User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
HoosierTrailmaster OP
Just an Old Grizzly

Oddometer: 2,382
Chasing the Holy Grail in Arizona

Yesterday a couple of Tucsonan's and a Cowboy named ADVJackass (direct from Wyoming) made the trek for the Holy Grail. Sibley Mansion was built on the hopes of folks wanting to get rich in the Arizona copper boom of the early 1900's. It seems one R. Sibley bilked quite a few investors by building a 20 room mansion in a godforesaken canyon in remote Copper Creek, AZ. Today the only thing that remains is the twin 2 story towers and the storehouse. It is situated on private property so getting close was not in the offering, but we did sit on the hill above to photograph our hard earned prize. If you google Sibley Mansion Arizona, you will find all kinds of stories and photos from the mining establishments that cover the area. Great weather, great company and awesome (read good test) ride.

OK, Becktastic, James, ADVJackass (direct from Jackson Hole, Wyoming) and myself (Hoosiertrailmaster), set out to reach Sibley Mansion. Making it to Copper Canyon Mine was easy smeasy, but once past there we missed a few turns and made some climbs that did not lead us to Sibley. We headed up Copper Creek, but my 640 was a little big for some of the boulder climbing. Ultimately, James turned back as kicking his DRZ wore him out. Jackass (Jay), Becky and I continued on and finally we found the Holy Grail. Got to say, completely impressed with the climbs BB made. Also, no fear hitting boulders in the creek at some ungodly speed. I think she was miffed at the simplicity of the hill she lost half her KLR on last year. What a difference 10,000 miles and a Zeb will make.

Oh, PS: had an issue with my rear sprocket and Becky had two front flats. Remind me not to ride with her again unless she has tools and tubes.

AdvJackass

JackAss

Zeb Rides

ZebRides

Sibley Mansion

Sibley Mansion

Storehouse

Storehouse

Panorama

ScreenHunter_01 Dec. 20 14.19
HoosierTrailmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #2