the inside. So, if you plan to ride mostly during sunny days, she'll be just wearing the oute shell, with the H2Out membrane bonded on it.

Netwin Lady:
NETWIN LADY is able to provide multiple solutions to different weather conditions: from summer warmth to chilly winter, to rainy autumn, all thanks to its built in Step-in-clothing system. In this case, there's a one-piece removable waterproof and thermo insulated lining. She will experience high ventilation and persipartion thanks to the fully meshed fabric, or a comfortable warmth and waterproofnet using the internal lining.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:23 AM   #673
TufelHunden
Recovering A-hole

Oddometer: 183
I just wanted to stop in and pay Spidi a compliment or two. about 18 months ago I purchased the Ergo 365 4 season jacket off of an Italian website. Since then I have ridden about 14,000 miles in nearly every weather condition short of a blizzard. Temperatures from 104 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit and 6 hour long rain storms to half inch hail (it still hurts regardless of the level of armor). This jacket is fantastic. It gets hot if I am not moving and is a bit drafty in the cold without a heated jacket liner but in total it is the only jacket I know I can grab for any situation and have tons of protection too. It is the only jacket I never have to fight with the armor because it slips out of place and gouges me or binds up when I need to maneuver the motorcycle and it is the only jacket I have ever had which constantly gets envious comments from random strangers. Thanks for the great stuff Spidi.

-Tim
TufelHunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #674
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you Tim !!
It's very nice to see how our product are doing on your adventures and rides. That's why we keep improving and pushing safety and comfort to new limits!

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:09 PM   #675
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,684
Ciao Matteo,

I really like the Dark Knight jacket, are there any matching pants for that jacket?

Grazie.