ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #4456
HanzoSteel
n00bish
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Aurora, Co.
Oddometer: 403
Well, not able to make it today.
__________________
'08 V-Strom 650
HanzoSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #4457
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust
 
atokad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: 6,450' above MSL
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
Yeah no fries = wrong

Atokad I thought the B&W would give it away for you. I also thought the Jarre Mart sign was lighted. I did ride to Palmer lake before I turned around but I'm not giving it away, this time. Lightning was intense from Daniels park road.
So that's Douglas county, what's next?

http://douglascountyhistory.org/cdm/...id/2229/rec/40
B&W did nothing for me and the fuzzy night shot confused the hell out of me. Made it look like some deserted gas stop in the middle of nowhere. I have stopped there a dozen times for fuel, but never once looked at the sign with the name of the place.
__________________
2006 - Triumph Tiger
1995 XR650L
atokad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 PM   #4458
60pan
NDAWND
 
60pan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Mile Hi
Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by atokad View Post
New Tag, must shoot picture from this angle with The Rock in the picture.



I thought this place might have some historical significance behind it but couldn't find any, so here's some other pics to help "locate" the Tag.

Sorry, no time to run to a new county, but there are a few other taggers that could easily grab this and take it much further away than we would like.







If you can find it with this, then you Google-Fu is strong!

Well you stumped me back. I've been by here more times than I'd like to admit. Just zoomed right by. Had to use google earth to find it.
Although if I just went for it, I'd probably zoom by it again
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #4459
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust
 
atokad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: 6,450' above MSL
Oddometer: 2,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
Well you stumped me back. I've been by here more times than I'd like to admit. Just zoomed right by. Had to use google earth to find it.
Although if I just went for it, I'd probably zoom by it again
Easy to drive by, not as easy to get to. Although Google takes the fun out of finding how to get to it once you have found where it is at.

I like the shot of the red barns with the scrub oaks and hill behind it. That one and the Tag picture are pretty deceiving.
__________________
2006 - Triumph Tiger
1995 XR650L
atokad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #4460
DomEOD
'murica
 
DomEOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Ft Carson, CO and SoCal
Oddometer: 1,872
Well.. that was wicked easy to find. Unfortunately i've got work tomorrow during the daylight :(
__________________
'14 F800GS
'12 Sertao - Sold

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #4461
60pan
NDAWND
 
60pan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Mile Hi
Oddometer: 758
Colorado Front Range Tag-O-Rama




60pan screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 10:50 AM
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #4462
60pan
NDAWND
 
60pan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Mile Hi
Oddometer: 758
New Tag
You can rambler on over to this ranch next
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #4463
Gripsteruser
Service Monkey
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: N. Colo
Oddometer: 463
Address is well hidden from Google.
But I figured it out eventually.

That's Cowboy's new place, isn't it????
Gripsteruser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #4464
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust
 
atokad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: 6,450' above MSL
Oddometer: 2,303
Grab



__________________
2006 - Triumph Tiger
1995 XR650L

atokad screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 03:59 PM
atokad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #4465
60pan
NDAWND
 
60pan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Mile Hi
Oddometer: 758
edit.... I wish it was Cowboys, that'd be sweet



thats the place, Rambler Ranch in Elizabeth
might be a nice place for a tagger lunch?

http://www.ramblerranch.com/rr/

and thats Elbert County, setting a record now for most counties tagged in a round of 25

60pan screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 02:32 PM Reason: Go Rockies!!
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #4466
Cowboy
Ceteris non Paribus
 
Cowboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Elizabeth, Colorado
Oddometer: 3,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
edit.... I wish it was Cowboys, that'd be sweet



thats the place, Rambler Ranch in Elizabeth
might be a nice place for a tagger lunch?

http://www.ramblerranch.com/rr/

and thats Elbert County, setting a record now for most counties tagged in a round of 25
Ha! I saw your tag, and I was halfway out of my chair and onto the bike (still dressed in a suit after work) before I saw Kirk's quick grab. I live just a couple miles away.

I volunteered to help organize the Studebaker Drivers Club visit to the Rambler Ranch, when I discovered it on the schedule for the SDC convention in the Springs in July. Seems the owner of the Rambler Ranch lurks at the SDC website, saw my post volunteering, and invited me over for a private tour. It's a very cool collection. Not many car collections include a boneyard and complete restoration facilities in the tour. And of course, it's full of orphan cars, which have become a favorite for me for some reason I don't understand.

Sadly, it's not open to the public, only to car clubs and other organizations that carry their own insurance for their events.

Right behind that old car in the photo is a cool reconstructed historic gas station, and immediately alongside is the first of three huge buildings full of (300+) restored cars, with a boneyard full of Nash, Rambler and AMC restoration candidates just to the north.

There is also a fourth building full of restored Kelvinator Appliances. Nash owned and made Kelvinator stuff too.

I was gonna grab the tag and run down to El Paso county, to add yet another.
__________________


Cowboy screwed with this post 09-05-2013 at 04:19 PM
Cowboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #4467
Olas
the darkness
 
Olas's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Englewood, CO
Oddometer: 3,788
__________________
Rebuild threads:
'92 XT600, '87 XR250R
Lighten up, Francis.
Olas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #4468
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust
 
atokad's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: 6,450' above MSL
Oddometer: 2,303

coming soon...
__________________
2006 - Triumph Tiger
1995 XR650L

atokad screwed with this post 09-06-2013 at 10:33 AM
atokad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #4469
DomEOD
'murica
 
DomEOD's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Ft Carson, CO and SoCal
Oddometer: 1,872
Tick... tock..
__________________
'14 F800GS
'12 Sertao - Sold

Initial Success or Total Failure.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #4470
60pan
NDAWND
 
60pan's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Mile Hi
Oddometer: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
Ha! I saw your tag, and I was halfway out of my chair and onto the bike (still dressed in a suit after work) before I saw Kirk's quick grab. I live just a couple miles away.

I volunteered to help organize the Studebaker Drivers Club visit to the Rambler Ranch, when I discovered it on the schedule for the SDC convention in the Springs in July. Seems the owner of the Rambler Ranch lurks at the SDC website, saw my post volunteering, and invited me over for a private tour. It's a very cool collection. Not many car collections include a boneyard and complete restoration facilities in the tour. And of course, it's full of orphan cars, which have become a favorite for me for some reason I don't understand.

Sadly, it's not open to the public, only to car clubs and other organizations that carry their own insurance for their events.

Right behind that old car in the photo is a cool reconstructed historic gas station, and immediately alongside is the first of three huge buildings full of (300+) restored cars, with a boneyard full of Nash, Rambler and AMC restoration candidates just to the north.

There is also a fourth building full of restored Kelvinator Appliances. Nash owned and made Kelvinator stuff too.

I was gonna grab the tag and run down to El Paso county, to add yet another.
I joined a few car clubs in my pursuit of license plates. I have not taken the tour yet, one of these days...
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014