Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2015, 03:15 AM   #1
AK Rider/MotoQuest OP
Ride Alaska & Beyond

Oddometer: 408
An Invitation to Alaska from MotoQuest founder Phil Freeman

Alaska: The Wild Side

Being born and raised in Alaska has its advantages and disadvantages. Sure, your stomping ground is one of the most sparsely populated regions on earth with limitless opportunities for outdoor activities. But there always is an element of separation between Alaska and the real world. We are like a large island and some joke we are the smallest town in the world. With the land size almost as big as Mexico, and a population of just 700,000, we Alaskans have plenty of space to ourselves!

I think the most noticeable differences in traveling Alaska than anywhere else are the open and friendly people and the unfathomable vastness of wilderness. In a land where you are part of the food chain, the locals help one another. It's hard to get stranded too long at the side of the road before someone lends a helping hand. Alaskans take care of one another.

As for enjoying a pristine environment, you can be riding along on your motorcycle and stop just about anywhere and stand off to the side of the road. Chances are, you are the first person to ever have stood there.

Anyone who comes up and rides Alaska for few days becomes mesmerized by the sheer enormity of this place. Add to it the element of solitude, endless mountains, glaciers and rivers, and you have natural history as it should be. To explore Alaska is to explore, truly, the Last Frontier. To experience it by motorcycle can only be described as EPIC.

I encourage you to come up to Alaska on your own. If you don't have a motorcycle, rent one and spend a week traveling from mountain range to mountain range with literally NO TRAFFIC at all. If you like the social element of touring on a motorcycle, and want to go with experienced guides and support, then I recommend the following tours.

Light Adventure: Best of Alaska Adventure Sunday, Jun 28th 2015 - Tuesday, Jul 7th 2015
Medium Adventure: Northern Lights Adventure Saturday, Aug 29th 2015 - Sunday, Sep 6th 2015
Heavy Adventure: Backcountry Explorer Friday, Jul 24th 2015 - Saturday, Aug 1st 2015

Alaska is one of the "Seven Summits" of adventure motorcycling. Where else, on the North American Continent, can you ride to the furthest northern point of the road system, see the highest mountain on the continent, bathe in thermal hot springs and be caught in a caribou traffic jam, all in the same week?

If you have any questions regarding our program here in Alaska, do not hesitate to ask me. I know a thing or two about Alaska. I even co-authored an award winning book about it: "The Adventurous Motorcyclist's Guide to Alaska." Feel free to call or write me about riding in the 49th state.

Come explore this last great piece of wilderness. Get ready for an unforgettable ride. Get some freedom and fresh air. Get some Alaska!

- Phil Freeman
Founder, MotoQuest
e-mail: phil@motoquest.com
phone: 1(907) 441-1944

MotoQuest
Motorcycle Tours, Rentals and Self-Guided Adventures Worldwide

AK Rider/MotoQuest screwed with this post 05-08-2015 at 03:53 AM
AK Rider/MotoQuest is online now   Reply With Quote