Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 09:29 PM   #196
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Oddometer: 859
Miquez - training is going really well except that I can't get much time on the bike. I've been out a little bit but not as much as I would like. The weather out here has turned sour for a while it looks like, so my training loop out west will be a snot fest and the mountains have snow. I'm also mixing everything up with running with weights, rowing, pushups, situps, etc.

My latest routine is 2 mins rowing max output with the C2 on 5, then 20 pushups, 50 situps on a workout ball, 50 back crunches on the same ball, and 30 lat pulls with the rubber bands...all at max speed. Then I repeat it 3 times and finish it off with a 2K row. I can usually crank that out in under 30 minutes but I'm sweating and breathing like a maniac.

No doubt I'm in the best shape of my life, period. Without a goal like this I would've never been so committed.

KZJ - Race morning usually gets me, but like most everyone who races, as soon as the flag drops it's all fun and business. I'm flailing like a madman trying to balance the final prep, training, family and work. It's going to be a fun next couple of weeks. Having a teammate would be nice right about now. Frog's tired of listening to me and all of my prep chatter.
pilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:55 AM   #197
beechum1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilo View Post
KZJ - Race morning usually gets me,
Speaking of race morning nerves, there's PLENTY of portapotties at the start, just bring you're own TP. FYI.
Mention to HogWild which way the wind is blowing where you're at, wait 20 minutes, and he'll post a picture of the intersection your at and a Google Earth route of how to get there.
beechum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #198
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Miquez - training is going really well except that I can't get much time on the bike. I've been out a little bit but not as much as I would like. The weather out here has turned sour for a while it looks like, so my training loop out west will be a snot fest and the mountains have snow. I'm also mixing everything up with running with weights, rowing, pushups, situps, etc.

My latest routine is 2 mins rowing max output with the C2 on 5, then 20 pushups, 50 situps on a workout ball, 50 back crunches on the same ball, and 30 lat pulls with the rubber bands...all at max speed. Then I repeat it 3 times and finish it off with a 2K row. I can usually crank that out in under 30 minutes but I'm sweating and breathing like a maniac.

No doubt I'm in the best shape of my life, period. Without a goal like this I would've never been so committed.

KZJ - Race morning usually gets me, but like most everyone who races, as soon as the flag drops it's all fun and business. I'm flailing like a madman trying to balance the final prep, training, family and work. It's going to be a fun next couple of weeks. Having a teammate would be nice right about now. Frog's tired of listening to me and all of my prep chatter.
That's awesome Phil. That routine sounds crazy intense, I can see how you'd be in the best shape of your life! My commitment has me working out 6 days a week, and although I like working out, I think I never had the drive I currently do, so I understand what you mean.

Stickers on the way today.

My 2012 Vegas 2 Reno adventure (on a 990 Adventure) starts here!
miguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 AM   #199
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 317
KZJ - Race morning usually gets me, but like most everyone who races, as soon as the flag drops it's all fun and business. I'm flailing like a madman trying to balance the final prep, training, family and work. It's going to be a fun next couple of weeks. Having a teammate would be nice right about now. Frog's tired of listening to me and all of my prep chatter.[/QUOTE]

At last years 1K I was wound up pretty tight before the bike wen't through tech. I do all of the race prep and was obsessing badly. After tech I pre ran the first 40 to Ojos Negros and felt awsome! I wasn't nervous at all at the start. I knew my section forwards & backwards and was in the best condition of my life. I sat there on the bike in the staging line chanting "let's go! I got this wired!" I handed off the bike in San Felipe just under an hour ahead of schedule.

Trust your training and bike prep. Pick a speed average and time schedule and keep to it. Then HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:41 PM   #200
Wyobrew
Missed it by that mu

Oddometer: 460
Cheers to you Phil!

I just had to go back to the start of this thread to remind myself why I am enjoying your exploits. You lay out the plan, then you execute the plan.

Simple.

You seem to have the experience, the commitment, the talent and above all, the support of a great family and friends.

Along the way you have taken the time to explain and give details of what it really takes. There are plenty of dreamers out here who want to achieve their goals. Keep setting the example of how it is done. Don't forget what you wrote during the early parts of your thread.

Quote:
I'm ready to have fun for sure. No stress here, I just want to be in shape physically and finish strong (physcially strong, I'm less concerned about my place).

Wyobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #201
YOGOI
Prick

Oddometer: 3,446
Get it on!

04 950 GO!!!!! 2011 250 XC 89 Transalp 69 350 CL 04 225 XT

08 450 XC-F SOLD to a good home
YOGOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #202
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Anyone in the area on Saturday...

If you want to get together with some locals we may be meeting at my place for a couple of hours.

Details are here
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 PM   #203
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Almost Ready...

Thanks to all of the people and companies that have helped me out. As mentioned before V2R:

Warp9, LocalHeroMX, Wolfsnout, and Konflict Motorsports

Since V2R I've added a few companies:

Sidi - I finally replaced my worn out Sidi's with a new pair and I'm glad I did. They have a great support program.

MSR - I've been wearing a lot of MSR stuff since the late 90s. Their gear is good, but the MSR "Hard Parts" I like just as much. MSR also does a fantastic job of supporting riders who support them.

Highwaydirtbikes - Awesome American made, small business stuff. I'm happy when my dollars go Paul's way. What more can be said.

Some inmates came through with some stickers to add to my pile. My book of notes, info, etc. is almost ready to go.

The garage is a mess after finishing up the race bike, but the packing has started. Things looked a little better than this at the end of the evening.

Bike is done. Ready to be loaded. Yes - That is snow on the ground behind the bike.

And as promised I got the names of the people who contributed to the YWCA on the bike. You're going along for the ride...thanks.

Hey Ho, Let's Go!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #204
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

She looks gorgeous Phil, nice job!

Best of luck, we're all cheering for 267X!

Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #205
pilo OP
Rhymes with below

Thing 1 and Thing 2

Old 11-14-2011, 07:33 AM   #206
miguez
Miguez Rally Racing

And here we go, go, go, go!

My daughter watches the new Cat In The Hat on PBS every day, and your title brought this song immediately to my head! And how appropriate too!

pilo, best of luck to you, family (are they coming?), and friends, I'll be watching your spot on my phone all day Thursday!

Old 11-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #207
M.A.G.
I heart Penalties

Oddometer: 1,010
Good luck and Godspeed, Phil. Stay focused on the course and watch those booby traps on race day. Again, good luck!
M.A.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 01:47 AM   #208
AngryShawn
Punchbowl Pooper

Oddometer: 392
Best wishes for a safe and fun race Phil, YOU CAN DO IT!

D-36 AMA #196F - Supermoto USA #47 - BITD #379 - MCMA #430
AngryShawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #209
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,709
And the race starts in 5.........4..........3.............2.............. .1.............

Do we have a spot on pilo?

Good luck! Ride swiftly and safely.....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM   #210
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
Update before the race.

We preran some the past few days and had a great time. Phil is riding really well and is very relaxed. We did the last prep of the bke today, went over our plan and are heading to bed.

Bike is ready, Phil is ready, chase crew is ready. Lets get this going.
frog is offline   Reply With Quote