Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 AM   #61
Gimme 2
Team slo ass

Oddometer: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by GY333 View Post
Can you please tell me what model and year this suit was made based on the design in the picture. Thank you.
it's a robbiano design.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #62
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

Oddometer: 27
Been looking at the 365 jacket and pants here as I need a new all-year, on-off road suit now (see thread elsewhere).
My big worry is that, despite even the non-pro jacket costing almost £700 here in the UK (!!) it looks to me like the system means in winter here (rain every day) the outer jacket will get sodden. I appreciate the inner layer will keep me dry, but that leaves me doing [ahem] MPH in temps barely above freezing in a jacket soaked with freezing water.
Seems that if you live in a cold/wet country like this there really isn't a genuine "all year" suit solution, because you need Gore-tex Pro Shell style weatherproofing in winter, and something totally different in the warmer months.
:-(
Which is a pity, coz these Spidi jackets look the absolute ***** otherwise and I love them.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:53 AM   #63
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Ergo 365 Pro Expedition H2Out® Jacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISK View Post
Been looking at the 365 jacket and pants here as I need a new all-year, on-off road suit now (see thread elsewhere).
My big worry is that, despite even the non-pro jacket costing almost £700 here in the UK (!!) it looks to me like the system means in winter here (rain every day) the outer jacket will get sodden. I appreciate the inner layer will keep me dry, but that leaves me doing [ahem] MPH in temps barely above freezing in a jacket soaked with freezing water.
Seems that if you live in a cold/wet country like this there really isn't a genuine "all year" suit solution, because you need Gore-tex Pro Shell style weatherproofing in winter, and something totally different in the warmer months.
:-(
Which is a pity, coz these Spidi jackets look the absolute ***** otherwise and I love them.
Dear Isk,

thank you for your interest in Ergo 365 pro Jacket.
I don't know where you took information, but they're wrong.
Ergo 365 Pro jacket features a 3-layers external shield. More deeply, the external fabric is made by the following 3 layers:

1st layer: 100% Nylon Oxford with Teflon Water Repellant treatment (it's the black fabric on the outside:
2nd layer: H2Out® Hydropholic Membrane 3000 WP / 5000 TR (it's the white lamination in the middle)
3rd layer: 18D Tricot (it's the Comfort part in the inner)

This is just the external fabric.

Of course this is worn together with the removable membrane (separate jacket) and the thermal liner (separate jacket).

What does this mean?
If you ride in full winter time (in UK for example) you wear the 3 jackets together, while the external 3-layers-fabric doesn't get sodden at all, because of its water repellent treatment.

Again, if you ride in rainy condition in very hot climates, you just use the external 3-layers shield, close all the 6 big air intakes, stay dry, with high breathability, and don't get sodden.

PLease have a look to how our Step-in-clothing system works here.

Please reply for any question or doubts about Ergo or other Spidi H2Out® Serie items.

Thanks for your attention.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:14 PM   #64
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Dear Isk,

thank you for your interest in Ergo 365 pro Jacket.
I don't know where you took information, but they're wrong.
Ergo 365 Pro jacket features a 3-layers external shield. More deeply, the external fabric is made by the following 3 layers:

1st layer: 100% Nylon Oxford with Teflon Water Repellant treatment (it's the black fabric on the outside:
2nd layer: H2Out® Hydropholic Membrane 3000 WP / 5000 TR (it's the white lamination in the middle)
3rd layer: 18D Tricot (it's the Comfort part in the inner)

This is just the external fabric.

Of course this is worn together with the removable membrane (separate jacket) and the thermal liner (separate jacket).

What does this mean?
If you ride in full winter time (in UK for example) you wear the 3 jackets together, while the external 3-layers-fabric doesn't get sodden at all, because of its water repellent treatment.

Again, if you ride in rainy condition in very hot climates, you just use the external 3-layers shield, close all the 6 big air intakes, stay dry, with high breathability, and don't get sodden.

PLease have a look to how our Step-in-clothing system works here.

Please reply for any question or doubts about Ergo or other Spidi H2Out® Serie items.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
It's a fair cop - I'll try to find a dealer and have a look at one.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #65
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
It's a fair cop - I'll try to find a dealer and have a look at one.

Dear Isk,

let me know which city you're located in.
I'll try to find a dealer that stocks Ergo 365 Pro and eventually we'll organize a delivery for you to try the jacket, no problem at all.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-04-2011, 02:21 AM   #66
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

Quote:
Dear Isk,

I'll try to find a dealer that stocks Ergo 365 Pro and eventually we'll organize a delivery for you to try the jacket, no problem at all.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Matteo,

Thanks for this, really appreciate your help with it.
Really struggling this morning though. I've called the six Spidi stockists nearest me (although they're all 50+ miles away). Not one keeps the 365 suit. They say it's just too expensive for them to keep in stock. They can all get one for me, but of course if I'm spending that kind of money I need to try them on to find the best size.
All a bit frustrating.
Nearest city to me is Oxford, or Swindon - but I think my nearest dealers are in London.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:12 AM   #67
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

Quote:
Dear Isk,

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Any news Matteo?
Old 05-09-2011, 12:07 PM   #68
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ergo 365 pro Jacket in UK

Quote:
Any news Matteo?
Dear ISK,

sorry for this delay in answering, we have been 3 days at Monza World Superbike WSBK race where our riders were involved in exciting races all along weekend.
You can visit grandprixlegends in London area, they should have Ergo 365 Pro in stock, around 1 hour from Oxford.

Unit 8 Quadrum Park
Old Portsmouth Road
Guildford
Surrey
GU3 1LU
UK
ph. (0)8448878888

Let me know.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:18 AM   #69
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

I'm sorry Matteo, but they say no.
GPL say they do not keep the jackets in stock as they are too expensive. They say I can guess my size in jacket and pants from the on-line Spidi size chart, pay for both (£1000) then they'll order one, and then two weeks later it'll be in, and I can travel to Guilford (which is some long way from London and considerably further from me) and try it on at their "counter" (they don't have a shop).
If, after all that, it doesn't fit, I can have a refund, guess another size, pay again and do the whole thing again.
I know you're doing your best, but if you're asking people to spend upwards of £1000 and choose your kit above the likes of Rukka you have to do better than this.
I can travel to three Rukka dealers within 30 minutes of where I live, examine the range, try on sizes and then buy. Same for Hein Gericke kit.
Sorry if I sound frustrated, but in a recession my thinking of spending £1000+ with Spidi shouldn't leave me feeling like I'm privileged to have the chance to spend and should, therefore, do it blind.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:13 AM   #70
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm sorry Matteo, but they say no.
GPL say they do not keep the jackets in stock as they are too expensive. They say I can guess my size in jacket and pants from the on-line Spidi size chart, pay for both (£1000) then they'll order one, and then two weeks later it'll be in, and I can travel to Guilford (which is some long way from London and considerably further from me) and try it on at their "counter" (they don't have a shop).
If, after all that, it doesn't fit, I can have a refund, guess another size, pay again and do the whole thing again.
I know you're doing your best, but if you're asking people to spend upwards of £1000 and choose your kit above the likes of Rukka you have to do better than this.
I can travel to three Rukka dealers within 30 minutes of where I live, examine the range, try on sizes and then buy. Same for Hein Gericke kit.
Sorry if I sound frustrated, but in a recession my thinking of spending £1000+ with Spidi shouldn't leave me feeling like I'm privileged to have the chance to spend and should, therefore, do it blind.

Isk,

seems we found a solution for you!
Have look to this retailer, it's not yet listed in our website but it's stocking Spidi , is in Oxford area and has been alerted about you testing an Ergo.

Stay in touch!

On Yer Bike
A41 Bicester Road
Westcott
Bucks
Hp18 0JX

Tel 01296 655999

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:39 PM   #71
ISK
When in doubt, brew-up.

Quote:
Isk,

seems we found a solution for you!
Have look to this retailer, it's not yet listed in our website but it's stocking Spidi , is in Oxford area and has been alerted about you testing an Ergo.

Stay in touch!

On Yer Bike
A41 Bicester Road
Westcott
Bucks
Hp18 0JX

Tel 01296 655999

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy
Thanks Matteo - they're going to call me when they have a unit in and I believe tey've spoken to Spidi Italy to arrange that. Cheers. Will "report back" on the thread...
Old 06-07-2011, 02:16 PM   #72
MCGMB
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 178
Hello Matteo,

I'm interested in the Trackster Tex jacket, and some questions since none of the retail locations in my area has it in stock for me to check in person.

It seems many SPIDI jackets can attach to SPIDI pants by zipper. Does the Trackster Tex have a zipper for this purpose, and would it be able to mate with a pair of PGrid pants that I currently own?

The SPIDI Web site makes no mention of a zipper for the Trackster, though there is mention of a Clip Stop feature "..to ensure jacket stays in position when attached to trousers." What is Clip Stop?

Thank you!
MCGMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #73
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Spidi clip-stop attachment system

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGMB View Post
Hello Matteo,

I'm interested in the Trackster Tex jacket, and some questions since none of the retail locations in my area has it in stock for me to check in person.

It seems many SPIDI jackets can attach to SPIDI pants by zipper. Does the Trackster Tex have a zipper for this purpose, and would it be able to mate with a pair of PGrid pants that I currently own?

The SPIDI Web site makes no mention of a zipper for the Trackster, though there is mention of a Clip Stop feature "..to ensure jacket stays in position when attached to trousers." What is Clip Stop?

Thank you!
Hi,

Trackster Tex Jacket features clip-stop system to be connected to pants.
Clip-stop ensures a snug fit at higher speeds; it's made of a high-resistance fabric tape locked by a button, that you can lock around your trousers' belt, or around belt loop.

Hopefully I've been clear enough.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #74
klingklang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 157
Just found this while searching for something else. It happen sometimes... Wrote to spidi many times for info about your tuta flux rainsuit... have to say that it was not a big success. Hope that Mrs martini have other strength....
klingklang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 11:24 AM   #75
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Flux rainsuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingklang View Post
Just found this while searching for something else. It happen sometimes... Wrote to spidi many times for info about your tuta flux rainsuit... have to say that it was not a big success. Hope that Mrs martini have other strength....
Hi Klingklang,

hopefully I will be more prepared than my Italian collegues about Flux Rainsuit.
Let me know which info you need.
In the meanwhile, I remind you Flux Rainsuit is part of our Hi-visibility collection, that you can check at this address; as you probably know, Spidi is very serious about high visibility: our H2 Life Rain, for example, is certified EN 471, which is the European standard certification for high visibility in professional clothing (like policeman, fireman etc.).

Let me know which Tuta Flux features are you interested in.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Visit us here.