Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 07:22 PM   #61
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,406
Do you guys have the part number for the side stand relocation kit? It came with the rr kit and I want to get one.
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #62
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
Do you guys have the part number for the side stand relocation kit? It came with the rr kit and I want to get one.

For all of you guys looking for part numbers of Rally Kit pieces, take a look here:

http://www.vmar.com/touratech/f650/english/index.html
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:30 PM   #63
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parx400 View Post
05-310-0362-0 Kick stand mount

05-310-0361-0 Kick stand

Jakub

PS
PARX
I'll have the pics of the sidestand you wanted tomorrow.
Jakub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #64
Krijn_jj
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Hi all,

I found this topic using google and was surprised to find a bunch of my own pics in it !
I've had my Schalber since 2003 and did several looong offroadtours and a couple of rallies with it in Europe and Africa like:
Allroadtour in Finland 2004
Rally di Croatia 2006
Raid de 'L Amitié 2009
I have to admit I've realy obused the bike but it has taken all the poundings quite well. It doesn't look as good as it used to but hey, its a rally bike, not a showbike..
It has about (I guess) 50.000 km's on it now and after the last time in Marokko I've decided to give the bike an easy time from now on.
I'm planning to do a big overhaul to replace all the TT-parts that broke and were welded together again, and refurbish the paintjob. Maybe have it done like the 2000 bike Richard Sainct won the Dakar with.
Problem is that all my time is now being consumed by my 'new' rallybike (a WR450 with Yamaha France-kit) so the Schalber project will probably take a year or two..

I've been to Germany to the TT factory last summer and according to them they still have allmost all the parts in stock

Croatia

France/Italy at the highest (legaly) point you can reach with a motorvehicle

Allroadtour Finland

Cheers
Jeroen

Krijn_jj screwed with this post 03-12-2012 at 07:42 AM
Krijn_jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #65
Sparqq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Any one who can tell me more of this aluminum swing arm? They told me it is for a F650, made by Nico Bakker for Schalber.

Sparqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #66
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krijn_jj View Post
Hi all,

I'm planning to do a big overhaul to replace all the TT-parts that broke and were welded together again, and refurbish the paintjob.
I've been to Germany to the TT factory last summer and according to them they still have allmost all the parts in stock

Cheers
Jeroen
Hey Jeroen,

Very cool bike, you mentioned that your going to overhaul the bike and fix parts that had broke,
do you mind letting us know what kind of problems you've had and if there are any suggestions you have to preemptively fix things so they don't break down the road.

Thanks very much,

Jakub
Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #67
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparqq View Post
Any one who can tell me more of this aluminum swing arm? They told me it is for a F650, made by Nico Bakker for Schalber.

Hi Sparqq,

I saw your post in the "F650 in a Diet" page, You I think mentioned that the swing arm didn't fit your F650gs?

I wonder if it's possible that as you mentioned the swing arm was build for Schalber, but perhaps it was for the original
F650 that Sainct road. That bike very well might a of had a completely revised geometry from the later bikes. If you look at the original photo's though the chain adjusters do look different.

I'm not sure, what did the seller tell you, did you ask Nico Bakker?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #68
Sparqq
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I won't fit the f650gs indeed. I will send the pictures to Nico Bakker to find out exactly what it is.
Sparqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #69
Jakub OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparqq View Post
I won't fit the f650gs indeed. I will send the pictures to Nico Bakker to find out exactly what it is.
Sparqq,

My bad looking at your photo I originally thought the shock on your swing arm mounted like the 1st Gen bikes
ala KTM linkless system

VS

After looking at your picture I realized that your swing arm is just upside down ( I didn't at first realize the the chain guard mount)

Did you say that it didn't fit because of the width of the swing arm where it mounts to the frame is too narrow?
If you look on the first page of this tread the rear mounting of your swing arm doesn't look like any of the bike pictured whether they be Touratech or Schalber built.

Jakub
Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM   #70
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

He said in another thread its not wide enough. Could it be missing spacers on the sides?
Old 04-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #71
Krijn_jj
Adventurer

Didn't the Schalber race bikes have a special-made frame? If the swing arm was made for Schalber It's not gonna fit on a standard bike.
But your'e only 30 min drive away from Nico Bakker in Heerhugowaard! Take the swing arm there and ask if they made it.
The guys there are quite dedicated to the work they make so if they have been involved in a Dakar-winning project, they WILL remember and probably tell you all about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
Hey Jeroen,
Very cool bike, you mentioned that your going to overhaul the bike and fix parts that had broke,
do you mind letting us know what kind of problems you've had and if there are any suggestions you have to preemptively fix things so they don't break down the road.
Thanks very much,
Jakub
I will get to that soon Jakub, meanwhile keep your eye on the footpeg system and the muffler-clamp..

Cheers
Jeroen
Haarlem Holland
Old 04-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #72
Krijn_jj
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakub View Post
Hello Plukennabel,

Very cool bike...
Also do you have any close up picture of the rear luggage rack, I'd be really interested in putting that on my bike if
it's a bolt on Touratech part I can order.

My bike basically runs the stock switch gear with just a one extra touratech switch assembly for the Nav/Roadbook
I know the rally bike didn't use stock switches, but would you be kind enough to label what button and switch does
what. I'd be really interested in what buttons' are doing what in these two photo's of the bike handlebars. I'm seriously thinking of either order these parts for my bike or making them if I can't get them through Touratech.

Also do you have any info on what throttle your bike has, It's not the stock F650 unit like on my bike. It looks like
a Magura 312 throttle cable assembly but I could be wrong.

Jakub
The luggage rack is definitly a stock TT part that you can order, i have the same on my bike, I'll try to find out the TT-partnumber for you. It comes complete with screws and rubber distance washers.

The switch assembly as on the pics of Plukenannabels (former) bike is :
Left hand side from top down:
Nav-assistant adjuster flipswitch
IMO adjust up
IMO reset
IMO adjust down
Roadbook flipswitch

Righ hand side:
Killswitch (red)
Starterswitch (green)
Indicator switch
Horn switch (grey)

Mine has the same setup, except for the nav assistant, I have seperate switches for roadbook forward an reverse.

By the way if anyone is looking for one, Here's one for sale on ebay!
http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-F650GS-Ra...item3a728d493b
Old 07-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #73
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

I found all the parts to build a F650RR in Sacramento for sale. Going to look at them tomorrow morning.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM   #74
trialsman13
n00b

Oddometer: 1
650rr kit

I have a complete 650RR tourtech kit available for sale, currently on my 2001 BMW. I would sell it as is or part it out.
Contact Tom 916 606-3139 (sacramento area) or sent an email and i would forward some pics. THX
trialsman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #75
TobyG
be happy :)

Oddometer: 478
Do you have the same handlebar switch setup as the Bike in the pics above?
TobyG is offline   Reply With Quote