Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2015, 11:33 AM   #1
RMScott OP
RMATV/MC Team

Oddometer: 5
Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Parts, Tools and DIY Discussion

Welcome to the RockyMountainATV/MC.com Parts, Tools and DIY Thread

Hey, it’s Scott, the DIY Guy, coming at you from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, and I wanted to post a thread about DIY repairs which will obviously involve adventure bike parts and tools cuz whether you like it or not, if you’re an adventure rider, you have to learn to “do it yourself” – and sometimes there’s a fair amount of “MacGyver” in DIYing…

Have you ever asked yourself, “What the heck is a doohickey?” Or have you ever survived your adventure ride with an uncanny bodge? Or is your ride so pimped out with farkles that you roll down the road like Huggy Bear’s Cadillac from Starsky & Hutch? Well then, this is the thread for you, and it’ll be a resource for you and for me when it comes to DIY projects and all the parts, tools and how-to’s that DIYing involves.

Oh yeah, and check out our thread dedicated to ADV gear . There’s a lot of good stuff there as well.

Several of us riders at Rocky Mountain ATV/MC have done a lot of adventure riding and can’t wait to get out on our next adventure. We have learned a lot over the years and hope to share some of our knowledge with you. We are also hoping to learn from you as well. Please use this thread as a medium to ask questions or share the things you have learned about parts, tools and DIY fixes. Check out some of our videos as well on our YouTube channel. We think this thread would be cool for everything DIY like:

• Parts comparisons
  • Specs
  • Installation process
  • Best tools for the job
  • Farkles and bodges
  • Anything at all related to parts, tools or DIY

We know that ADV riding is like an addiction that has no cure! So we know (and have experienced) the same symptoms that you do. Lots of times with DIY projects, “two heads are better than one,” and this thread will accomplish that and more. So just chime in with questions, comments and even your random musings. We’d love to hear from you, and together with all the ADV inmates, we can help you in your DIY projects.

Want to connect personally? You can also send me a PM or an email at scott.oakes@rockymountainatvmc.com. Of course, if you need immediate help with an order, ring us up at 1-800-336-5437 and our customer service reps will take care of you!

BTW, if you’re out on an ADV ride and cruise past one of our showrooms, make it a point to stop by and say hi. Tell them Scott sent you… and if it happens to be in the “Beehive” state, I’ll come over and say “hey.” We’ll take some pix and put them on this thread.

Address and contact info:

1551 American Way
Payson, UT 84651
1 800 336-5437

1459 Rolling Hills Ln
Winchester, KY 40391
1 800 336-5437

RMScott screwed with this post 01-22-2015 at 04:17 PM
RMScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 AM   #2
RMScott OP
RMATV/MC Team

Oddometer: 5
Tusk Portable Power and Jump Starter

Hey, what do you guys think about the mini portable power pack/jump-starters that are getting popular? We just picked one up under the Tusk brand, and during the testing phase I discovered that I used it a lot more that I thought I would. On our Battleborn 1000 ride through Nevada, we used it to charge phones and even jump-start a KLR650. Also, I recently returned from Argentina where I had the opportunity to follow the Dakar Rally for the first three stages. I took my little bag of international plug adapters, and unfortunately the one that works for Argentina was missing. Fortunately, I had brought the Tusk mini portable power pack, and I was able to use it to charge my cell phone and the phones of the other gringos traveling with me.

The power pack is great for adventure riding, camping, traveling or even around the house. It comes with everything you see here. It's awesome. Has anyone else tried one yet?
RMScott is offline   Reply With Quote