Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #46
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Oddometer: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelybeast View Post
The best ride reports at those that someone takes the time to post for others to see.

Good job & enjoying it
Thanks much.....I really appreciate your comments.....makes me feel like maybe it was worth it after-all. I like that bottom line too!

Gary
Oldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #47
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Other Rides or Themes?

Oldone screwed with this post 01-15-2011 at 09:50 AM
Old 01-14-2011, 03:41 AM   #48
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

More Bike Rides?

I've been considering continuing on with this RR by adding in other bike rides that I've taken in the Arizona area and maybe even a couple back in Minnesota. The shorter rides wouldn't have enough photos and information to start a new RR so this would be a way to continue on without trying to start completely over.

UPDATE: I’ve got to show you my Christmas present from another biking pal. I’ve strung it up on my brake light bar on the top trunk so it can wave at passing traffic! I’m still deciding on a name for him/her/it and have come up with “Bertha”, "Myrtle", or “Lizzy“. These were middle names of my Mom, Grandmother and Mother-in-law.

News-break! "Lizzy" it will be! Thanks be to bobw.....

Photobucket

Oldone screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 11:28 AM
Old 01-14-2011, 05:32 PM   #49
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Desert Landscapes

I've ran across some desert photos from last season that were taken with my old camera, but maybe still good enough to try a few here?

Oldone screwed with this post 03-19-2011 at 09:06 AM
Old 01-14-2011, 05:39 PM   #50
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

More Desert

I used to think years ago before we had the experience of seeing a real desert, that a desert was all sand. In these past 20 years, we've been fortunate to see how un-true that was. Lots of beautiful sites can be found throughout the desert. My hopes now are to be able to take some decent photos to show some of those.

Oldone screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 05:31 AM
Old 01-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #51
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

More and More Desert

It's strange but if we go south or west of us, the terrain remains flat for hundreds of miles, but going east or north, we find hills or mountains within a short ways. Needless to say, I prefer the hills and mountains with all of the curves........a great country to ride in!

Oldone screwed with this post 03-01-2011 at 06:00 PM
Old 01-16-2011, 02:33 AM   #52
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Desert Scenes con't.

Each winter when we have amply rain, the desert lights up with flowers in the spring, which we love to see.

We used to belong to a hiking group that hiked all over the local desert. There's nothing as peaceful and quiet.

Oldone screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 05:21 AM
Old 01-16-2011, 05:38 AM   #53
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Widescreen Desert Trials

There's always something that has me curious or confused (or both) when it comes to photos!

Oldone screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 05:17 AM
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 AM   #54
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 824
Nice photos! Ref naming your mascot, Lizzy works for me as it made me think of "Tin Lizzy".

I envy your winter location, we've been well below average temps (11(F) the other morning) with snow and ice that kept schools closed for the week .A few warmer days to melt the roads clear and then more arriving by weeks end. Sounds more like your "other" home state than living in the south. I enjoy riding vicariously through these reports as I await Mother Nature's temperament to return us to cleaner pavement.

Cheers
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #55
1KBOOM
2-Wheel Patriot

Oddometer: 47
Don't knock your old camera. It takes great photos that seem more "real". Got to love that almost surreal, 50's-ish postcard look.

Thanks much for the RR and an awesome glimpse of something unique.
1KBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:07 AM   #56
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

"Lizzy" it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post
Nice photos! Ref naming your mascot, Lizzy works for me as it made me think of "Tin Lizzy".

I envy your winter location, we've been well below average temps (11(F) the other morning) with snow and ice that kept schools closed for the week .A few warmer days to melt the roads clear and then more arriving by weeks end. Sounds more like your "other" home state than living in the south. I enjoy riding vicariously through these reports as I await Mother Nature's temperament to return us to cleaner pavement.

Cheers
So, "Lizzy" it will be! Thanks for your input. I'm afraid I don't envy your temps there, but do I ever recall when our year-around home was MN. and the winters that it meant at times! We're quite spoiled now, but paying for it a little with the age that goes with it. Thanks for your comments.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:20 AM   #57
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobw View Post

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KBOOM View Post
Don't knock your old camera. It takes great photos that seem more "real". Got to love that almost surreal, 50's-ish postcard look.

Thanks much for the RR and an awesome glimpse of something unique.
How I do appreciate compliment's like these! Thanks so much.....I've sometimes felt a little incomplete at times so this really helps.

Oldone screwed with this post 01-16-2011 at 09:41 AM
Old 01-16-2011, 01:42 PM   #58
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Arizona desert roads

I think the joy of riding on a bike is enhanced many times over when you have these kinds of sites to look at.

Oldone screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 05:17 AM
Old 01-17-2011, 02:32 AM   #59
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Desert Landscapes

In the spring, these hills are usually covered with all sorts wildflowers. If the desert gets ample rain before the holidays, that usually means a banner year for those beautiful flowers. Of course some years the colors remain pretty brown!

The various cloud formations really have an impact on the quality of these photos.

Oldone screwed with this post 08-02-2011 at 11:31 AM
Old 01-18-2011, 04:17 AM   #60
Oldone OP
One day at a time!

Desert Scenes con't.

I'm not sure if I should be posting photos like these that don't have such good quality, but yet the scenes are pretty cool? Keep um or toss um......That is the question? .... I guess I could just say that I "antiqued them"?

I'll save these kinds of photos where the comparison can be so drastic once the wildflowers bloom, then show both side by side.

I followed a small group of bikers for some miles before I stopped for a photo....Then they were long gone down the road....

Oldone screwed with this post 03-01-2011 at 06:03 PM