Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2011, 10:23 AM   #676
BenFongTorres
Banned

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
For a thread titled "Your favorite GS picture..." me thinks this photo is missing something.
Well...I was ON the GS when I took the picture if that counts! LOL
BenFongTorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:00 PM   #677
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Oddometer: 1,191
Dinosaur National Monument last summer

LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #678
tallguy-09
Smile 4 Miles

Oddometer: 1,436
Close to Lillooet, BC, Canada

tallguy-09 screwed with this post 07-31-2011 at 09:24 AM
tallguy-09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:47 PM   #679
RAL88
Marineboy

Oddometer: 77
Ok, here is my new to me GS. I picked it up 3 months ago. It is a 95 r11GS with 15,000 miles on it. It had not been driven for the past seven year. I changed all fluids, removed, cleaned and sync'd the TB's, cleaned the injectors, adjusted the valves, pulled the tranny and did a full spline lube, flushed the brake lines and changed them with Speigler stainless lines and I removed the fuel filter outside of the tank so I never have to take the tank off again (PITA). I put iridium plugs into it, changed the left side cam chain tensioner and removed the carbon canister.

It came with H & B engine protection bars, Aerostitch tank saddle bags, bagster tank cover and tank bag, Large rear shelf and headlight/oil radiator grill and Corbin seat though I have not found a corbin seat that I did not hate and this one is not different.

I just put on SW Mototech brackets and H & B gobi bags

Knowing the issues with the M94 tranny I picked up, for a steal an M97 with 13,000 miles on it which I will hold in the wings for when the M94 goes bad.

'97' R850GS-R
"If it ain't broke take it apart and make it work better"
RAL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #680
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAL88 View Post
Ok, here is my new to me GS. I picked it up 3 months ago. It is a 95 r11GS with 15,000 miles on it. It had not been driven for the past seven year. I changed all fluids, removed, cleaned and sync'd the TB's, cleaned the injectors, adjusted the valves, pulled the tranny and did a full spline lube, flushed the brake lines and changed them with Speigler stainless lines and I removed the fuel filter outside of the tank so I never have to take the tank off again (PITA). I put iridium plugs into it, changed the left side cam chain tensioner and removed the carbon canister.

It came with H & B engine protection bars, Aerostitch tank saddle bags, bagster tank cover and tank bag, Large rear shelf and headlight/oil radiator grill and Corbin seat though I have not found a corbin seat that I did not hate and this one is not different.

I just put on SW Mototech brackets and H & B gobi bags

Knowing the issues with the M94 tranny I picked up, for a steal an M97 with 13,000 miles on it which I will hold in the wings for when the M94 goes bad.
Wow you did a thorough go-through and after 7 years was probly a good idea Cool! Enjoy
Old 07-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #681
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,485

Double rainbow on the way to Valdez, AK during the 2010 Alcan 5000 road rally.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #682
Jklotz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
I kind of like this one from my recent trip, but I can't remember where it was taken. Utah probably.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #683
dirtsurfer
Challenged Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,616
I got this about a month ago. It runs rough, 57,000 kilometers. I like it and hope to become very fond of it

Old 08-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #684
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklotz View Post
I kind of like this one from my recent trip, but I can't remember where it was taken. Utah probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsurfer View Post
I got this about a month ago. It runs rough, 57,000 kilometers. I like it and hope to become very fond of it

Old 08-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #685
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 6,511
Check the stick coils. Chance it needs the cam chain tensioner too, and the throttle cable update.

Quote:

Old 08-06-2011, 06:30 PM   #686
bone13
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtunche View Post
BMW builds cars?

www.ridgerunneradventures.com
bone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #687
LoneStar
WhoopDeDoofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bone13 View Post
BMW builds cars?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #688
vagueout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:

"RUNS ROUGH" cannot abide. If you want a hand tuning/sorting it PM me.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #689
higworld
Bring Me Meat!

Oddometer: 852
Hmmmm.....

Quote:
I haven't seen anyone ask the obvious question ... is your throttle cable on the right jug completely seated? There is a sleeve that the cable sits in. Oftentimes it will slip out just enough so that it's sitting on the sleeve and not in it. And the bike will run like crap. Happened to my bike as I was looking at it for purchase. Easy fix, just move the cable back into the sleeve!

"I’m lost. I’ve gone to look for myself. If I should return before I get back, please ask me to wait."
higworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #690
TnVFRrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by higworld View Post
I haven't seen anyone ask the obvious question ... is your throttle cable on the right jug completely seated? There is a sleeve that the cable sits in. Oftentimes it will slip out just enough so that it's sitting on the sleeve and not in it. And the bike will run like crap. Happened to my bike as I was looking at it for purchase. Easy fix, just move the cable back into the sleeve!
This happened to me just yesterday. Ran like crap, would barely idle, backfired on occasion. Fuel mileage went from near 200 miles to 120 per tank. I was thinking I was going to have to cut the ride short and go to the dealer. Then as we were fueling up the gas nozzle stuck and ran fuel over the tank and engine. After I hosed off the gas (it was running out of the skid plate when I put it back on the side stand. There was a lot of gas, I had to use my finger to flip the locking lever on the nozzle back out of the way) and was drying everything off I noticed the throttle cable sleeve was out of its holder. When I restarted it was like magic, it smoothed out and the fuel economy returned. We went ahead and rode another 6-7 hours to celebrate.
TnVFRrider is offline   Reply With Quote