ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 05:42 PM   #1621
Slippy Chips
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Slippy Chips's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Hotlanta
Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzo View Post
where is this?............fantastic
Thanks, Pigeon Mountain near Summerville in NW Georgia.
__________________
GO DAWGS
2009 BMW R1200GS
IBA #56918
Slippy Chips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #1622
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur
 
DRONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma, WA-ish
Oddometer: 3,292
Sidecar rig

Don't think I've ever posted in this thread, so here's a look at my GS sidecar rig. Click on my "WUMPA" sig thread if you want to see more.




That's my navigator, Kirby, giving me that look.
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #1623
macadamia
XK Red 27 Technique
 
macadamia's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Don't think I've ever posted in this thread, so here's a look at my GS sidecar rig. Click on my "WUMPA" sig thread if you want to see more.




That's my navigator, Kirby, giving me that look.
The look like, let's go already...
__________________
"The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." Unknown
'12 BMW R1200GSA '02 BMW R1100S BCX
macadamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #1624
kubiak
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: madera california
Oddometer: 4,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
Don't think I've ever posted in this thread, so here's a look at my GS sidecar rig. Click on my "WUMPA" sig thread if you want to see more.
nice setup!


That's my navigator, Kirby, giving me that look.
i need one for my dogs!
kubiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #1625
Grumpee
Adventurer
 
Grumpee's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Oddometer: 16





Grumpee screwed with this post 12-29-2012 at 11:10 AM
Grumpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #1626
Nitzo OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Nitzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Daytona
Oddometer: 4,788

is this canada?
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #1627
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast
 
Dan Alexander's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Now only Montreal
Oddometer: 6,679
Looks like it.
__________________
Beemers Past and Present: 74 R90S, 77 R100RS, 85 K100RS, 2x 87 K100RS, 96 R1100GS (getting hacked), 99 R1100S, 2002 R1150GS, 2005 F650 Dakar
Plus the occasional Triumph, BSA, Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and KTM but who's counting
Dan Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:00 PM   #1628
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur
 
DRONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma, WA-ish
Oddometer: 3,292
2004 1150gsa

OK, one more of my sidecar rig WUMPA. (Yeah, sidecar guys name their rigs.) This is the Snake River in the Hells Canyon region.




More pics from that same trip if you want 'em -- HERE.
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #1629
Grumpee
Adventurer
 
Grumpee's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitzo View Post
is this canada?
Bike on the rocks is at the top of Cadillac Mountain in Bar Harbour Maine, the others are around Bar Harbour.

Grumpee screwed with this post 12-30-2012 at 01:27 AM
Grumpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #1630
Nitzo OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Nitzo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Daytona
Oddometer: 4,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
Bike on the rocks is at the top of Cadillac Mountain in Barbor Maine, the others are around Bar Harbor.

ok, cool, was wondering, ya hey der
Nitzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #1631
Jeepthing47
Adventurer
 
Jeepthing47's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: North Augusta, SC
Oddometer: 22


Tetons
Jeepthing47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:32 AM   #1632
Rockmuncher
Studly Adventurer
 
Rockmuncher's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Western Canada
Oddometer: 750
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
OK, one more of my sidecar rig WUMPA. (Yeah, sidecar guys name their rigs.) This is the Snake River in the Hells Canyon region.




More pics from that same trip if you want 'em -- HERE.
I never considered a side car rig until I saw yours. That thing is sweet!!
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 AM   #1633
DRONE
Dog Chauffeur
 
DRONE's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Tacoma, WA-ish
Oddometer: 3,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmuncher View Post
I never considered a side car rig until I saw yours. That thing is sweet!!
It's both liberating and limiting. You're more limited in route selection than on 2 wheels, but you're liberated because it can safely carry much more stuff (plus your best buddy) and you can camp wherever the hell you want because you got everything you need on-board.

When I was younger, I didn't need much to camp comfortably. But now in my 60's, my "needs" have expanded. So for me, anyway, 3 wheels lets me get to places that I couldn't or wouldn't get to on 2. And no more worries about falling. Crashing, yes, but falling, no.
DRONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 AM   #1634
EddieMac
Adventurer
 
EddieMac's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Tallahassee
Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRONE View Post
It's both liberating and limiting. You're more limited in route selection than on 2 wheels, but you're liberated because it can safely carry much more stuff (plus your best buddy) and you can camp wherever the hell you want because you got everything you need on-board.

When I was younger, I didn't need much to camp comfortably. But now in my 60's, my "needs" have expanded. So for me, anyway, 3 wheels lets me get to places that I couldn't or wouldn't get to on 2. And no more worries about falling. Crashing, yes, but falling, no.
Love it! Plus, it reminds me of Hogan's Heroes.
__________________
2001 F650GS
2010 F650GS
2012 R1200GS Rallye
EddieMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #1635
pcwirepro
Aspiring Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2012
Location: State of confusion
Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duall View Post
Etang du Montady, SW France.

Is that a missile silo or the site of an alien landing?
pcwirepro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014