ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #76
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 29,845
Do you have to pay the $29 entry fee for it to count?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #77
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,069
Is that even considered the "Front Range" anymore? Otherwise maybe I'll go get it and place it out in KS
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #78
Assfault
Exposed Member

Oddometer: 1,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Do you have to pay the $29 entry fee for it to count?

Geek, no, I took the picture from the main parking lot just before the toll booth. I have lived here all my life and have never paid, kinda out of my fun-per-dollar frugality.

And for the other who is complaining about this tag not on the Front Range, please! Am I posting on ADVRider or some other site? ADV to me means adventure. I'm not the type to pick the easy tag on my way home from the tag I just aquired. I could of picked the keyhole on Shelf Road, or the tunnel that is now open on Gold Camp Road, but then you would complain is was off the pavment. I belive my tag is in the spirt of the game and loose guidlines. Enjoy the ride to one of the mildest regions in the state.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Assfault is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:22 PM   #79
enigmatic_redhabu
I really wanna be....

Oddometer: 2,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
On Wilcox St in Castle Rock.... the main drag thru town. (Streetview on Googlemap is a good place finder )

http://goo.gl/maps/efqM
Yep!
Jinny
enigmatic_redhabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #80
modette
RMAR

I was not complaining just saying I thought it said Front Range for the winter was the idea. If we can truly go anywhere...seriously I have some really good one I'll use next up int he mountains. Still big bike friendly...but a lot more challenging. No complaint...I was just staying in what I thought was the rules right now.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #81
60pan
NDAWND

Oddometer: 770
rules?

60pan screwed with this post 03-13-2014 at 02:19 PM
60pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #82
wavephf
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
It was a bit cold up there and the wind was terrible but there you go.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Attached Images

wavephf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #83
Assfault
Exposed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavephf View Post
It was a bit cold up there and the wind was terrible but there you go.

Sweet!
Next.
* Assfault, Ass-Fault, Ms Ass, thier neighbors or friends, are not responsible for any incidents, accidents, or accusations, that might result from you using this forum in the pursuit of adventure greatness. Avoid taking ADV before bed time. Do not use if you experince faintness, dizzniess, inversness, difficulty urinating or an erection lasting longer than 4 hours. Thank you*
Old 01-19-2011, 12:14 PM   #84
wavephf
Adventurer

It might be hard to see it but those are dinosaur tracks. above my bike.

Attached Images

Old 01-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #85
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
theres rules to this too???
I say take the tag anyplace as long as it only costs gas & time & you can get there on a street bike plz....if you guys take it off road, just bring it back ocasionally. I know there are lots of riding styles here that might participate (this is a game right?)
...we'll be waiting
by the way I showed my wife the next tag & she said if your going down there me & the kids are following in the minivan.....itsa cool place and we havent been for a couple of years
peaceout
From Post 1:
"Lets restrict the area (for this winter anyway) to the front range and eastern plains. This means no farther west then where the snow builts up. No farther east then Kansas (this allows for some cool indian battle grounds), Fort Collins in the northern border and Pueblo could be the southern border. "
Old 01-19-2011, 05:10 PM   #86
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Let's not argue too much about this. It's supposed to be a fun-natured thing to get us out and do a little extra riding we might not do otherwise.

I think all the tags to date have been fine, including the bridge. It's fairly safe to say the Front Range includes a bit of the actual mountains. We don't need to keep it bouncing between various odd-looking shops within city limits, do we? You can see that crap driving around in your cage.

If a particular tag is outside your range or desire to hit, just wait a couple days and it may end up closer to you. It might just end up a few miles away, so you can go grab it.

Remember, it's supposed to be fun.

If we need any new rules, shouldn't it be "no whining"?

Ride. Have fun!
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 05:18 PM   #87
Assfault
Exposed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post

Ride. Have fun!

I couldn't of said it any better.

So, who's gonna go see some dino track's???

Ride = Fun
Old 01-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #88
wavephf
Adventurer

38.462819, -105.252044

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60pan View Post
Gotcha Morules...photo radar vans. More rules. So the worlds highest suspension bridge was in/or out? Cuz it only took about 5 min for it to close. Are you gonna get the Dino prints and go burry this in the mtns or bring it up here so us city folks can run it around for a few days and pass to the guys in ft. Collins
And yes the ride home sucked. ... Fer the guys in cars FTW
I do believe I was in the area, Canon City is 30 miles west of pueblo and a bit to the north, but not as far in the mtns as Woodland Park. Here an easy clue 38.462819, -105.252044. If I'm not in the area well someone else can just take over. I work from 7am to 6pm so chances for me to grab the tag was slim, but when it arrived at my doorstep I took the chance while I could.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 AM   #89
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Let's not argue too much about this. It's supposed to be a fun-natured thing to get us out and do a little extra riding we might not do otherwise.

I think all the tags to date have been fine, including the bridge. It's fairly safe to say the Front Range includes a bit of the actual mountains. We don't need to keep it bouncing between various odd-looking shops within city limits, do we? You can see that crap driving around in your cage.

If a particular tag is outside your range or desire to hit, just wait a couple days and it may end up closer to you. It might just end up a few miles away, so you can go grab it.

Ride. Have fun!
No one is whining...I just pointed out what "Charleetho" posted *shrug* At the end of the day I don't really care, just pointing it out. So I will assume if I get it again I can post a tag of up in Rampart Range...thats fine with me. Let the real games begin then.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:58 AM   #90
Mac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
No one is whining...I just pointed out what "Charleetho" posted *shrug* At the end of the day I don't really care, just pointing it out. So I will assume if I get it again I can post a tag of up in Rampart Range...thats fine with me. Let the real games begin then.
Fair enough, as long as the "city folk" in the Denver metropolis can pry themselves from the city limits and drive their luxo-barges up there.
Member: NRA, AMA, TPA, MSF RC
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote