User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2014, 10:13 AM   #736
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 382
Hi GooseRider, how are you?
To clean the outer shell of your Ergo 365 Pro Expedition suit it's very easy.
Just remove the inner armor and the two internal lining (the waterproof and breathable H2Out membrane and the thermo lining), then place the suit into the washing machine using mild soap and cold water.
Then let it dry hanging in a well ventilated are, away from heather or direct sun light.

It will become as clean as new.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

Spidi is creator of Ergo Jacket.

Visit us here.
Spidi - on track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:39 AM   #737
Terence FFM
prof. cat-herder

Oddometer: 360
Protectors

Hello again Matteo,

I am on the fence between the Tour S7 and the Hard Track, but that is another issue. More to the point, can you tell me if Spidi is considering an upgrade to EN 1621-1: 2012 level 2 protectors anytime soon?

My understanding is that currently both of the jackets I am looking at are still supplied with Forcetech joint protectors complying with the older level 1 standard. Unfortunately, I couldn't find specific information about these on the Spidi website, only the Biomechanic or Multitech types. Also, do you have pictures of the protectors in relation to the jackets; a protector with a good test result is only really useful if it is sized to protect a large area and this is (unfortunately) an area lots of manufacturers cut corners.

I really like that Spidi is one of the few manufacturers that offers chest protectors and it is one of the reasons I keep coming back to Spidi as I am looking to find the closest possible to my ideal solution.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Terence
Old 04-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #738
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dear Terence, how are you?
All the protectors currently used on Spidi collection are EN 1621-1 certified.
As you know, the limit residual energy level of such a protector is 35kN; all our Biomechanic, Multitech and Forcetech protectors are already way below that level.

The limit for a EN 1621-1 Lev.2 protectors is 20kNs. Biomechanic and Multitech reach that level without any problem so they would be easily certificable, but in the never ending research for the best quality and best result, our engineers at Safety Lab are working on a new kind pf joint protectors, using innovative materials and concepts. I still can't say more about this new solution, but we'll keep you posted soon.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

http://spidimagazine.com/
https://www.facebook.com/spidisport
#spidipeople

Visit us here.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:00 PM   #739
Valentino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Protectors

Hi Matteo,

Thanks for letting us know about the new joint protectors that are coming soon. Will I be able to buy the joint new protectors to fit my Venture DPS jacket?
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:05 PM   #740
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Valentino.
We still have to choose between a couple of different shapes for these new protectors. However, you know that certification criteria indicate a specific shape for each joint protector, for this reason I'm pretty confident they will fit.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople

Visit us here.
Old 04-24-2014, 06:36 AM   #741
Valentino
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Protectors

Hi Matteo,

Many thanks for the fast reply. If the new protectors are CE Level 2 and fit my Venture DPS, then I will definitely buy them. I love my new Venture DPS jacket and I've already persuaded another member of my bike club to buy one!
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:32 AM   #742
Flyphil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
HI, I just received my Hard Track suit (and very happy with it) and I was wondering how to wash it efficiently without making mistakes. As there are leather parts on it, I'm not sure washing machine is an issue...
How do you manage please
Philippe
Flyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:42 PM   #743
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Dear Flyphill,
washing your Hard Track is very easy. Just remove all the armore, the internal H2Out membrane and the thermal lining and place it the washing machine. Use only cold water and a mild soap.
Then let it dry avoiding exposure to direct sun light or heater.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople

Visit us here.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:11 AM   #744
Flyphil
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
Thanks a lot for response
Flyphil
Flyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 AM   #745
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
Hi Dragos.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to introduce the 2014 Spidi Warrior Jacket
  • Back Warrior Evo Level 2 replace former Back Warrior: lighter and more breathable;
  • Enhanced chest protection now features Side Warrior protectors, to defend lower ribs;
  • all protectors are based on a new generation foam, with more breathability and lightness.

The Warrior jacket is a step forward, with an unreachable fit and comfort, with all the safety only Spidi could give riders.

Hello Matteo,

I like those hard plastic bio-mechanical protectors.
Can you elaborate a bit on the materials used on the back and chest protector. That external, "chequered" material, is it plastic or some kind of foam? Are they rather "soft" or "hard" protectors?
There's quite an inflation of soft protectors lately and I'm not at all convinced of their qualities in real life (as opposed to being able to show some nice values when placed in an artificial test environment).

Thanks.
dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 12:49 PM   #746
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Dragos,
The chequered material is the famous Warrior Technology, introduced by Spidi Safety Lab in it's most advanced back and chest protectors.
It is indeed a composite material, with an outer hard shell in polyurethane, while on the inside there's a "sandwich" combination of 3 different shock absorbing materials. For these reason our Warrior protector achieved astonishing results on impact tests.

The Warrior technology is based on highly shock absorbing light composite materials cells. Surprisingly light, thin and comfortable, this kind of protection evolves the idea of the improved comfort as a factor in improving safety, because it makes riding easier and let the rider concentrate better.

The warrior technolgy is also applied on some of our top-of-the-range glove, like the Carbo Track, used by our riders in MotoGP and WSBK.

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople

Visit us here.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:26 PM   #747
dragos
Belzebut

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidi - on track View Post
The Warrior technology is based on highly shock absorbing light composite materials cells. Surprisingly light, thin and comfortable, this kind of protection evolves the idea of the improved comfort as a factor in improving safety, because it makes riding easier and let the rider concentrate better.
Hello Matteo,
Thanks for the clarification.
Does the back protector limit unwanted movement?
The soft back protectors which are so popular right now are very good in absorbing direct shocks, but because they are soft and thus offer "total freedom of movement" and "excellent comfort" etc, they are absolutely impotent in preventing unwanted bending/twisting of the spine (which plastic, articulated protectors can). Same as when wearing a neck brace to protect from unwanted movements of the neck/head, I don't actually want my spine to have *complete* freedom of movement. I don't want it to be able to bend backwards, and I only want limited twisting freedom.
How does your back protector behave in such situations (for example a vehicle hitting from behind, or the rider falling on a medium-large object like a trunk or boulder, or a fall/high side which would involve some bad twisting).

Thanks,
Dragos
dragos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #748
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Dragos, how are you?
You just did a question that we've been asked many times, and is indeed a good one.
When you're riding a motorcycle, even at normal commuting speed, your body is charged with a big amount of kinetic energy. This energy is measured in N, which stand for Newtons.

Having a crash at just 30mph implies that your body is ejected by your bike generatin thousands of Ns of energy, or kN (KiloNewtons).

The main purpose of a back protector is to decrease the kNs transmitted to your back, to reduce damages at the spine. The European certification has two different kind of certification named Lev.1 and Lev.2 requiring a minimal level of absorption for the impact.

Although, the energy generated on a crash is still so high that there won't be any back protector able to avoid the movements you're talking about. Some protectors might seem a little stronger on restricting those movements, but is just a sensation that you have while bending it with your hands. Trust me, Newton is much more strong than you...

To get that kind of restriction, with the technology available nowadays, you would need a carbon or titanium back protector, without any joint, so that the forward bending will be compromised as well; not to mention about the very low absorbing level of those materials.

Have a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psS3ponDfAk

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople

Visit us here.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #749
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 6,982
Matteo,
I finally got caught in the first rain storm in my Ergo Pro. I purchased it second hand, so I don't expect a single thing from Spidi other than some advice.

The jacket is in great shape. Almost new when I got it. No rips, tears, abuse in any way. It was "as new". Today, I was surprised to see the jacket leak in the arms! Not real bad, but my shirt was damp. It was pretty serious rain, but only for around 8 miles. 10 hrs. later, after hanging up all day, the insides of the jacket and the rain liner are still very damp, and I could really feel the dampness on the ride home. I'm glad it wasn't cold out. When I took the jacket off at home, my arms were really clammy and chilled.

Is it possible that I just need to wash the jacket and reproof it?

Thanks,
Jim
1971 Lambretta DL
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #750
Spidi - on track OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hi Levain, how are you?
Just to better understand, can you please specify if the water is passing through the external shell or through the H2Out waterproof/breathable membrane?

Matteo De Vito
Spidi Marketing Dept
Vicenza - Italy

#spidipeople

Visit us here.