ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #61
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
all Piedmont area riders

I will be hosting DandyDoug's annual New Years Day ride, looks like we will be meeting at either the, Bo Jangles on Lewisville Clemmons Rd and 421. ( if they are open on new years day) or alternatively at the McDonalds on Jonestown rd. and 421. ( I need to speak with the managers of B Jangles to see if they are going to be open)
11:00am is the meet up time, from there we will meander around a few of the counties best back roads, (weather is the determining factor for the ride length) We have no agenda, no specific ride and are open to suggestions.

The philosophy of the ride :" how bad can the new year be , if you start out riding with a few friends"

Let me know if you are interested and I'll firm up the start location this week
Doug

I checked with the Bo Jangles on 421 and Lewisville Clemmons rd. they will be open on Sat .
So I propose to start from there at 11:00am, the weather wonks are saying a 40% chance of some wetness so dress accordingly.
hope to see some new faces and sweet rides.
Doug

DandyDoug screwed with this post 12-27-2010 at 08:15 AM
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #62
one2thshort
n00b

Oddometer: 7
christmas goodies

I had side-cover gaskets delivered on Christmas eve to stop the oil leak from where I replaced the clutch on my KLR (learning to wrench). Hope to have it safe to ride more than 20 miles from home by New Years.
one2thshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 09:52 PM   #63
lxstroker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by one2thshort View Post
I had side-cover gaskets delivered on Christmas eve to stop the oil leak from where I replaced the clutch on my KLR (learning to wrench). Hope to have it safe to ride more than 20 miles from home by New Years.
you'll be good, bring duct tape!
lxstroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #64
Cpl.Steve
swilkins

Oddometer: 8
Alamance Co. checking in.....

Hello everyone, Add me to your Piedmont riders list. I live in the Eli Whitney community just south of Graham, NC. I ride a DR650, and I'm always looking for someone to ride with. Looking forward to the spring and hopefully some backroads mountain tours!
Cpl.Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #65
lxstroker
Adventurer

Cpl.Steve, don't worry about spring yet. We're going for a ride this new years day.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:33 AM   #66
919nick OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
So, what's the consensus for New Year's Day? Who's coming? Paved only I assume. What time? Danbury, King, Lewisville or ...?

Let's nail down the details. I'm in come hell or high water.
919nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #67
DandyDoug
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 378
My group from Lewisville/ Winston Salem area will be a pavement only ride.

If the weather is decent maybe some of us could try and hook up in the early afternoon if you can recommend a spot here in the Piedmont.
DandyDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #68
SidewinderX
Hey, watch this!

Oddometer: 1,135
Count me in rain or shine. Should be 2 more with me. I would rather ride paved but I can ride either if I know in advance and borrow a bike for dirt.

I don't care where we meet. Just let me know.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #69
lxstroker
Adventurer

I would like to do dirt roads when possible. I also hope this is a dualsport only ride even though we will end up doing mainly paved.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #70
NCredneck
Banned

Oddometer: 353
I'm in for paved. Meet about 10:30 or so. Tell lies. Eat Fattening southern FOOD. Let's pick a restuarant. Clemmons, Danbury, Hell, someplace in Forsyth or Guilford, let's meet up. I'm ridin the yellow DL650!!
NCredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #71
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,601
I'm most likely out as our snowed out family get together this past weekend has been moved to this coming weekend. You can see who wears the pants in my house.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #72
NCredneck
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastroman View Post
I'm most likely out as our snowed out family get together this past weekend has been moved to this coming weekend. You can see who wears the pants in my house.
We shall meet some other day. I have roots (family) and I ride all around that area during better weather. PM anytime...
Old 12-27-2010, 07:29 PM   #73
NCredneck
Banned

OK folks, we meet with DandyDoug or what. I'm up for either. Remember it's winter, this can go on to something else when the weather breaks. We can just meet up and eat, and get aquainted then take a short ride, or laff our asses off while eating and ride later.(spring) It's all good. Gonna try to maintain the bike on friday, and ride on Saturday.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #74
919nick OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Let's do Danbury at 10:00 for a meet and greet. They've got a couple big tables in the back room if several people show up. Then we can decide what to do from there. If some want street only and some want to mix in some dirt roads we can split. Maybe a nice cruise on the BRP. Maybe Meadows of Dan for a trip to the candy store. Maybe ride back home in the rain.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...12,244.79,,0,5
919nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #75
lxstroker
Adventurer

I B dere!