shan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Hi
Jakub
yes you got it right about the Nav Asst
It has 50mm Marazocchi as did Payveys and Plumbs in 2004and 2005
The switch gear is right side works the road book and the trip meter
On the left I have stop/start /horn /indicators high beam and spot.
When I have five minutes i will take some close ups .
I am off to morocco the last week in October for three/four weeks
When I come back the bike will be striped down as I am having all the paint work
Re-done and all the white Touratech bits sand blasted and re-stove enameled
So whilst I am doing this I will take any photos you wont !!.
All the best shan
shan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #47
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Hey Shan,

I was looking at this photo,

How tall are you, Your seat seems somehow taller than the stock rallye seat.
I have two seats for my bike and the taller one (stock) seems about an inch or two lower than yours

Is it just the angle of the photo making it look different, or are you really a giant?

The stock rallye seat for reference.

Also which switches on your bike are set up for the Nav assistant, is it the toggle mounted inboard of the switch gear?
Jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:37 AM   #48
shan
Adventurer

Hi Jakub
No I am short ! 5 /10 but with short legs
The seat has been recovered by the last owner .The seat height is 970mm at its lowest point .

Shit photo home for lunch and thought this would show the height.

As for the switches I have not used the Nav assist or road book just the once when I got the thing to make shore they worked

This one shows the kill switch lights power outlet

And this also shows power outlet 2 and fan switch
Old 09-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #49
shan
Adventurer

Hi Jakub
do you have a part number for that touratech seat ?
Old 09-28-2011, 02:26 PM   #50
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan View Post
Hi Jakub
do you have a part number for that touratech seat ?
Sure do,

01-055-2096-0 (black)
01-055-2098-0 (black/ white)

The rally bike seat is a custom one, the base isn't available elsewhere so it was expensive.
The seat that came with my bike was recovered by a custom seat guy, but it was done in leather that
is pretty slippery and lets you move around too much for my liking. Also it's dished and scalloped for comfort
but it hit's your thighs when standing on the pegs, It was lowered a lot so the previous owner could flat foot
the bike but overall not being able to flat foot doesn't bother me. The one thing is that after 8-10 hours on the custom
saddle I'm still totally comfortable, the regular seat isn't that great for the really really long hauls.

I just got the new saddle from Touratech this summer so they should still have some leftover. I think that they still have some spares for these bikes but they are certainly going to run out sooner or later.

Jakub
Old 11-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #51
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Hi Jakub,

Can you confirm how many inches of travel the front WP TT forks have?
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #52
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Hi Jakub,

Hi,

I'll check over the weekend, the spec is 250mm I think for the front and rear, at least that's what I remember off the top of my head??????. However I'm sure it's not as much as they say, I'd suspect a bit less than 250.

Do you happen to know what the spring rate is on the Touratech fork kit? I've heard both .48 and .50 but never a definitive answer.

Jakub
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #53
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,306
Either one would work. The guys who has done most of the YZ fork mods put progressive springs in that start at either .48 or .50 depending on your weight.

I noticed the RR kit is back up on the US TT web site. I wonder if they are stilling making all the stuff. They even include the shock and forks.

BTW I was never able to get some Cams to try for this bike. the ebay seller for the old cams flaked and his page was taken down. I'm still keeping an eye out for some.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #54
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Interesting on the progressive fork springs, I'll have to look into that next time the suspension is rebuilt.

As for the Rally kit, I really didn't think they had anything left. Somebody on the chain gang told me the suspension was unavailable when he spoke to the Germans. Which would make sense as the 43mm WP forks haven't been used on KTM's in a while.

It could be that it's re-listed cause they have a complete kit lying around or maybe they've pieced together enough spares to make a complete kit.

When I needed a new saddle for the Rallye bike I went on the German Touratech website and on the Forum asked them (in english) if they had spare parts etc. I got my saddle as well as some special CNC machined bolts I needed. So, obviously they have a lot of misc parts hanging around. I pretty sure next summer I'll inquire about a spare set of front tanks and also a rear saddle tank, I'm really afraid of destroying one and not being able to get one after they're all gone in particular the rear tank as I'm sure they're plenty of fronts from the TT39 kit. I better start saving for that one

Jakub

PS I'll be sure to check the travel on the fork for you on the Remembrance Day weekend.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:09 PM   #55
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Jakub,

I jacked the bike off the ground and measured from the dust lip to down the fork tube to the axle mount. it measured
at 250mm. I've probably never bottomed my forks, but at least since the last cleaning of the forks I measured that I've used about 210mm of travel from the dust seal to the area that has not been wiped clean by the seal.

I'm not the first owner of the bike and I'm not really sure what the valving in my forks is and what fork springs are in them, so I can't help you as to whether that's typical for a TT fork kit.

Here's a video I found on youtube of a KTM fork on a F650 with .48 springs. I've heard the stock valving doesn't resist bottoming very well and that plenty of people with the 43mm WP forks go to a different base valve or mid valve setup to resist bottoming on bigger hits. On my bike with 50liters of gas I'd bottom way worse than a stock dakar too.
food for though.

Jakub

Old 11-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #56
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Hi Jakub,

I found out from Touratech that the model for the fork from WP was model# 05.99.V7.04
The Spring was model # 9501.0022. 380.485.00.050W d5.0

If you look up that spring it's a 38mm by 485mm long spring .50kg/mm

Hope that helps,

Cheers
Jakub
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 AM   #57
uptherepc
Adventurer

shb for TT wp forks

Hey guys,
just bought used TT wp forks and shock kit from an inmate. I'm going to change the SHB and i'm wondering which ones to order. Do i need bearings sized for the f650 of for the WP ? thanks alot
pc
Old 11-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #58
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptherepc View Post
Do i need bearings sized for the f650 of for the WP ? thanks alot
pc

I'm not sure what you mean about the bearings being "for the WP" WP is just the company that
makes the fork assemblies. Touratech built the triple clamps etc. The triple clamp (steering stem) itself should accept the standard F650 bearings just fine. I'm not totally sure if Touratech reuses the stock steering stem or if it includes a new one but from everything I know, even if they provide a new stem the stock bearing size is retained.

Hope that helps,

Jakub
Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #59
uptherepc
Adventurer

thanks alot !
pc
Old 12-31-2011, 11:20 AM   #60
uptherepc
Adventurer

front brake line

hey guys,
could someone provide insight on the front disc brake line length?
i'm installing the TT suspension kit on a gs with ABS and need to order the correct line for this new setup.
if you can also indicate whats the rise of you bar mounts that would help even more !
thanks again
pc